CdnMN

Thinking Canadian in the USA

143 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Okay I googled wiffle ball and I'm not talking about the same thing, and I can't locate a picture of what I'm talking about because..."random plastic catchy things" is not a very good search term, LOL.

I've never heard of wiffle ball, I mean I've heard the name... but never seen it played after googling.

The game I'm talking about was in gym class... they were like banana shaped cather thingys and we use to roll around on these square seat things with wheels... and use a white plastic ball with holes in it.... I wish I knew the name!

What the...... ? :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wiffle ball!!!!!

No matter how hard you hurl the wiffle ball, you still can't hurt your little brother. <_<

Which REALLY takes all the fun out of it.

LPR since 2003 and will be applying for Naturalization soon. Currently working on I-130 for my son.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

SBS1.jpg

That's totally them! But ours were solid plastic with no holes. (That's what she said).

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wiffle ball!!!!!

No matter how hard you hurl the wiffle ball, you still can't hurt your little brother. <_<

I don't know, you might be able to make a reasonable welt at point-blank range.

Now lawn darts, on the other hand... :innocent::whistle:

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok I'm totally confused now with wiffleball. The photos you are showing isn't the bat and the ball like I remember it. Wiffle ball was the ball with holes and hit it like baseball, just not with a baseball and I remember the bat is plastic. Had one as a kid actually.

The photo above with the scoops is called Scoop Ball or Scoop Hi Li. Though not played quite like Jai alai against a wall, but just thrown at each other. Nerf had a variation of this too I think...

Edited by warlord

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok I'm totally confused now with wiffleball. The photos you are showing isn't the bat and the ball like I remember it. Wiffle ball was the ball with holes and hit it like baseball, just not with a baseball and I remember the bat is plastic. Had one as a kid actually.

The photo above with the scoops is called Scoop Ball or Scoop Hi Li...

That wasn't wiffle ball, I was showing sapphire what she was talking about.. :lol:

batball.jpg

Wiffle ball.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:

OMG, lawn darts. Does anyone else remember all those stories of people being impaled by them? :o

We had the most badass set of lawn darts. I'm sure parents these days would be horried by them now. They were these heavy sharp metal ones. My brother and I are lucky to have all of our fingers, toes and eyeballs!

I love to think about how unsafe all of things we played with where. Our metal swingset was a definite accident waiting to happen! Kids are so much better off these days!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

We had the most badass set of lawn darts. I'm sure parents these days would be horried by them now. They were these heavy sharp metal ones. My brother and I are lucky to have all of our fingers, toes and eyeballs!

I love to think about how unsafe all of things we played with where. Our metal swingset was a definite accident waiting to happen! Kids are so much better off these days!

The backyard metal swing sets that were never properly stuck in the ground... so with each swing the whole thing would come out and feel like it could topple over. :lol:

One time I went to a birthday and they had the slip and slide go across their driveway... from one part of grass to another... over their driveway... idiots.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

That wasn't wiffle ball, I was showing sapphire what she was talking about.. :lol:

batball.jpg

Wiffle ball.

Wiffle Ball is just plain AWESOME!!!! They actually have adult leagues here in L.A. for wiffle ball, and even kickball. I used to actually play in a Bar sponsored league for wiffle ball. Hella fun. :rofl:

BEWARE of Americans who know the metric system well. They are either drug addicts, or scientists. :lol: I was a chemical engineering major at university my first year and a half, thats my excuse. I find it easier to just talk in terms of celcius rather than farenheit than it is for my wife to do the opposite.

When my wife first moved down here 13 months ago, I tried to get as many foods and things that she knew, that she would be comfortable with. My whole family did. But I quickly learned, that even if we have the identical product that she had in Canada, it was still different. So we reverted back to what we normally got. She likes trying new things. When we go to the market, my wife is like a kid in the candy store. :lol:

Timeline

Yea my husband and I are trying to get a dodge ball team together, we need 9 people... we have 4 so far... any takers? tongue.gif

Nothing like whipping balls at people for a good time.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.