w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Turkish grandmother "honor kills" 2-day old granddaughter

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Turkish police Friday detained an unmarried mother and six other people near Istanbul for their suspected role in the so-called "honor killing" of a 2-day-old baby girl, state news agency Anatolian said.

The baby was suffocated by her grandmother after the family learned the 25-year-old mother became pregnant out of wedlock, Anatolian said.

"My family decided to kill my baby," the mother told the police, according to Anatolian. "My 55-year-old mother choked the baby with a cloth. Then, my brothers buried the baby in a hole in the garden and covered the hole with cement."

Police found the body after receiving an anonymous phone call.

Among those detained were also a doctor and the doctor's secretary, They allegedly had agreed not to register the baby's birth in return for an undisclosed amount of money.

The baby's father is doing his military service and was not involved in the incident.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE63F4NC20100416?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FworldNews+%28News+%2F+US+%2F+International%29

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Beyond fvcked up. This is so disgusting and sick....I don't even have words.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Beyond fvcked up. This is so disgusting and sick....I don't even have words.

Whose "honour" was being preserved here? Bunch of neanderthal f****** b******* !!!!!!!!! :angry:

The Turkish authorities should "honour kill" everyone complicit in the baby's murder. See how they feel about it.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Of course has to wonder if they don't have -Partial birth Abortion over there.

If so, this public condemnation could have been avoided altogether...... though I do recognize a small fee would be involved.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

Of course has to wonder if they don't have -Partial birth Abortion over there.

If so, this public condemnation could have been avoided altogether...... though I do recognize a small fee would be involved.

Don't be daft. Do you think that the mother didn't want this baby?

Abortion is nothing to do with this vile crime.

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, at least the excuse wasn't to prevent the baby from having a carbon footprint :whistle:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

I'm surprised they didn't kill the mother too.

She probably was next.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Don't be daft. Do you think that the mother didn't want this baby?

Abortion is nothing to do with this vile crime.

You assume a lot to presume you know what the mother wanted, from what we know she admits "My family decided to kill my baBY" she may or may not have gone alone with it.

HAd a late term abortion been a part of this story everyone would feel much better, as it turned out they waited a few weeks too long and while the end result was the same the "perception" got darker.

We would agree it's a vile crime.... I'm just not sure if we agree for the same reasons.

William Penn

Timeline

The baby didn't ask to be conceived. Why should it be murdered in the first place? Murdering a child before it's birth or after is still murdering. Are there no such things as adoptions ?

Edited by Nagishkaw

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

You assume a lot to presume you know what the mother wanted, from what we know she admits "My family decided to kill my baBY" she may or may not have gone alone with it.

HAd a late term abortion been a part of this story everyone would feel much better, as it turned out they waited a few weeks too long and while the end result was the same the "perception" got darker.

We would agree it's a vile crime.... I'm just not sure if we agree for the same reasons.

It's the murder of a 2 day old baby. If that, to you, isn't in itself a vile crime, then I really don't know what is. :blink:

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

It's the murder of a 2 day old baby. If that, to you, isn't in itself a vile crime, then I really don't know what is. :blink:

Sure, we agree on that point, what are your feelings for that same fully formed fetus a few months prior?

If fingernails and hair don't make it a baby..... I'm not sure what would.

William Penn

That's so terrible. :(

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1