Obama 2012

34 year old gets 20 years for Raping 79 year old woman....

101 posts in this topic

Impulse control can be a symptom of mental illness but it can also be a symptom of other emotional dysfunctions. The point about it is though, that if one is able to understand how and why these types of crimes occur then one can address the causes and attempt prevention rather than seek retribution after the fact. Crime will never be eliminated, but people get so fixated on individuals that perpetrate these types of crimes as if this is the be all and end all of societal problems and as I said, if people were only interested in the cost to society, they would go hard and fast at white collar crime...but nothing is done about that type of thing at all, but yet it costs society trillions of dollars.

The reality is that the US already has the toughest punishment in the first world yet still has the highest crime rate.

It's actually quite cultural here to attempt to deal with the aftermath rather than prevent the problem.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a believer in benevolent creators but I think you have wandered into completely into unprovable territory with such a statement.

True, no direct link, anecdotal or hearsay only.

Edited by PhiLandShiR

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

The reality is that the US already has the toughest punishment in the first world yet still has the highest crime rate.

It's actually quite cultural here to attempt to deal with the aftermath rather than prevent the problem.

So very true, the US is classic in dealing with the results of the problem and not the problem.

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

True, but white collar crime is not nearly as unsetting as pools of blood on the street from a shooting nor as visceral as gun fire in the dark...

Which is why it makes for better copy. However, if one truly wants to give everyone the opportunity make living a better experience that is one neglected area to seek to improve.

That's not to say that heinous crimes should be ignored or explained away, I certainly do not advocate that at all, I just think that we should look to causes and attempt a bit more prevention.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

To blame for it?? no.

But the same process in the brain that allowed for the creation of religion, is also accessed and used when it comes to mental illness.

I am wondering what state someone's mind would be in to assume that their spouse holding a large gun is cool. Or is that just a little ####### low IQ thingy.

Edited by Ali G.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

3762933743_c93b77bcd1.jpg

there's some prevention, booyah. zero recidivism!

that's one approach ...

a few more since it did happen in tx ... why not be kind to a cottonwood tree and use methods employed by others to achieve the same result

suv ... drive over and backup (to make sure)

pickup and chains ... destination boot hill

I am wondering what state someone's mind would be in to assume that their spouse holding a large gun is cool. Or is that just a little ####### low IQ thingy.

OOoohhhhhh!!! Classic Off Topic attack response from someone who does not like what they read, but lacks the intellectual capacity to formulate a response...

:rofl:

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

wow this thread has grown since I last looked, hehe.

Seeing the usual comments from the usual people.

So to the people who are against the death penalty:

You think its better for the tax payers to pay for a roof over this guy's head & meals to fill his belly? And to think this guy will be out in 20 years? I don't care how old he'll be, he's still a danger to society!!!! How would you like to be living in his neighbourhood??? If you think rape isn't a bad enough crime to deserve the death penalty: the victim will have to live with that for the rest of their lives.

Naw, get rid of him.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Filed: Timeline

I would be happy to pay for the bullet if needed....

:no:

I'll provide the gun

I'll pull the trigger...

Rape is a disgusting and horrible crime, but it's not worthy of a death sentence.

:yes:

you're right. its worth torture

thats why i got a carton of smokes & $200 for any inmate's commissary account if they can guarantee me noone ever hears this scum fart again.

7yqZWFL.jpg

I am not a believer in benevolent creators but I think you have wandered into completely unprovable territory with such a statement.

I also believe that society as a whole has benefited from organized religion, despite the holes in the theories of belief, the overall effect of striving to see human life as something to be cherished and valued is without doubt beneficial historically.

I will respectfully disagree. IF religion was striving to see human life as something to be cherished and valued, I would agree, but as it sits now, I do not see it doing that...

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

you're right. its worth torture

thats why i got a carton of smokes & $200 for any inmate's commissary account if they can guarantee me noone ever hears this scum fart again.

Would those be filtered or unfiltered??

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You think its better for the tax payers to pay for a roof over this guy's head & meals to fill his belly? And to think this guy will be out in 20 years? I don't care how old he'll be, he's still a danger to society!!!! How would you like to be living in his neighbourhood??? If you think rape isn't a bad enough crime to deserve the death penalty: the victim will have to live with that for the rest of their lives.

Naw, get rid of him.

The question doesn't seem to be whether the death penalty is "just", but why there is a tendency for certain posters to let their emotions rule their brains.

If that weren't the case, then we would have a discussion - and not the usual round of vacuous, sadistic rants.

non filtered. i think a raspy voice & heavy labored breathing would add to the experience for him.

throw in a carton of Skoal and I might have a name for ya!! :devil:

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Naw, get rid of him.

As current law stands, there is no death penalty for rape alone so to indulge in these vengeful fantasies is at the very least stupid and at worst an expression of emotional dysfunction.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .