Minted7

Question please ?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Let me look at it again for the hundreth time.....or what it seems like! ;)

It seems like im missing all of your points... I don't know whats wrong with me.

Btw pushbrk this is the correct guide you are talking about right ? http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Guide AND I-130 instructions. If an item is "unknown" write unknown. You don't need your Naturalization Certificate because you have a US Passport.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You know Im reading the guide and I gotta tell you the truth something is popping out to me that i don't understand...... http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

On this compare guide.....i know you've said the k-3 is obsolete and so on, im just wondering how come they still show it on the guide. But when i read the details on each SpousalVisa K-3 and Spousal Visa IR1 /CR1

they are basically the same forms too fill out. One just takes longer to fill out and the other you are seperated longer.

2009 Sept 26: We were married in Turlock, California =D

USCIS

2010 Apr 29: Filed I-130

2010 May 12: I-130 recieved

2010 May 13: Check cashed

2010 May 12: NOA1

2010 Jun 8: Touched

2010 Jun 9: Touched ...again???

2010 Oct 26: Touched !! (after calling USCIS, and congressman 3 days earlier)

2010 Nov 1: RFE (G-325A & Photos)

2010 Nov 9: Touched

2010 Nov 10: Touched

2010 Nov 16: Touched

2010 Nov 17: Touched ... again.

2010 NOV 22: NOA2 =)

NVC

11/xx/10: NVC Assigns a Case#

11/30/10: Called NVC provided emails/ got case# & IIN #

11/30/10: hubby emailed DS3032

11/30/10: paid AOS fee

12/01/10: AOS status paid

12/06/10: hubby emailed DS3032 again..got a confirmation same day!

12/06/10: IV bill invoiced

12/07/10: DS-3032 (Choice of agent) accepted

12/10/10: mailed AOS packet!

12/15/10: pay IV bill

01/10/11: hubby mailed IV packet

02/01/11: checklist from NVC hubby has to fill out EP for montreal!

02/06/11: hubby completed and submitted EP application.

03/10/11: SIF/ case complete=)

04/12/11: Medical completed!

04/20/11: Picked up medical...passed =)

05/03/11: Interview Scheduled @ 8AM!!! =)

05/03/11: APPROVED YAY! =)

05/09/11: Visa in hand! =)

07/02/11: POE =)=)

event.png

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

Timeline

You know Im reading the guide and I gotta tell you the truth something is popping out to me that i don't understand...... http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

On this compare guide.....i know you've said the k-3 is obsolete and so on, im just wondering how come they still show it on the guide. But when i read the details on each SpousalVisa K-3 and Spousal Visa IR1 /CR1

they are basically the same forms too fill out. One just takes longer to fill out and the other you are seperated longer.

Everything you read about K3 except that it is no longer available is out of date. Even before its death K3 hadn't saved any time for more than three years.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There are still people here that are going through the K3 process because they had their approvals before February 1, 2010. The K3 does not apply to you. Disregard what you're reading about the K3 saving time. It actually slows up the process significantly. When we petitioned, those who filed the I-129F for the K3 were approved 6-8 weeks AFTER those who just filed the I-130.

Separation is part of this process sadly.

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Here is the story of the K3.

If you file for a K3, you file the I-130 and the I-129F. If the I-129F gets approved by USCIS first, then you will be applying for a K3 visa, if both the I-129F and I-130 get approved at the same time (which apparently happens quite often) then they leave the I-129F and continue processing the I-130, which means you are applying for the CR1 whether that is what you wanted or not.

From the Department of State website:

Important Notice: Effective February 1st, 2010, when both the I-129F petition for a nonimmigrant K visa and the I-130 petition for an IR-1 (or CR-1) spouse of a U.S. citizen visa have been approved by USCIS and sent to the National Visa Center (NVC), the availability as well as the need for a nonimmigrant K-3 visa ends. If the NVC receives both petitions:

- The nonimmigrant K visa will be administratively closed.

- The application process explained below will not be applicable and cannot be used.

- The NVC will contact the petitioner and you with instructions for processing your IR-1 (or CR-1) immigrant visa. For more information on the immigrant visa process review the Immigrant Visa for a Spouse webpage.

So, is there anything stopping you from filing an I-129F? No, not at all. In fact it might just be a faster option for you two IF it is approved first and if your Husband lives in Manitoba or western Canada. The reason being that people residing in Manitoba and western Canada will interview in Vancouver (for K visas only), this consulate is historically much faster at booking the interview.

So it's up to you - you can fill out the extra paperwork and hope they approve the I-129F first - or you can just go for the CR1.

Keep in mind, the K3 is a nonimmigrant visa, which means, when your Husband crosses the border he cannot work right away. You will have to file for his Adjustment of Status and wait for his green card or employment authorization to arrive before he can look for employment.

With the CR1 he is eligible to work right away and his green card should arrive in the mail a few weeks after he crosses the border.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Here is the story of the K3.

If you file for a K3, you file the I-130 and the I-129F. If the I-129F gets approved by USCIS first, then you will be applying for a K3 visa, if both the I-129F and I-130 get approved at the same time (which apparently happens quite often) then they leave the I-129F and continue processing the I-130, which means you are applying for the CR1 whether that is what you wanted or not.

From the Department of State website:

Important Notice: Effective February 1st, 2010, when both the I-129F petition for a nonimmigrant K visa and the I-130 petition for an IR-1 (or CR-1) spouse of a U.S. citizen visa have been approved by USCIS and sent to the National Visa Center (NVC), the availability as well as the need for a nonimmigrant K-3 visa ends. If the NVC receives both petitions:

- The nonimmigrant K visa will be administratively closed.

- The application process explained below will not be applicable and cannot be used.

- The NVC will contact the petitioner and you with instructions for processing your IR-1 (or CR-1) immigrant visa. For more information on the immigrant visa process review the Immigrant Visa for a Spouse webpage.

So, is there anything stopping you from filing an I-129F? No, not at all. In fact it might just be a faster option for you two IF it is approved first and if your Husband lives in Manitoba or western Canada. The reason being that people residing in Manitoba and western Canada will interview in Vancouver (for K visas only), this consulate is historically much faster at booking the interview.

So it's up to you - you can fill out the extra paperwork and hope they approve the I-129F first - or you can just go for the CR1.

Keep in mind, the K3 is a nonimmigrant visa, which means, when your Husband crosses the border he cannot work right away. You will have to file for his Adjustment of Status and wait for his green card or employment authorization to arrive before he can look for employment.

With the CR1 he is eligible to work right away and his green card should arrive in the mail a few weeks after he crosses the border.

All correct, except that approving the I-129F ahead of the I-130 would be a freak result. It isn't just "quite often" that the two petitions are processed and approved together. It is the stated policy. The exceptions tend to be late filed I-129F petitions that never ARE approved because the I-130 gets approved before the I-129F gets joined with it. This is how it's been for more than three years.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.