StarA

Migrating family....... need some little advise :(

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Limited Family-Based Immigrants

These types of immigrant classifications involve specific, more distant, family relationships with a U.S. citizen and some specified relationships with a Lawful Permanent Resident. Under immigration law, there are fiscal year numerical limitations on family preference immigrants as explained below.

* Family First Preference (F1): Unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, and their children, if any. (23,400)

* Family Second Preference (F2): Spouses, minor children, and unmarried sons and daughters (over age 20) of lawful permanent residents. (114,200) At least seventy-seven percent of all visas available for this category will go to the spouses and children; the remainder will be allocated to unmarried sons and daughters.

* Family Third Preference (F3): Married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and children. (23,400)

* Family Fourth Preference (F4): Brothers and sisters of United States citizens, and their spouses and children, provided the U.S. citizens are at least 21 years of age. (65,000)

When you receive your citizenship

You can apply for parents and obtain an immediate visa number (it still takes months to file the paperwork and obtain the visa).

For you as a USC your siblings fall into category F-4 (brother/sister of USC)in waiting for a visa number. The current wait time for category F-4 is about 10 years.

If your siblings are not married your parents can file for them when they receive their green card as category F2 with a wait time of about 4 years.

If the siblings are married you must either file for them after you become a USC or your parents can file for them when they become USC (category F3, wait time about nine years).

Q1 No idea how they got here so fast.

Q2 It is not 18,000 per immigrant, it is a scale based upon the number of people in the household and how many people you are immigrating.

2. 2009 Poverty Guidelines for the 48 Contiguous States and the District of Columbia:

Size of Family Unit Poverty Guidelines 125% of Poverty Guidelines

1 $10,830 $13,538

2 14,570 18,213

3 18,310 22,888

4 22,050 27,563

5 25,790 32,238

6 29,530 36,913

7 33,270 41,588

8 37,010 46,263

So for example it is you and your spouse and you are bringing your parents (two people) that would make a total of four. The sponsor must have an income of 27,563.

Q3. They cannot come to the US to wait for an immigrant visa. They may come to visit while complying with the terms of their visa/VWP.

Again keep in mind that things can change. The poverty guidelines I provided are for 2009, they change every year. The wait times change monthly. And immigration reform can happen at any time.

Filed: Other Timeline

aleful:

well thing is my wife´s HALF brother (same mother), his mother sent the application. after 1 year he, his wife, and 2 children got here, legally. but since it was 5 years ago..maybe it was different then. but i did dubbel check 5 minutes ago..the timeline is correct. it was from costa rica though not el salvador. she petition for them as a group, and my wife (also USC) petition for the affidavit of support though. And the whole family got here in a 1 year. i swear I just called and trippel checked :S

belinda63:

I hear u...u wrote though IF me and my spouse bringing my parents...u mean both me AND her must make at least $ 27.563 / per TOGETHER? merci for ya help btw...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

aleful:

well thing is my wife´s HALF brother (same mother), his mother sent the application. after 1 year he, his wife, and 2 children got here, legally. but since it was 5 years ago..maybe it was different then. but i did dubbel check 5 minutes ago..the timeline is correct. it was from costa rica though not el salvador. she petition for them as a group, and my wife (also USC) petition for the affidavit of support though. And the whole family got here in a 1 year. i swear I just called and trippel checked :S

belinda63:

I hear u...u wrote though IF me and my spouse bringing my parents...u mean both me AND her must make at least $ 27.563 / per TOGETHER? merci for ya help btw...

I really cannot say how they did that, but the timeline hasn't changed a bit. I'm a single child of a USC over 21. My mom filed for me in 1999, it took me 5 1/2 years to get my GC. Could you get the date that the i130 was filed and when it was approved? What was their priority date?

Q2 you count her salary depending if she is a USC or LPR, but you have to count her anyway as part of your household size.

LPR?

Na she's a citizen.. How much do we have to make a year all together to bring my parent, and how much would I have to make my self alone if I only did the affidavit of support thingy while living with my wife?

By the way, is it possible u think to petition for All of them, but forge affidavit of support only for mom and dad, and wait years when economy is better to do the affidavit of support or the rest of the family? Since siblings takes yeeaaarrs to come? :/

LPR?

Na she's a citizen.. How much do we have to make a year all together to bring my parent, and how much would I have to make my self alone if I only did the affidavit of support thingy while living with my wife?

By the way, is it possible u think to petition for All of them, but forge affidavit of support only for mom and dad, and wait years when economy is better to do the affidavit of support or the rest of the family? Since siblings takes yeeaaarrs to come? :/

Well for starters, AOS doesn't come into play UNTIL the petition is approved and in NVC - for parents - in 6 months, for siblings later.

Go to uscis.gov under Forms you can find current poverty guidelines - look up info for household of 4 (you, your wife, and your parents).

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Well for starters, AOS doesn't come into play UNTIL the petition is approved and in NVC - for parents - in 6 months, for siblings later.

Go to uscis.gov under Forms you can find current poverty guidelines - look up info for household of 4 (you, your wife, and your parents).

Helu...

well the first sentence u wrote..............

didn't understand anything hehe..

im pretty quicker understanding things usually...all these terms and timeline confuses the ####### outa ya...well english bein my third language too as well i guess..

belinda63 wrote it very easy..despite of that im still not so sure..i doubt uscis will have it EEEEVEN more plain and simple ..so that wouldnt even be anything for me..nothing i read from their website or forms have made sense...visajourney though put it all out there a loooot easier...

BUT..im gonna get of ya back and make it a looot easier for some last quick questions.

belinda wrote:

Size of Family Unit Poverty Guidelines 125% of Poverty Guidelines

1 $10,830 $13,538

2 14,570 18,213

3 18,310 22,888

4 22,050 27,563

Q1: 4 people. my my wife an.......WAIT a minute..when they move here their not even gonna stay at our house. plan is for them to have their own...

doesn that change everything a loooooot????? cause if i petition my parents and siblings (in 3 years my sister and 1 brother most likely married),

NO one of them are going to stay at our house ofcource. so, therefor the guideline of ..ya know the thing above ..how many people livin in the house..doesnt apply, right? my god im just confusing my self even more

Q2: When I petition for all of them when being a citizen, from that that, usually, they will come to us in a year but HOW long does it take for them to become Us citizen from the day i start the whole thing? cause im thinking MAYBE its easier for me to petition my parents, and let them petition my sib..or wait no my parents cant petition their children if any are married. right? ok but question still remain ..how long usually it takes for parents to become citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Even if they never live with you, you are the sponsor. You are obligated in certain ways as stated on the I-864 Therefore when calculating the income required it is for everyone in your household (yourself, spouse, any children, etc) plus all the immigrants you sponsor. If you have already sponsored your parents then later sponsor a sibling you must have the income to cover ALL of them even if they do not live with you.

Normally it takes 5 years after receiving your green card to apply for citizenship.

Even if they never live with you, you are the sponsor. You are obligated in certain ways as stated on the I-864 Therefore when calculating the income required it is for everyone in your household (yourself, spouse, any children, etc) plus all the immigrants you sponsor. If you have already sponsored your parents then later sponsor a sibling you must have the income to cover ALL of them even if they do not live with you.

Normally it takes 5 years after receiving your green card to apply for citizenship.

aaaaaah now This makes sense...ok in that way..fastest way would really be now without a doubt if i petition for all of them at once.

dastet dard nakone.................!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.