Adriana Brazil

Best choice of agent

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello guys

About my I-130 process I know the next step is the Choice of Agent. Well, I live in Brazil and speak english, and the mail works very well. Do you think that I should put myself as the agent (to receiv the things from NVC) or my husband (that lives in the US?)

11/12/2006 Entered Usa with k-3 visa

EAD

11/29/06 Sent EAD package to Chicago ( sent EAD before AOS)

12/04/06 NOA

12/14/04 Case transferred to California

12/22/06 Biometrics

03/11/07 Touched

04/12/07 - Infopass appointment. They sent an email to the California Service Center asking about my case.

04/12/07- Touched (seems like Infopass really worked)

04/13/07 - Touched

05/01/07 - Another infopass, this time he talked to someone in California who said that is going to approve my case and that I'll have my card in 3 weeks.

05/02/07 - Touched

05/03/07 - Touched

AOS

12/20/06 Sent AOS

12/27/06 NOA

01/12/07 Biometrics

02/30/07 RFE received

03/22/07 RFE sent

03/30/07 Email notification saying that they received RFE and case processing has resumed

04/03/07 Touched

04/04/07 Touched

04/09/07 Touched

The USC is generally the best choice of agent as it saves in international mail time. If using Timesavers and or James Shortcuts, it will save you even more.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

If the mail service is reliable, put yourself as the choice of agent else your husband will have to mail you the documents which adds time to an already exhausting process. :no:

Actually during the NVC process there is really very little that gets sent to the beneficiary/applicant.

1) The Choice of Agent can be done by emailing the NVC

2) A signed copy of the DS-230 part I can be forwarded to the USC spouse in advance along with any documentation that is needed ready for when the DS-230 is generated.

See Timesavers & James Shortcuts

Adriana Brazil

What you should check on is .......once NVC completes your case and forwards it to the consulate, you need to find out from others that have done CR-1 through same consulate to see if they send the package to the choice of agent or straight to the applicant. It varies depending on the consulate. eg My package was sent to my USC husband who was choice of agent (pain in the butt as I he had to forward it to me), London will send to the applicant even if the choice of agent is the USC.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey just a thought regarding the choice of agent...If you have an attorney, then you skip this step, your attorney is your agent, and the first part of the NVC process goes quick since no choice of agent has to be made, you move right into the second step...

Rob and Melinda

I-129F

Filed New I-129F form with IMBRA June 19, 2006

NOA 1 June 26, 2006

Touched July 3, 2006

I-129F Approved by E mail August 21, 2006, Just 63 Days

NOA 2 for I-129F Received in the Mail August 26th, 2006

I-129F at NVC

Case Number assigned at NVC August 29, 2006 MNL2006XXXXXXXXX

NVC sends the I-129F to the Manila Embassy August 29th, 2006

Embassy in Manila Receives I-129F August 31st, 2006

Packet 4 Received by Melinda from Manila Embassy October 1, 2006

Interview at Us Embassy Manila, October 18, 2006

Visa Approved! Interview Completed.

Visa Delivered by DELBROS October 28th, 2006

October 30, 2006 Arrived back in LAX with Melinda, were going to Disneyland!!!

November 6th, 2006, Melinda and I are back home in Winslow Arizona loving Life!

Hello guys

About my I-130 process I know the next step is the Choice of Agent. Well, I live in Brazil and speak english, and the mail works very well. Do you think that I should put myself as the agent (to receiv the things from NVC) or my husband (that lives in the US?)

Adriana,

Are you a fan of Adriano, the football player from Brazil? Jogo Bonito.

Anyway, in my opinion, your US citizen husband should be the choice of agent in order to save some mailing time from NVC to the choice of agent. These are what I think you can do to save time:

As soon as your Ds 3032 (Choice of Agent) and AOS fee bill generated, email NVC (NVCINQUIRY@state.gov) and request them to appoint your husband as your choice of agent. Make sure, the email must be sent by you, the beneficiary to the NVC. It will for sure save some time, even upto a week or two.

In the mean time, get your DS 230 Part I and II ready. Fill out DS 230 part I, sign it, and send it to your husband in USA so that your husband can send it to NVC right away, as soon as NVC generates DS 230 packet. You need to find out what would be required to submit to the NVC, as you are from Brazil. But I think, Ds 230 part I and copy of your passport biographical pages need to be submitted to the NVC. And you will need to take the DS 230 part II along with other documents with you during your interview at the Embassy/Consulate. You must not sign the DS 230 part II prior to the interview, as the consular officer will ask you to sign part II during the interview. Please find out, what are the requirements for Brazilian Consulate.

Have your husband make documents ready for the I-864 packet (Affidavit of support), as he will need to fil out the I-864 and send it to NVC along with other documents (recent year's tax return, proof of income, etc) that NVC will ask for.

Feel free to ask questions. Good Luck.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank you for the replys, but how do I know that the DS 3032 (choice of agent) was generated. They will send a letter to my husband letting him know? Or is there a way to check the status over the internet.

P.S. I am not a Adriano´s fan but I like soccer, besides my team, Brazil, didn´t play that well in this World Cup.

Adriana

11/12/2006 Entered Usa with k-3 visa

EAD

11/29/06 Sent EAD package to Chicago ( sent EAD before AOS)

12/04/06 NOA

12/14/04 Case transferred to California

12/22/06 Biometrics

03/11/07 Touched

04/12/07 - Infopass appointment. They sent an email to the California Service Center asking about my case.

04/12/07- Touched (seems like Infopass really worked)

04/13/07 - Touched

05/01/07 - Another infopass, this time he talked to someone in California who said that is going to approve my case and that I'll have my card in 3 weeks.

05/02/07 - Touched

05/03/07 - Touched

AOS

12/20/06 Sent AOS

12/27/06 NOA

01/12/07 Biometrics

02/30/07 RFE received

03/22/07 RFE sent

03/30/07 Email notification saying that they received RFE and case processing has resumed

04/03/07 Touched

04/04/07 Touched

04/09/07 Touched

Thank you for the replys, but how do I know that the DS 3032 (choice of agent) was generated. They will send a letter to my husband letting him know? Or is there a way to check the status over the internet.

P.S. I am not a Adriano´s fan but I like soccer, besides my team, Brazil, didn´t play that well in this World Cup.

Adriana

Adriana

Have you been assigned a case number from NVC yet? If not, you can do so by using the NVC automated system on (603) 334-0700.

*press 1 for English or press 2 for Spanish

*press 1 for information about your immigrant visa

*It will then ask you if you know your CIS receipt number (this is the number on your NOA).....press 1

(Once you have a case number you can use this.....press 2)

*You then follow the instructions to key in your number.

*If will then tell you if NVC has received the petition, and assigned a number.

This automated service is available 24/7.

Once you have your case number you can call them at any time to hear any updates on your case, using either the NVC case number or your CIS (NOA) receipt number.

For more read Timesavers & James Shortcuts

By calling the NVC you will be able to find out when the DS-3032 has been generated along with any of the other forms & bills during the NVC process.

Also have a read of the NVC Flowchart which will show you the two paths in the process.

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Adriana

Adriana

Have you been assigned a case number from NVC yet? If not, you can do so by using the NVC automated system on (603) 334-0700.

*press 1 for English or press 2 for Spanish

*press 1 for information about your immigrant visa

*It will then ask you if you know your CIS receipt number (this is the number on your NOA).....press 1

(Once you have a case number you can use this.....press 2)

*You then follow the instructions to key in your number.

*If will then tell you if NVC has received the petition, and assigned a number.

This automated service is available 24/7.

Once you have your case number you can call them at any time to hear any updates on your case, using either the NVC case number or your CIS (NOA) receipt number.

For more read Timesavers & James Shortcuts

By calling the NVC you will be able to find out when the DS-3032 has been generated along with any of the other forms & bills during the NVC process.

Also have a read of the NVC Flowchart which will show you the two paths in the process.

Adriana,

IN about 1-2 weeks after the approval, NVC will assign you a case number. And in about 1-2 weeks after the case number, NVC will generate DS 3032.

When you call NVC, you can also speak with an operator live. This serivice is available Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. to midnight eastern time. Call the same number, 603-334-0700 that Aussie provided, then option 1 for English, then option 5 to speak with an operator live. Sometimes, the line can be busy, but you have to keep trying and eventually, you will reach an operator. Have your NVC case number and USCIS receipt number ready. Soemtimes, they don't update the automated system right away, but the operator can inform you about a very recent update. The automated system is available 24-hour a day, 7-day a week.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.