2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
rofl.gif Thanks...I needed a laugh today!rofl.gif

OUR JOURNEY

Met: 5/18/07

Married: 2/7/08

I-130 mailed: 3/11/08

NOA 1: 4/22/08

NOA 2: 7/11/09

Received by NVC 8/12/09

DS 3032 submitted: 11/16/09

Paid I-864 Bill: 11/18/09

Paid IV Bill: 11/19/09

Mailed I-864: 11/20/09

Mailed DS-230: 1/12/10

RFE: 1/26/10

All Materials Received by NVC: 2/16/10

Case Complete @ NVC: 3/1/10

Interview Assigned: 4/15/10

AVR updated-Case forwarded to Montreal: 4/16/10

Medical in Toronto (Passed!): 5/10/10

Interview in Montreal: 5/20/10 -Nope, she refused to accept my '09 taxes, said we have to mail them in.

Forget it, I'm moving to Canada! ?/?/10

Ok...I might wait until next year to move. Something could happen...right?!!!?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

msnbc - making fox news look like einstein :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

MSNBC BREAKING NEWS....... Water is wet.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Other Timeline

Until now in Arizona, it has not been a crime to be illegal in the USA. That is the one reason why illegal immigrant is a misnomer, and undocumented immigrant is correct, as hard as it may be.

For the very reason that no crime has been committed, undocumented immigrants, when picked up by ICE, are not put in front of a judge. They are not charged with anything. No due process is given, they are just removed from the US.

If undocumented immigrants were guilty of a crime, they would be charged, sentenced, and put away after which they would be deported. Not so.

Hence, the Arizona law is a first for the United States. It remains to be seen if they can pull off putting an undocumented, yet now illegal immigrant, in jail, but that's the plan.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Until now in Arizona, it has not been a crime to be illegal in the USA. That is the one reason why illegal immigrant is a misnomer, and undocumented immigrant is correct, as hard as it may be.

For the very reason that no crime has been committed, undocumented immigrants, when picked up by ICE, are not put in front of a judge. They are not charged with anything. No due process is given, they are just removed from the US.

If undocumented immigrants were guilty of a crime, they would be charged, sentenced, and put away after which they would be deported. Not so.

Hence, the Arizona law is a first for the United States. It remains to be seen if they can pull off putting an undocumented, yet now illegal immigrant, in jail, but that's the plan.

So basically there rest of us are fools for going through this scrupulous process the legal way. Why even have customs then?

Its mind-boggling that anyone would speak of this like it's no big deal; furthermore, in a tone that basically sounds like you are endorsing this sort of behavior.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yep. Although the law itself does not give any authority of local law enforcement regarding immigration beyond detainment of suspects...and that's where they are going to run into all kinds of problems.

You guys are clearly missing the point. This it's just a slap on the wrist (per say) is why Arizona is taking such drastic measures.

Being an illegal alien in most other first world countries is a crime, however many give you one chance and deport without prosecution. After that, entering the country again without a visa results in prison; coupled with possibly a lifetime ban.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

You guys are clearly missing the point. This it's just a slap on the wrist (per say) is why Arizona is taking such drastic measures.

Being an illegal alien in most other first world countries is a crime, however many give you one chance to get out. After that, entering the country again without a visa results in prison; coupled with possibly lifetime ban.

Oh! I thought the point of this thread was discuss the accuracy of msnbc............

Oh! I thought the point of this thread was discuss the accuracy of msnbc............

I thought the thread changed direction with the discussion of the legality of being an illegal alien.

Edited by Booyah!

Timeline

I thought the thread changed direction with the discussion of the legality of being an illegal alien.

Yes, unfortunately a lot of these threads have been changing direction from their original topic...to the same direction, making them pointless and silly.

Edited by Sousuke

Filed: Timeline

There are two separate offenses to be considered:

1) Illegal presence - not a crime

2) Entering w/o inspection - a crime

This is why people who enter legally but remain here past their welcome can adjust status under certain circumstances while those that entered w/o inspection cannot. It's quite simple. So, being an illegal alien isn't a crime today as long as one entered the country lawfully.

Timeline

There are two separate offenses to be considered:

1) Illegal presence - not a crime

2) Entering w/o inspection - a crime

This is why people who enter legally but remain here past their welcome can adjust status under certain circumstances while those that entered w/o inspection cannot. It's quite simple. So, being an illegal alien isn't a crime today as long as one entered the country lawfully.

2) I would add "purposely"

I've entered countries before without inspection a few times.....