ibee4qb

Who suppose to fill form I-134 if you are using a co-sponsor

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

We got approved of our spouse petition this month and currently doing the paper work at the NVC. My wife's annual income cant sponsor so we are using a co-sponsor and they just send their I-864 to the NVC. I want to know which of them is suppose to fill the I-134 form when I am going for my interview, its my wife or the co-sponsor?

I will really appreciate your help very much. Thank you

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

We got approved of our spouse petition this month and currently doing the paper work at the NVC. My wife's annual income cant sponsor so we are using a co-sponsor and they just send their I-864 to the NVC. I want to know which of them is suppose to fill the I-134 form when I am going for my interview, its my wife or the co-sponsor?

I will really appreciate your help very much. Thank you

Hi ibee4qb,

Both your wife and your co-sponsor need to fill out separate I-134 forms.And now the onus of providing all financial evidence to support all that he/she fills out also lies on your co-sponsor.But I think that your wife might also need to send supporting evidence.Well to be on the safer side,I made my fiancé send his.But I thinking at the interview,they would like to check our co-sponsor's I-134 and supporting documents more.

Hope this helps ,and you can always look for more co-sponsor specific answers by simply searching for co-sponsor I-134.

Good Luck!

Anwesha

K-1 Visa

11/03/09:I-129F sent to VSC

11/06/09:NOA1

03/02/10:NOA2 !!!

05/24/10:Interview!!-Approved!

POE: 28th June

AOS

07/20/2010: AOS sent

07/21/2010: Received at Chicago Lockbox

07/27/2010:text and email notifications received,cheque cashed!

07/30/2010:NOA1 received for EAD

08/02/2010:NOA1s for AOS/AP received

08/11/2010: AP touched

08/18/2010:I-485 transferred to CSC

08/19/2010:I-485 touched, 08/24: I-485 physically in CSC now,08/25 :I-485 touched

08/27/2010:put in service request with USCIS for Biometrics letter

09/08/2010:AP approved and EAD touched

09/11/2010:AP and EAD touched

09/14/2010:Biometrics walk-in successful (10/01/2010:Original biometrics appt)

09/13/2010:AP last touched

09/14/2010:EAD card production ordered and AOS touched

09/15/2010:EAD and AOS touched

09/20/2010:Received AP in the mail

09/24/2010:EAD in mail

10/13/2010:GC card production ordered

10/14 and 10/15: AOS touched

10/20/2010: GC received- Done with USCIS till June,2012

My humble blog:

http://songbird24.wordpress.com/

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

For the CR1 spouse petition (form I-130 petition) the I-864 is used, not the I-134. The I-134 is used in conjunction with the K3 (I-129F) spouse petition.

Both the USC petitioner and the co-sponsor would file the same type form (I-134 or I-864). Each one completes their own form and includes all needed supporting documents.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

For the CR1 spouse petition (form I-130 petition) the I-864 is used, not the I-134. The I-134 is used in conjunction with the K3 (I-129F) spouse petition.

Both the USC petitioner and the co-sponsor would file the same type form (I-134 or I-864). Each one completes their own form and includes all needed supporting documents.

:thumbs:

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Thank you very much for your answer. They have send the I-864 together with all the supporting documents to the NVC and I want to know if they fill another for my interview or not. Anyway they made photocopies of everything it sent to NVC which they will send me, is that ok?

Hi ibee4qb,

Both your wife and your co-sponsor need to fill out separate I-134 forms.And now the onus of providing all financial evidence to support all that he/she fills out also lies on your co-sponsor.But I think that your wife might also need to send supporting evidence.Well to be on the safer side,I made my fiancé send his.But I thinking at the interview,they would like to check our co-sponsor's I-134 and supporting documents more.

Hope this helps ,and you can always look for more co-sponsor specific answers by simply searching for co-sponsor I-134.

Good Luck!

Anwesha

Thank you Anwesha and God bless you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You will want to have copies/originals of the proper forms at the interview.

It is best to have copies and originals of everything submitted (not just the affidavit of support) at the interview. Submit copies (unless directed to submit originals) and have the originals available for the CO to inspect if requested.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

You will want to have copies/originals of the proper forms at the interview.

It is best to have copies and originals of everything submitted (not just the affidavit of support) at the interview. Submit copies (unless directed to submit originals) and have the originals available for the CO to inspect if requested.

Thank you and now also most of our original documents are with the NVC so we will know after they completed their process there. Many thanks for you assistance! God bless you...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.