Ali-n-Edo

just a doubt

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Im Haitian living in Dominican Republic with visa legal way in my passport, then my girlfriend will field papers for does she have to field it to have appointement in Dominican Republic cause thats where im living now, or she has to do it for me to have appoitment in HAITI in my Native country... what i have to do?

Met online 01/07/2010

I went to Dominican Republic 05/17/2010-05/26/2010

I-129f sent- 01/04/2011

Package received- 01/11/2011 signed by D. Sawyers

E-mail confirmation of NOA1-1/17/2011 at 11:17pm. Sent to CSC

Hardcopy NOA1 recieved 1/22/11 Notice date 1/11/11

Checked online status 1/27/11 Post Decision Activity I129f Approved in 16 days

Called NVC and received new case number and will be sent to Dominican Republic.

Called DOS and got our interview date---March 2nd @6am

FEb 28th-Arrived in DR

MArch 2-1st interview 10 hour day!

MArch 3-2nd interview-Sad, sad day we got denied 221g

March 5th-Flew back hmoe without my love

Plan to go to DR this summer with my kids and my mom to get married and file I-130

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

if you reside in DR then DR

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It depends on what was listed in the I-129F for 'which embassy'.

What did the USC put on the form?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Im Haitian living in Dominican Republic with visa legal way in my passport, then my girlfriend will field papers for does she have to field it to have appointement in Dominican Republic cause thats where im living now, or she has to do it for me to have appoitment in HAITI in my Native country... what i have to do?

My hubby is living in Canada, and he will interview there, so I assume that you can interview where you are as long as you have legal status there. Hope that helps!

OUR JOURNEY

Met: 5/18/07

Married: 2/7/08

I-130 mailed: 3/11/08

NOA 1: 4/22/08

NOA 2: 7/11/09

Received by NVC 8/12/09

DS 3032 submitted: 11/16/09

Paid I-864 Bill: 11/18/09

Paid IV Bill: 11/19/09

Mailed I-864: 11/20/09

Mailed DS-230: 1/12/10

RFE: 1/26/10

All Materials Received by NVC: 2/16/10

Case Complete @ NVC: 3/1/10

Interview Assigned: 4/15/10

AVR updated-Case forwarded to Montreal: 4/16/10

Medical in Toronto (Passed!): 5/10/10

Interview in Montreal: 5/20/10 -Nope, she refused to accept my '09 taxes, said we have to mail them in.

Forget it, I'm moving to Canada! ?/?/10

Ok...I might wait until next year to move. Something could happen...right?!!!?

Timeline

it depends because it's the same situation with me, my fiancee is haitian but lives in DR except that he was not a permanent resident there. He only had a visa. When I filed my paper work last july, they sent the case to haiti, so now he is in haiti waiting to go for his interview. I believe that if you are a permanent resident there, they will send your paper work to DR.

it depends because it's the same situation with me, my fiancee is haitian but lives in DR except that he was not a permanent resident there. He only had a visa. When I filed my paper work last july, they sent the case to haiti, so now he is in haiti waiting to go for his interview. I believe that if you are a permanent resident there, they will send your paper work to DR.

That's the key, he has to meet the residency requirements in order to interview there. However, many people who are in other countries on student visas can be interviewed in the country where they are getting their education, so it doesn't necessarily mean they have to be a permanent resident of that country - Just there legally and for longer than a tourist visa.

I can't remember if they select the embassy based on the consulate listed or the permanent address given on the forms, but if both of those are for DR, then it should be assigned to DR.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline

Thanks for all the help!! We are just in the beginning stages of this and filling out the paperwork, so everything is new to us. Good luck to everybody.

Met online 01/07/2010

I went to Dominican Republic 05/17/2010-05/26/2010

I-129f sent- 01/04/2011

Package received- 01/11/2011 signed by D. Sawyers

E-mail confirmation of NOA1-1/17/2011 at 11:17pm. Sent to CSC

Hardcopy NOA1 recieved 1/22/11 Notice date 1/11/11

Checked online status 1/27/11 Post Decision Activity I129f Approved in 16 days

Called NVC and received new case number and will be sent to Dominican Republic.

Called DOS and got our interview date---March 2nd @6am

FEb 28th-Arrived in DR

MArch 2-1st interview 10 hour day!

MArch 3-2nd interview-Sad, sad day we got denied 221g

March 5th-Flew back hmoe without my love

Plan to go to DR this summer with my kids and my mom to get married and file I-130

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Yup, my fiance is a British citizen but a resident of New Zealand. He just had his interview in New Zealand with no problems. Good luck on your journey!

I-129F

6 Nov 2009: NOA1

2 March 2010: NOA2 (116 days)

14 April 2010: Interview (159 days) Approved!!

30 April 2010: Married!

AoS

18 May 2010: NOA1 for AoS, EAD and AP

8 June 2010: Case transferred to CSC

10 June 2010: Biometrics completed

31 July 2010: EAD and AP received!

9 Sept. 2010: RFE email for AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

18 January 2010: Interview - passed! Card production ordered!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.