w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

She's 14 and stupid, leave her alone!

83 posts in this topic

LOL, all people are inherently different.

Some people are bothered by some things, others are not. It's matter of strong mind and strong wills versus the weak.

There's discrimination in every day life whether anyone likes it or not. Some of it visible, some of it invisible, but it's all there. It just depends on how you take it and if you feel it's really worth the time and effort to do something about it.

This is very true.

But to make the statement "Individual racism/bias/prejudice are not harmful." goes much beyond this...

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your inability to see a fact, when it hits you in the face, does not bode well for you...

Calling Racism and Prejudice harmful on an individual basis is very erronous and very generalized. It's harmful to SOME, but it's arguable in the ways it's harmful to them.

Most could give two shits really about any of it.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Calling Racism and Prejudice harmful on an individual basis is very erronous and very generalized. It's harmful to SOME, but it's arguable in the ways it's harmful to them.

Ahhh... WRONG!!

Most could give two shits really about any of it.

Once again... WRONG!!

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: Timeline

So... you are saying that slander is not an excuse??

Where's the slander? Since you're being technical, where is it? She didn't say 'all blacks are xyz'

I am NOT defending this girl's actions, don't agree with them, and I happen to think she's an ignorant azz, but at the end of the day, she's 14.

Timeline

Ahhh... WRONG!!

Once again... WRONG!!

lol, you can say it's WRONG!! in big letters all you want, that doesn't make you right.

Please understand "individual" versus "societal" in this scenario. I really think you are confusing the two.

Joe Blow spouting off racial remarks is hardly harmful to most people.

Figuring the majority of society isn't racist overall, a few individuals is hardly harmful to the herd. Those are are harmed are miniscule compared to the ones who just laugh the silliness off.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Timeline

I see what Paul is trying to say (I think)...to say 'it's harmful' is a subjective opinion that can not really be qualified as FACT. I think we're kinda splitting hairs a bit, but the point is still valid.

Undertones are much worse.

And tones are just the worst of the bunch.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

lol, you can say it's WRONG!! in big letters all you want, that doesn't make you right.

Please understand "individual" versus "societal" in this scenario. I really think you are confusing the two.

Figuring the majority of society isn't racist overall, a few individuals is hardly harmful to the herd. Those are are harmed are miniscule compared to the ones who just laugh the silliness off.

This would only be true if you were talking about non-contageous diseases. But opinions can be quite contageous and lead to far worse things than individual opinions.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

There's a lot more to what you're saying. An individual is a product of his/her society, and of course in all societies there are 'rebels' so to speak, but within societies there are communities of people who share the same beliefs - and since racism is a learned behavior (we aren't born with racial preferences) - it leads many to believe that individual racism and societal racism are interlinked and intertwined. This is why in certain parts of the US, we see more racism than in others and vice versa.

I studied a lot about race and ethnicity in college as my thesis for my minor concentration was essentially about racism in Latin America, specifically in Peru - and the poor treatment of the Indigenous population as well as the importation of African slaves to the region.

So basically what may appear to be one loony shouting over an intercom at a store - is actually part of a much bigger, more accepted learned practice of racism and that's really what makes it disturbing to many.

I still don't agree that suing for 'damages' in the form of money is going to do anything about it. It actually causes more resentment and bitterness and doesn't work to change anything.

Anyone interested in learning about racism should try to catch this documentary it's amazing. http://www.pbs.org/race/000_General/000_00-Home.htm

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Timeline

There's a lot more to what you're saying. An individual is a product of his/her society, and of course in all societies there are 'rebels' so to speak, but within societies there are communities of people who share the same beliefs - and since racism is a learned behavior (we aren't born with racial preferences) - it leads many to believe that individual racism and societal racism are interlinked and intertwined. This is why in certain parts of the US, we see more racism than in others and vice versa.

I studied a lot about race and ethnicity in college as my thesis for my minor concentration was essentially about racism in Latin America, specifically in Peru - and the poor treatment of the Indigenous population as well as the importation of African slaves to the region.

So basically what may appear to be one loony shouting over an intercom at a store - is actually part of a much bigger, more accepted learned practice of racism and that's really what makes it disturbing to many.

It's all inescapable though no matter how you look at it.

It's not always a 'learned' behavior from others/society though either. There are plenty of times when one's own experiences with people of a certain race give them a stereotype in their mindset.

Hell, in my experiences growing up I should technically think all black people are idiots from what I dealt with. I know better and don't react the way to things like some people do.

Racism and prejudice will always exist. The problem isn't from the moronic groups like the KKK out there and other individuals, the problems come on actions by government that limit the freedoms/rights of certain groups based on whatever prejudicial item you so choose to nitpick.

More times than not people get too hung up on a few morons out there though spouting bullshit rather than looking at the fact that those morons are truly irrelevant.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

Racism may always exist, but we should always strive to eliminate it.

It's a pipe dream unless science can kill the DNA/brain cells/whatever that causes it. Even then though you'd have separate 'classes' of people based on genetics.

It's never doing away and will only evolve no matter what you may do to it.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Spouting a general opinion as a FACT doesn't make it a fact.

Tell the law makers of this land that their opion of injustice is not valid.

What do you think YOUR President would Say? :)

Edited by RMHurd

I feel Good...........like the moon is shining just for me!

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

Eligible in November 2012

Timeline

Tell the law makers of this land that their opion of injustice is not valid.

What do you think YOUR President would Say? :)

Are you seriously going on the notion that some lawmakers declare something as such then it's an inherent fact from that point forward?

Oh man we're in trouble.....

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Are you seriously going on the notion that some lawmakers declare something as such then it's an inherent fact from that point forward?

Oh man we're in trouble.....

The history of the strugles of the people in this country makes it a fact.

You can't take the situation in isolation and then judge the reaction. There reaction is packed full of history. If the courts are the only way to address the discrimination, then so be it.

I feel Good...........like the moon is shining just for me!

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

Eligible in November 2012