SummerTime

Become a US Citizenship without doing exam

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Exemptions from the English language requirements are available for those over 55 years who and have lived in the United States as a Legal Permanent Resident for 15 years, or are over 50 years old and have lived in the United States as a Legal Permanent Resident for 20 years.

According to the article above that I've found in many places around the internet. So what type of document we need to submit along with N-400?

Thank you so much

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Here is a link to the information you request on the USCIS website: http://www.uscis.gov...000b92ca60aRCRD

It is just an exemption from the English language requirement - you are still required to do the Civics test:

Note: Even if you qualify for the "50/20" or "55/15" English language exceptions listed above, you must still take the civics test. You may be permitted to take the civics test in your native language, but only if your command of spoken English is insufficient to conduct a valid examination in English. If you are age 65 or older and have been a permanent resident for at least 20 years at the time of filing for naturalization, you will be given special consideration regarding the civics requirement.
Medical Disability Exceptions to English and Civics

You may be eligible for an exception to the English and civics naturalization requirements if you are unable to comply with these requirements because of a physical or developmental disability or a mental impairment.

To request this exception, submit Form N-648, Medical Certification for Disability Exceptions. This form must be completed by a licensed medical or osteopathic doctor, or licensed clinical psychologist.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I think they cut the civics test down to some very basic questions. Whenever I've printed my flashcards and the guide there were some questions marked with an asterix that were meant to be for ppl with test exemptions. check the USCIS website.

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

Filed: Other Timeline

The English requirement is so ridiculously low already, it's a joke. If one can't write: "Our President's name is Obama," he or she should really not become a US citizen.

And while we're at it: if I had any say in this, every USC, born or naturalized, should pass the civics test before getting a license to vote in any election.

Many Americans don't even know the name Washington, or what city was named after him, or who the Vice President is, or how many States the Union has. How can we as a nation expect those people to make informed decisions about the future of our country, and not fall victim to pure and malicious political propaganda?

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

"What city was named after George Washington?"?!? That's even worse than "Who is buried in Grant's Tomb?" :lol:

Seriously, those two questions should be included in the USCIS Civics tests. I mean it. They wouldn't even have to count. They could be secretly flagged on the examiner's computer as "Wrong answers here don't count." Just for s**ts 'n' giggles. Just to show that the Federal Government has some humanity remaining in it's monstrous and twisted soul. That would be so great. :)

Let's start a petition! Who's with me? :)

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Black adder:

HER: There are two things ye should know of the wise woman

HER: First - she is wise - and secondly...

Black adder: She is a woman ?

Her: - oh you know her then - why didnt you say so

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Our concentrated study was in that 4 1/2 hour drive to our field office, helped killed the time. Say our because, felt it was my responsibility to also know all the answers since I was the sponsoring USC for my wife. Ha, wife forgot most of the answers a week later, in a recent study, a college graduate only retains about 14% of what they learned.

Civics test would have been very easy if that is all you had to do, but everything in this world is getting unnecessarily complicated. But if you want your USC, you have to do it. Wife said she only spent a maximum of two minutes for both the civics and English test in a 43 minute interview. Most of the time was spent was proving she was married to me. Her IO could have come out to the waiting room and just asked me if we were married. Or could of asked me the name of my mother-in-law. I don't know, some ten foot long Spanish name, I just call her mom. Maybe our evidence was better.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.