Bertls Engelchen

I-693 - To submit or not submit?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Ok, I thought I'd get my answer by going through the forums, but "information overload" is confusing me more and I so I decided to just post my question. :blink:

My husband (beneficiary) just received his AOS interview confirmation in the mail yesterday (coming up on 5/17). We went through the check list of what to bring and one of them is the I-693. Is that just standard to be on the checklist? Since his medical exam & vaccination were processed part of his visa process in Germany and less than a year old, we thought it is not necessary to submit the i-693? My husband turned in the sealed brown envelope at POE in San Francisco and received no other paperwork from the Civil Surgeon in Germany - only a CD, which contains his X-rays.

So my questions are:

1) Should he seek out a local civil surgeon to have his vaccination information transcribed to the i-693? We're a bit worried about this, as we hear horror stories of these doctors trying to make you do another complete physcial and charging you $$$ for it.

2) Since he has no tangible proof except for the X-Rays on a CD, is there anything else that he can bring/provide to the interview to satisfy this check mark?

Any help will be greatly appreciated! We want to be approved on the day of the interview and would hate for an RFE to come back and delay things.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I have the same question and the local civil surgeon wants $900 dollars for the service

$900??? That's just insane! Well, I got some good news for you! After getting no response to my post, I have e-mailed a few couples in the SF Bay Area directly who had passed the AOS interview process. One poor guy called 50 doctors from the list and all of them required the medical exam for big bucks (your quote though beats them all!!).

Well, I got lucky, because one couple was able to refer me to a doctor in San Jose who's willing to transcribe your vaccination information for just $15!! I just called them to verify and it's for real! I'm sure you're still 'looking', so I figured I let you know. Here's their contact:

Gomez, Albert A MD - Meridian Medical Group

1644 Alum Rock Ave,

San Jose, CA 95116

Phone: (408) 729-5800

Ask for doing the i-693 SUPPLEMENT only and they'll know right away what to do. I spoke with Tina who was really nice. Even for a full physcial, they charge only $150.

Wish you the best of luck,

Silvia

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

If you have an interview then you don't need the I-693. IF you needed it they would have sent you an RFE for it.

It is standard on the list and it should also say "unless already submitted". Obviously you didn't submit one (from your post) but you DID give them medical info in the form of the K1 medical. Worry not. You don't need it.

In the event you DO need it, during the interview they will ask you for it and then they will RFE you for it. Then your card will be sent (if you're approved) AFTER you've sent in the medical. It's highly unusual for them to do that though once you've reached the interview stage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.