LnS

In What Form To Send Skype and Email Communication?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I have tons of skype and email conversations saved. My question is how do I print them out? Should I copy and paste them into Word documents, take screen shots, or what? It seems like copy and paste is the easiest but wouldn't hold much validity because they can easily be faked or changed. How did you guys and gals do it? Thanks for any help!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We actually just took a screenshot of my email inbox (single page), and that was sufficient. To tell you the truth, I don't think it would have made any difference if it hadn't been there at all.

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

I have tons of skype and email conversations saved. My question is how do I print them out? Should I copy and paste them into Word documents, take screen shots, or what? It seems like copy and paste is the easiest but wouldn't hold much validity because they can easily be faked or changed. How did you guys and gals do it? Thanks for any help!

We just printed a few pages to word and printed :star:

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

For me, what worked is:

I did a few pages of screenshots of my Skype incoming and outgoing call History, (It can be found in the menu of Skype) and printed it out. I wrote on the bottom of the first Skype History screenshot printout, "Incoming and Outgoing call history of my fiance and I on video call program, Skype." We talk twice a day, everyday, so my history on skype was around 7 printed pages! :o

As long as your skype name is your actual full name, and your fiance's full name it shouldn't be a problem. If they are more like a screen name, I would mention who is who in a footnote of sorts.

I also printed out various e-mails (their translations from Japanese, plus the translation certificate also included), ranging from the date I came home from Japan up until the filing of the visa. I didn't screenshot my inbox though, I didn't really think of it. But it didn't seemingly matter, since I had nearly 1lb. of emails, the translations, and 7 pages of Skype History. It worked.

Best of luck, and you have my best wishes!

My Timeline

2/1/2008: The day I met my Hubby-to-be

2/1/2009: Celebrated our first year anniversary!

12/25/2009: He proposed!

2/1/2010: Our second year anniversary!

1/12/2010: 129-F sent out to Vermont!

1/22/2010: NOA1 received

1/25/2010: Updated!

4/20/2010: Updated to Approved Status!

4/23/2010: NOA2 received!!

4/26/2010: Visa case forwarded to NVC

6/25/2010: Took care of new packets.

7/15/2010: Interview date set for August 23, 2010 @ 8:30 A.M!~

8/1/2010: Ordered police record!

8/9/2010: Police record pick up!

8/16/2010: Medical exam

8/22/2010: Interview in Tokyo Embassy!

8/26/2010: Passport received with visa!! PASSED! :)

11/1/2010: Masato comes to America~L.A POE

11/21/2010: OUR WEDDING! finally~!! :)

...Next step, AOS!

Best wishes to everyone in their own visa endeavors!

My timeline needs updating, it's outdated a bit! I will take care of it soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I took screen shots of my Fiancee durring video chats on Skype and MSN and also printed a few e-mails as well as some phone records from calls I made to her phone via skype. I also printed my google voice records of my phone calls.

FYI.

I made a video of everything I put in my Petition package if you would like a reference point. its at http://fianceek1visa.blogspot.com

I hope this helps

Blog: http://fianceek1visa.blogspot.com/

K1 Timeline:
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
2009-12-26 : I-129F Sent
2009-12-28 : I-129F NOA1
2009-12-28 : I-129F NOA2
2010-04-02 : NVC Received
2010-04-05 : Consulate Received
2010-04-20 : Packet 3 Sent (via Fax)
2010-04-22 : Packet 3 Received by Consulate
2010-06-09 : Interview Date (APPROVED)
2010-06-24 : Visa Delivery (Via Domesa)
2010-07-01 : POE (Fort-Lauderdale)

2010-09-04 : Married !!!!

AOS Timeline
2010-09-11 : Packaged express mailed to Chicago Office:
2010-09-13 : Package delivered to USCIS Chicago
2010-09-20 : NOA1 via e-mail
2010-10-15 : Case Xfered to California Service Center
2010-12-01 : Inquiry made regarding delay of biometrics appointment letter
2010-12-15 : Received biometrics appointment letter (Scheduled for 2011-01-05)
2011-01-05 : Biometrics Appointment
2011-01-12 : Work Authorization Card Received
2011-01-26 : Two Year Green Card Received (Thank you VJ!!!!)

Us Citizen

May 2014

I guess I can't really imagine that they care so much what you two talk about, but rather how much you talk at all. To me, a summary log of your Skype (Date, time, duration) history would be quite powerful. The same with any chat/email logs. A shot of your inbox or for example googlechat where you can see the size and date of emails/chats would show how often you two are communicating.

Without trying, Nik and I had 3-5 emails per day plus ~100 lines of chat per day, and usually at least one skype call - longer ones on the weekend. One look at my inbox would show "Nik Nik Nik Nik Nik Mom Nik Nik Nik USCIS Nik Nik Junk mail Nik Nik Nik Nik Mom Nik Nik Nik Wedding coordinator Nik Nik Nik Nik Nik....."

On the other hand, sending in emails just gives them some ammunition, especially for a high fraud consulate. More than one couple here on VJ thought it was fun to call each other "husband" and "wife" sometimes in their emails, and when they provided the specific emails - guess what, they were denied a FIANCE visa because they provided their own evidence against themselves. There are many other similar ways to shoot yourself in the foot, since you've now provided all of those communications which were created with a casual intention as very serious evidence.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

For Kiev, you probably won't need any of that. Most people who read that comment just ignore it and print out reams of material anyway, but you can get by with a small selection of email. My wife had a binder+, and they looked at a couple of pics and a tax return. Don't sweat it.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Brad and Vika, I must say that your words are very encouraging and help ease my stress a little. I've heard good things about the Kiev consulate and I'll do my best not to sweat!

Happy to help. PM me if you we (Vika and I) can help. I take it you are going to the interview.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.