JohnSmith2007

66% Say America Is Overtaxed

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

You're joking right? I would suggest you do a little research before spouting ####### like that out here.

We also lead the nation in Cattle, Cotton, sheep, goats, Cereal Grains, and are up at the top on many other agriculteral parts as well.

That's not to mention we have the world's largest medical research facility.

You can joke about Texas all you want, but we are much more diverse in many ways than people want to give us credit for. Pure ignorance I suppose it to blame for this.

Agriculture and oil? And you're saying Texas is a diverse state? Seems like the stereotype we've all heard about for years. :hehe:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Agriculture and oil? And you're saying Texas is a diverse state? Seems like the stereotype we've all heard about for years. :hehe:

Well, not to mention the corporate empire that sits here, not to mention we lead the nation in wind power by a mile. Not to mention that our cost of living despite our size remains relatively lower than the rest of the nation.

We are the largest exporter of goods in the United States,

Don't forget the IT industry we have in this state as well (ever heard of Dell or Texas Instruments?)....

Our economic diversity blows most places out of the water, yet you would rather stick to the stereotypes.

So you tell me, what's better then?

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

Well, not to mention the corporate empire that sits here, not to mention we lead the nation in wind power by a mile. Not to mention that our cost of living despite our size remains relatively lower than the rest of the nation.

We are the largest exporter of goods in the United States,

Don't forget the IT industry we have in this state as well (ever heard of Dell or Texas Instruments?)....

Our economic diversity blows most places out of the water, yet you would rather stick to the stereotypes.

So you tell me, what's better then?

Look at the raw export data. A vast majority of the exports are oil, natural gas, and equipment used in the extraction, processing and transport of it. Dell may have it's corporate headquarters in Texas, but where do they assemble the computers? Where are the call centers? Not texas.

At the end of the day though, it's still Texas, and I don't ever want to live there again. You can paint and polish a #######, but it's still a #######.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So why are you in NYC city then?

Not for the superior infrastructure, that's for sure.

Why not walk the libertarian talk and move there rather than stay in the Über high taxing and Über leftwing NYC?

I might, if things get really bad.

Nevertheless, what sort of jobs did they create?

No idea, but 50% of all jobs created in the US is telling.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Look at the raw export data. A vast majority of the exports are oil, natural gas, and equipment used in the extraction, processing and transport of it. Dell may have it's corporate headquarters in Texas, but where do they assemble the computers? Where are the call centers? Not texas.

At the end of the day though, it's still Texas, and I don't ever want to live there again. You can paint and polish a #######, but it's still a #######.

That's ok. You keep enjoying the higher tax rates, higher cost of living, etc. out there in California that has nothing better to offer in return than Texas does. The only thing I can give you are the Pacific beaches.. Beyond that, nada.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

That's ok. You keep enjoying the higher tax rates, higher cost of living, etc. out there in California that has nothing better to offer in return than Texas does. The only thing I can give you are the Pacific beaches.. Beyond that, nada.

A lot of things go into where people choose to live, jobs is only a single factor and it holds different weight to diffrent people. If you want to be with the best in the finance world, New York is the place to be. For internet companies, its all about San Francisco.

Are these companies going to migrate to Texas solely on lower taxes? Probably not, talent is important, and its valuable to be where the talent is.

What kinds of companies might move to Texas? Companies like manufacturing where training can be done on the job.

keTiiDCjGVo

My cousin worked for a US company based out of Texas and eventually quit because of it. He got sick of flying to Texas, in particular using a shoddy Texan based airline known as American Airlines. Interestingly enough, he really enjoyed his layover in LA.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

Timeline

My cousin worked for a US company based out of Texas and eventually quit because of it. He got sick of flying to Texas, in particular using a shoddy Texan based airline known as American Airlines. Interestingly enough, he really enjoyed his layover in LA.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat is this? Booyah not completely slagging off L.A.? Where is the real B.Y.? :rofl:

Texas isn't that bad, well Austin is nice.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat is this? Booyah not completely slagging off L.A.? Where is the real B.Y.? :rofl:

Texas isn't that bad, well Austin is nice.

I spent a bit of time in Beverly Hills myself the other week and was quite impressed. I have visited some areas but never really spent much time around that particular area. There are sections of LA that look like you are in Melbourne or Sydney. The way property prices are going in Melbourne or Sydney, I could sell a place or two and buy up in BH.

Edited by Ali G.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

If the company I worked for let me transfer to LA, I would do it. At least prior to moving back to AUS.