precious.thing

Interview questions

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello there!!! :blush: So my 3rd package was finally delivered to the US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey .. the step that comes next is the interview appointment. Is there any page, where I could see and get an idea of what kind of questions they are gonna ask ... just wanna be prepared, my fiancee is a ball of nerves, and i think it would ease him to have a slight idea of what to expect. Thanks a lot for the help. :star:

How long do you know your fiancee?

When did you meet in person?

When is your fiancee's birthday?

Does your fiancee have a brother or a sister?

Where was your fiancee born?

Where does your fiancee's parents live?

What does your fiancee do for a living?

What do you love about your fiance?

Where are you getting married?

Where did you get engaged?

More @ this Linke Sample interview questions - K1 visa, K2 visa, K3

USCIS JOURNEY California Service Center

2010-02-24 - Mailed I-130 Overnight Express to Chicago Lockbox

2010-02-25 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-04 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)

2010-04-22 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)

NVC JOURNEY

04-28-2010 - NVC Case Number Assigned

05-03-2010 - Email given to the NVC

05-04-2010 - AOS bill and Agent forms received by email

05-04-2010 - Email DS 3032

05-04-2010 - Paid AOS Bill Online;

05-05-2010 - AOS Bill Status: PAID;

05-05-2010 - IV Bill Received by email;

05-05-2010 - Paid IV Bill Online;

05-06-2010 - IV Bill Status: PAID;

05-12-2010 - Wife send PC-PP-DS-230 all Package DHL

05-17-2010 - I Received DHL mail from my Wife

05-24-2010 - Sent AOS and IV Package Overnight Express to NVC

05-25-2010 - AOS & IV Package arrived at NVC signed by N. Visa Center

06-04-2010 - AOS & IV Pack Received/Entered into AVR System

06-11-2010 - Sign in Fail Thank you, God!

06-12-2010 - Case Complete NVC

06-14-2010 - NVC Forwards Case to Embassy

07-14-2010 - Interview Date Assigned

EMBASSY JOURNEY

06-17-2010 - Embassy Receives Case from NVC

07-29-2010 - Medical Exam $750 ETB ($70USD) PASSED

08-05-2010 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

08-06-2010 - Visa Received

08-12-2010 - Passport and visa pick up from Bank of Abyssinia branch.

US JOURNEY

09-16-2010 - POE Washington, DC

10-04-2010 - Received Welcome letter

10-25-2010 - Received GC

Timeline

ok so here is the question. I am divorced, and my final decree was dated May 2009, but i met my fiance october 2008. My ex husband and I had been separated for a long long time, but never really filed for divorce until later. My first marriage was a wreck, and i did not want to bring all that baggage into my new relationship. my fiance knows i was married, and now i am divorced, but i dont desire to share anymore than that such as why it didnt work or anything else regarding my first marriage, i dont wanna bring trash into it. what if the officer asks him when did i get divorce or why didnt it work??? would it be valid to answer that he has no desire in knowing anything about my first marriage? or about my past? ... i hope my question is clear enough :help:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

...would it be valid to answer that he has no desire in knowing anything about my first marriage? or about my past? ... i hope my question is clear enough :help:

I understand the question. I understand you do not want to bring it up and re-hash it with anybody. Keep in mind everybody must always be honest and tell the truth.

So I am thinking you can improve your Fiance's answer. The way you wrote it makes it sound unrealistic, a little flippant or he just doesn't care or something he is trying to hide.

All parties always tell the truth... Can your fiance honestly say something like, "I have asked her about this and she will not tell me, or she will not discuss it. So I have to respect her privacy." "It is just too painful and too personal and she has asked me not to question her about it."

Will that work. I think it is more honest than someone having no desire whatsoever not to know. Every woman I ever dated since my divorce has asked that practically first thing, when was I divorced and why was I divorced.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

i understand ... i just dont wanna get in any trouble ... i mean, i could just give him all the info, but i'd rather keep it in the past where it belongs. would it look bad though??? like i am hidding something??? i think it would make the officer suspicious.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Don't take this the wrong way, but if I were your fiance then I would want to know about your past marriage, and why it didn't work out. I also think the consulate will expect that your fiance would want to know these things, and would expect that a serious couple would have discussed it. The topic of previous marriages is a very common one for a CO to bring up during the interview.

Imagine if you were engaged to a man who didn't want to discuss his previous marriage. After pressing him about why his marriage ended, he finally confesses "She was always nagging me about getting a job, cleaning up after myself, and playing video games until 3am". Would you still want to marry the guy?

I think you should seriously consider having a talk with your fiance.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

yeah you are right ... i will have to do that ... i just hate going back to those memories. thanks a lot.

i do think though that it is not really fair that they focus as much in the past ... since the point is to prove that we really DO love each other. i dont know how to explain myself.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Kind of seems like you knew the right answer all along. You just needed a small push in that direction.

I think Jim's questions were much better than mine.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

jajaja by the way Jim ... that example you gave ... "She was always nagging me about getting a job, cleaning up after myself, and playing video games until 3am"

sounds like you've met my ex . :rofl:

thanks for your help

Audy and Jim

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

jajaja by the way Jim ... that example you gave ... "She was always nagging me about getting a job, cleaning up after myself, and playing video games until 3am"

sounds like you've met my ex . :rofl:

thanks for your help

Audy and Jim

sounds like my ex too......glad i found a much better man this time. he is truly a gem

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.