LDora

Critique my evidence packet!

10 posts in this topic

So! I'm not actually able to file until January 11, 2011, (my Greencard expires in April of next year) but I'm just getting everything together now so that when that day comes, we can just sign a check and toss it all in the mail because we're awesome like that. (In theory; I keep obsessively checking the guide and the requirements because I'm convinced it's all going to change within the next year when I'm not looking.) I wanted to get some feedback on whether people thought what we were planning to include was sufficient to provide evidence

EVIDENCE!

The Hard Stuff:

Joint bank statements

Tax transcripts for the last two years, which were filed jointly

Utility Bills

Photocopies of both of our driver's licenses (both have the same address)

Photocopies of our medical insurance cards, which have both names on them

Additional Stuff:

Ride photos (my husband and I go on a lot of roller coasters and have a lot of pictures taken of us in mid-scream from coaster cams)

Hotel receipts with both our names on them from our upcoming anniversary trip this October

Photos taken of us with his family at his sister's wedding last year

Souvenir photos (We have several from theme parks and other events that actually have the date stamped on them, which I thought was nice)

Holiday cards addressed to both of us from family

Also, we didn't have an interview for my AoS; we were automatically approved, which was nice. Is this any indication that we'll probably get the greenlight without an interview for RoC, or is it impossible to tell? It wouldn't be a big deal if we were called in for one, since I think our office is just downtown Tampa, but I'm curious.

I also didn't see it mentioned in the guide, but I seem to recall people talking about providing evidence that they work? If so, it wouldn't be a problem, since I'm self-employed and I have an additional part-time job, so I'd have plenty of evidence for that, but should I start getting all that together, or is everything else I have enough?

Comments? Thoughts? Thrown tomatoes? Thanks in advance for any help!

"Your mom is in my head right now, and she's saying don't do that."

"For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain."

My husband owns his house, we've just never gotten around to putting me on the lease. Would it be a big hit against us if we didn't include this?

Filed: Timeline

My husband owns his house, we've just never gotten around to putting me on the lease. Would it be a big hit against us if we didn't include this?

Another Tampaite :thumbs:

You can include the mortgage statement that's in his name and in the cover letter state that he owns the house.

Since you have until Jan 2011, maybe he can add you to the title. check out the hillsborough county appraiser website.

Do you have utility bills in both your names?

Edited by second stage

Mom sponsoring for her son(my brother)

06/15/2010 : I-130 for son
06/23/2010 : Check Cashed
06/26/2010 : Received NOA
03/20/2012 : Received RFE(I-797E)
05/23/2012: Application approved after RFE response
06/29/2012: Received letter from NVC

06/03/2015: Change petition from F1 to F3 category

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

6. K-1 & AOS & ROC TimeLine

Would it be a big hit against us if we didn't include this?

I think it's often overlooked, and is very much an important component in the ROC process (IMO). It has to do with the very most basic element that we all more than likely share with other married couples - generally speaking, we very likely all live somewhere, with our spouse (where is 'here'?).

He owns the home, that's great - he'll have some sort of documentation of that - just remember to put a copy of that in the 'bucket of stuff' that you're creating (whether your name is on it or not may not matter too much either way).

I think you're on the right path - it's a smart idea to at least approach the next year and a half (or so) from a 'how can we document this?' point of view and start putting aside 'stuff.' :star:

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it! I'll look into the house documentation and see what magic I can work, as well as whatever else might crop up!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't have to file until next March but have found great advice in this forum on what to start compiling now.

And I thought I was the only one obsessing this early ! :rofl:

Edited by OBX

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: Other Timeline

Excellent package, no doubt. Don't worry about the home. I was in the same position as I had my home years before I even met my wife and to this day all utility bills are still in my name only. Your overall overwhelming and versatile evidence levels this out. ROC is going to be smooth as buttah for you, if nothing changes in your life until next year. Nine months is a long time, enough to make a baby or two. Or not. Are you already shopping for Christmas as well?

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

:thumbs: on the coaster cams - I have a few of them of me

but it may take some doing to get my wife on them - she

has YET to be initiated!

I got a pic of myself once with both hands high and

a burly guy in the seat behind me in "full chicken

position" with his sister or wife? laughing & screaming

sitting next to him.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think the coaster cam picture is a great idea... we have one from frightfest 2009 that i will take a make a copy of... he was smiling but holding on to me as if i could really help him :rofl: ... the goliath is soooooo fun... i'm not an expert but i think your evidence is good... my mother and i own the house so i asked my mother to add him as a co owner and she did... i love her and she loves my husband... i pray all goes well with your application :thumbs:

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.