MonMon

I'm Turning 21 can i go to US with my family?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi everyone, i just want to ask you guys, does anyone here experience turning 21 while your visa is in process? i'm turning 21 in two weeks time.

We already submitted the required documents last march and after 15 days NVC sent us a checklist for missing documents, just for my mom and dad.

My name was not included in that checklist, my aunt told me not to worry because she thinks i don't have any missing unlike my parents, and surprisingly in was also noted that we haven't sent them the AOS, so my aunt (our agent) send the document after we told her about the missing document, and after 3 days my mom and dad also mailed their missing document.

last month (before we send the DS230 package) my aunt called NVC to inform them about my case, they told her not to worry and ask my full name so that they can inform their office.

Last week we also informed NVC thru E-mail and until now, no response. we told them about my case and if its possible to expedite.

Thanks in Advance for your inputs.

Edited by MonMon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

how does CSPA works? how to calculate it? THANKS!

don't be surprised if they deny you at the interview, due to being over 21. you might have to fight immigration about the cspa. you never know.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi there - this link from USCIS. Point 33 is where it has the formula for calculating. Usually, petition approved date is the date that USCIS approved the visa petition. So, I suppose the longer the petition was stuck at USCIS the better for you if you've aged out.

Best of luck ... :star:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1369.html

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

sir what do you mean by that? was that date right after you filed the petition? My grandfather filed it march 1992, and told me that a month after it was approved. I just downloaded a calculator (excel) and it shows that i have 3 months left, because i'm 20yrs and 9mos old. So do you think that would be enough to tell NVC about CSPA?

anyway thanks Deb+Steve. i hope i can go to US with my Parents.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like you will be good if the priority date becomes curren before you are 21 and one month.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@boiler

last month and this month's PD is our's.

so i hope that NVC will expedite my papers even if one week before my birthday and i guess CSPA will help me to go to US with my parents.

that case happened to my family(brother)..dunno if it can be applied the same to you..make your parents call the nearest US consulate and inform them about your case. they let my mom(principal beneficiary) flew with my brother a night before his 21st birthday, then the rest of the family followed a few months later..meaning, they prioritized my mom and my brother.

Timeline

how do we know whats the nearest consulate in manila? someone told me not to worry because CSPA is applicable to my case, but how do i know if its true?

ok, coz in your profile it wasn't stated whether which consulate you are so now it's clear that yours is in manila...tell your parents to call the US embassy there in manila..better to be hearing the news directly from them..for sure they will accomodate your call, just list down infos that they need like your case number, name of petitioner, etc...CSPA may apply but better to have the consulate informed for you to be directed as of what is the best thing to do..you still have time, my brother only had 3 days!

Edited by jaz33

Timeline

ok, coz in your profile it wasn't stated whether which consulate you are so now it's clear that yours is in manila...tell your parents to call the US embassy there in manila..better to be hearing the news directly from them..for sure they will accomodate your call, just list down infos that they need like your case number, name of petitioner, etc...CSPA may apply but better to have the consulate informed for you to be directed as of what is the best thing to do..you still have time, my brother only had 3 days!

sorry can't edit my post anymore...now i see that your case is still at NVC right? and not yet forwarded to US Embassy in MAnila...but still it is better to be hearing from the NVC..tell the petitioner to follow up. i hope they will prioritized yours.

my aunt (our agent) already informed NVC and ask for my name. maybe they already ask for case number etc. they told her not to worry.

well if my Birthday passed already and still no reply. i hope CSPA would still be applicable, because i used the CSPA age calculator and i was 20yrs and 9mos, i still have 3 mos left.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.