Starlight95

Could it be good news????

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everybody,

I know I have not been posting my regular updates. I want to thank everybody for checking in and just want to tell you something new I found out from DOS. Today I inquired as I do on a weekly basis and I got some good news. I asked how long this AP lasts. The nice lady told me usually cases clear between 60 to 90 days. Then she told me your case has been sent back to Mumbai on April 26th and your fiance should hear something from the consulate within a week. I am confused I thought internal processing is more at the embassy level. Why would they send it to DOS for AP? I am not going to hope for anything until he gets the call from the consulate or the email. But, I really hope that light at the end of the tunnel is near. Lets see what the next week brings me.

Star

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It means the original AP was not just consular level, but probably name checks. . . now it will go into consular review and as she said, you should hear something soon (at least within two weeks) if not, you can contact them to see what they need next.

It is very good news! Congratulations!

Timeline

It means the original AP was not just consular level, but probably name checks. . . now it will go into consular review and as she said, you should hear something soon (at least within two weeks) if not, you can contact them to see what they need next.

It is very good news! Congratulations!

Thank you now I fee a bit more confident.

Star

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Good Luck I sent you a email that might make you smile :yes:

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Timeline

Good Luck I sent you a email that might make you smile :yes:

Thank you so much for sending me that link. Now its for real that NVC really did finish the processing and now the consulate will be calling my fiance soon. So, they sent the file to consulate. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are awesome and can't thank you enough for finding that information.

Star

Edited by Starlight95

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

It certainly sounds promising! From your timeline it looks like we've been in AP both since early December (AGGGGH). So, previously you thought that the AP was 'internal' at the embassy and it now turns out that it was the 'mandatory' kind at the DOS? Fingers crossed and best wishes that it's what you're hoping for!!!

Meredith & Brahim

2 April 2009 - Married in France

23 April 2009 - Sent K3 Petitions

23 August 2009 - Petitions approved, sent to Paris

9 December 2009 - Interview: Approved, pending AP

7 May 2010 - 5 MONTHS LATER: DOS Confirms Visa Final Approval

10 May 2010 - Embassy Confirms Visa Being Issued

11 May 2010 - VISA IN HAND

14 May 2010 - Flights to Newark!!

Timeline

It certainly sounds promising! From your timeline it looks like we've been in AP both since early December (AGGGGH). So, previously you thought that the AP was 'internal' at the embassy and it now turns out that it was the 'mandatory' kind at the DOS? Fingers crossed and best wishes that it's what you're hoping for!!!

Yes, because when the consulate would contact me they told me that the internal processing has not cleared yet. But, when they meant internal they meant it was at the DOS level. So, I guess internal could mean many things. Thanks to Whatsnext I was able to track my package. It actually arrived in Mumbai and now I am just waiting for the consulate to contact him. I hope they don't delay it anymore.

You have been waiting since December as well, I am sure you will hear something very soon as well. I am crossing my fingers for you as well. I guess there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Star

Timeline

Yes, because when the consulate would contact me they told me that the internal processing has not cleared yet. But, when they meant internal they meant it was at the DOS level. So, I guess internal could mean many things. Thanks to Whatsnext I was able to track my package. It actually arrived in Mumbai and now I am just waiting for the consulate to contact him. I hope they don't delay it anymore.

You have been waiting since December as well, I am sure you will hear something very soon as well. I am crossing my fingers for you as well. I guess there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Star

Timeline

Star

Timeline

Star

Timeline

Star

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Star

That is great great news! I'm really excited for you!

Can you share how to track the package if it's ok with you, Whatznext? That'd be great info to have!

Ugh, I sure hope we're right behind you, it'd be such a relief as we're quite stressed now. Not to mention our friends who've been in longer than us :)

Meredith & Brahim

2 April 2009 - Married in France

23 April 2009 - Sent K3 Petitions

23 August 2009 - Petitions approved, sent to Paris

9 December 2009 - Interview: Approved, pending AP

7 May 2010 - 5 MONTHS LATER: DOS Confirms Visa Final Approval

10 May 2010 - Embassy Confirms Visa Being Issued

11 May 2010 - VISA IN HAND

14 May 2010 - Flights to Newark!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.