Obama 2012

34 year old gets 20 years for Raping 79 year old woman....

101 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not necessarily 'mental illness' but certainly emotional immaturity for the first one.

As for animals and sex, that's not exactly common and I would think that again, there is more likely to be an emotional dysfunction which does not allow for that person to relate normally to other people which may or may not be a fully fledged mental illness.

Sociological studies are often skewed by a common scientific observers personal beliefs, just like with any other psycological rule/law that comes forth in our society. Not everything is textbook.

Many people look at pedophillia as a mental disorder because the simple don't understand it. The same way that many (regardless of publicity) still look at homosexuality as a mental disorder. It's abnormal and people don't 'get' it. Hell, we still look at polygamy as a mental disorder in many cases and it's outlawed.

Sure, there are times when someone was skewed in their life by a traumatized childhood, but that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about people that are born and would otherwise seem normal in every way. - There are support groups out there for people who have sexual urges towards children. People who have never acted on them, because even they themselves view it as completely wrong. They don't believe their 'condition' is an actual condition/it's wrong per se, but they believe acting on them is. Which of course they're right. Some people don't have that 'self control' and those are the ones who might actually have more mental issues than others. Of course though, self control is not a mental idea only limited to sexual 'predators' and fits quite in well with many different people in society who are otherwise called 'sane.'

The fact of the matter is, you cannot control what excites you, what makes you feel a certain way about things. The only thing you can control is your ultimate actions on such things.

Do people who get aroused eating certain foods, seeing certain colors, smelling certain smells, do they have a mental disorder? If sight is one of your primary forms of sensory, wouldn't it make sense that seeing certain objects that move, irregardless of their age or form to have them be arousing as well?

Sometimes you have to take a step outside the box and take a look around at the world around you. As I said, not everything is textbook. Just because Person A matches symptoms XYZ or person B, doesn't mean they are the same as person A. There are many more factors to look at that our current structure and laws do not allow for.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OOoohhhhhh!!! Classic Off Topic attack response from someone who does not like what they read, but lacks the intellectual capacity to formulate a response...

:rofl:

Riiight because your comment was intellectual in nature. It would the equivalent of me insulting guys with wives from XYZ country (hint hint) and then throwing out your line when they fire an insult back.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

I will respectfully disagree. IF religion was striving to see human life as something to be cherished and valued, I would agree, but as it sits now, I do not see it doing that...

I think many religions do just that if you examine the tenets of faith as apposed to personal interpretation. Of course organized religion has been used and abused for personal gain as well. It's hard to know whether not having had it at all would have been preferable to having it. I am inclined to believe that the good that has been done in the name of religion rather outweighs the bad although that does not excuse the bad, nor does it make me inclined to believe in some power of good that hovers around looking after us if we obey the rules.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Riiight because your comment was intellectual in nature. It would the equivalent of me insulting guys with wives from XYZ country (hint hint) and then throwing out your line when they fire an insult back.

Still struggling dude, try again....

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Sociological studies are often skewed by a common scientific observers personal beliefs, just like with any other psycological rule/law that comes forth in our society. Not everything is textbook.

Many people look at pedophillia as a mental disorder because the simple don't understand it. The same way that many (regardless of publicity) still look at homosexuality as a mental disorder. It's abnormal and people don't 'get' it. Hell, we still look at polygamy as a mental disorder in many cases and it's outlawed.

Sure, there are times when someone was skewed in their life by a traumatized childhood, but that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about people that are born and would otherwise seem normal in every way. - There are support groups out there for people who have sexual urges towards children. People who have never acted on them, because even they themselves view it as completely wrong. They don't believe their 'condition' is an actual condition/it's wrong per se, but they believe acting on them is. Which of course they're right. Some people don't have that 'self control' and those are the ones who might actually have more mental issues than others. Of course though, self control is not a mental idea only limited to sexual 'predators' and fits quite in well with many different people in society who are otherwise called 'sane.'

The fact of the matter is, you cannot control what excites you, what makes you feel a certain way about things. The only thing you can control is your ultimate actions on such things.

Do people who get aroused eating certain foods, seeing certain colors, smelling certain smells, do they have a mental disorder? If sight is one of your primary forms of sensory, wouldn't it make sense that seeing certain objects that move, irregardless of their age or form to have them be arousing as well?

Sometimes you have to take a step outside the box and take a look around at the world around you. As I said, not everything is textbook. Just because Person A matches symptoms XYZ or person B, doesn't mean they are the same as person A. There are many more factors to look at that our current structure and laws do not allow for.

I don't think you understand the concepts of mental health or mental illness, or indeed the role of emotional health. It's not about the label, it's about being able to make predictions as to future behaviour based on observation of many thousands of patients exhibiting typical behaviours for a range of mental and emotional conditions. These things are not subjective at all.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

I don't think you understand the concepts of mental health or mental illness, or indeed the role of emotional health. It's not about the label, it's about being able to make predictions as to future behaviour based on observation of many thousands of patients exhibiting typical behaviours for a range of mental and emotional conditions. These things are not subjective at all.

A prediction is an overall asumption.

You can't assume anything about any person who acts a certain way. You can be cautious and observant, but trying to lump sum someone just because certain factors are there is utterly absurd.

So trying to pull in someone who has strong urges to have sex with a child, and label them as a 'precaution' completely goes against the idea of innocent until proven guilty. If you never act on those urges, then you should have nothing to worry about. Just assuming they are going to act is wrong is so many ways, no matter how 'severe' of a case one might 'think' that a person may be.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Do you get aroused by children? I detect a hint of excuse making over that type of behaviour in your post - you seem to consider that normal, and that only because you contain your reaction to that are you behaving properly but that 'bad' people are bad simply because they act upon such a normal feeling.

I hate to disabuse you, but it is not normal to find a child sexually arousing.

Edited by Madame Cleo

Timeline

Do you get aroused by children? I detect a hint of excuse making over that type of behaviour in your post - you seem to consider that normal, and that only because you contain your reaction to that are you behaving properly but that 'bad' people are bad simply because they act upon such a normal feeling.

Me? Ha no.

See, according to you and those who do not understand people, you would consider it 'abnormal' - It's also abnormal to consider someone of the same sex to be arousing, is it not? I mean after all, in a genetic sense of things, men and women should really only be attracted to one another should they not?

It's easy to label that of which we do not understand. It's a completely different thing to actually look at these people and realize how 'normal' so many of them really are other than this one discrepency.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

I think many religions do just that if you examine the tenets of faith as apposed to personal interpretation. Of course organized religion has been used and abused for personal gain as well. It's hard to know whether not having had it at all would have been preferable to having it. I am inclined to believe that the good that has been done in the name of religion rather outweighs the bad although that does not excuse the bad, nor does it make me inclined to believe in some power of good that hovers around looking after us if we obey the rules.

You may be correct but, sadly enough, personal interpretation is all we have to go on...

There have been peoples who, never having been exposed to organized religion, tended to extreme violence and others who did not. This leads me to believe that religion is not required of a people, to do good or to do evil. Its not the defining process that allows a people to make those selections. So I maintain that people, of themselves, can do good or evil, without the need to involve religion. As such, I feel its not required in order to live a life by ones self or in a community, of peace and tranquility.

In other words, right and wrong are not defined by religion. This exists of and by itself. There is no need to wrap a religion around it.

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Timeline

I guess behavioural science is just bull$hit and the opinions of people actually involved in studying these types of disorders is worthless in Paul's estimation ;)

Sociological studies, Anthropoligical studies, etc.. are still really in their infancy of theory and understanding. There are no inherent 'facts' when it comes to these sciences that study every aspect of people, because people are all so different in many ways.

As I said, it's much easier to lump sum people than to actually study the individual. We understand the differences in people and how they think when it comes to those who act 'normal' according to society, but we don't necessarily understand those who don't act 'normal' by our standards.

Hell, society and morality play a HUGE role in this sort of thing. Just think 120 years ago, you could be a 35-year-old man and marry a 14-year-old girl freely. Now days it's a sick and disgusting practice that is illegal. - Were people back then mentally ill for being attracted to a 14-year-old? Not all 14-year-olds mind you had gone thruogh puberty to look 'grown up' either. So think carefully.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Please define normal....

Please do not use terms that would use the word, or derivatives of the word, society, or social...

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Me? Ha no.

See, according to you and those who do not understand people, you would consider it 'abnormal' - It's also abnormal to consider someone of the same sex to be arousing, is it not? I mean after all, in a genetic sense of things, men and women should really only be attracted to one another should they not?

It's easy to label that of which we do not understand. It's a completely different thing to actually look at these people and realize how 'normal' so many of them really are other than this one discrepency.

Yes, it is 'abnormal' to consider one of the same sex as sexually arousing but that does not make it unacceptable. It is within normal parameters for someone who is aroused by someone of the same sex - but it is not normal for that same person to find a same sex child sexually arousing.

Edited by Madame Cleo

Yes, it is 'abnormal' to consider one of the same sex as sexually arousing. You seem to be confusing what is normal/abnormal with what is acceptable/unacceptable.

And you seem to be using circular reasoning in regards to your normal/abnormal acceptable/unacceptable logic...

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Please define normal....

Please do not use terms that would use the word, or derivatives of the word, society, or social...

Normal as in, the average person does not find an adolescent body sexually stimulating. The normal person is aroused by maturity, large muscles, large boobs, etc etc. These are well documented findings.