1American1

Online Dating Scam?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have been talking to this beautiful woman in the Ukraine for 6 months now. Almost everyday, on the web-cam (nothing ever sexual) We are very in love. I am planning on going to visit her this coming Wednesday. Everything is going good. She has never asked me for money, she is financially secure... I feel I know everything about this woman after 6 months of contact. So if she is a scam, then she gets what? my $500 that I bring...? And She is good. Nothing is pointing towards a scam. Everything seems legit. Until I get a letter in the mail with her name on it, and it was a PayPal MasterCard to my account with Her name on it! I dont remember ordering one in her name, but, I do drink heavily at times, and theres a slight chance I did... but very slight.

What should I do?

How should I approach this?

I called PayPal, no help...

If I were a scammer and I wanted a credit card for someone else's account, I'd have the extra card delivered to ME and not the person I intended to scam. If she's a scam artist, she's not a very good one.

US Entry: 06-27-2009
Marriage: 08-14-2009
Conditional Green Card in Hand: 12-21-2009
I-751 filed: 09-16-2011
Conditions lifted: 10-16-2012
N-400 filed: 10-28-2013
N-400 approved: 03-06-2014

US Citizen: 03-21-2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

you might try running this by the rub forum.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/98-russia-ukraine-and-belarus/

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I have been talking to this beautiful woman in the Ukraine for 6 months now. Almost everyday, on the web-cam (nothing ever sexual) We are very in love. I am planning on going to visit her this coming Wednesday. Everything is going good. She has never asked me for money, she is financially secure... I feel I know everything about this woman after 6 months of contact. So if she is a scam, then she gets what? my $500 that I bring...? And She is good. Nothing is pointing towards a scam. Everything seems legit. Until I get a letter in the mail with her name on it, and it was a PayPal MasterCard to my account with Her name on it! I dont remember ordering one in her name, but, I do drink heavily at times, and theres a slight chance I did... but very slight.

What should I do?

sounds like you may have told her at one point or another that you used paypal and she tried to order a card for herself on your account by telling them that she was your wife, but that paypal correctly sent it to your address as part of their security precautions. i would be wary of this one.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It was me who ordered it. I dont remember. but apparently I was drunk and did it. I called PayPal, and they gave me the IP address, and it was mine. I guess I need to quit drinking! Thank you all!

What should I do?

I don't believe anyone can really be in love (for real) until they meet in person.

When I met my wife online we had feelings of love for sure but if the "in person"

meeting had not gone well we would not be together today.

That's why the USCIS demands in-person meetings to be mandatory.

I met very few online friends in real life (in the US, not overseas) and very often

what appeared to be extremely compatible interactions were turned 180 degrees

to the opposite within the first few minutes of meeting in person. I never had any

kind of relationship with any of those before meeting my wife. I chatted with my

wife for about 14 months before we actually met; that was by far much longer

than with any other online friend and by the time the 14 months were up I had

long forgotten my other online friends and had ceased to maintain regular contact.

Online feelings are not a substitute for in-the-face time.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence