276 posts in this topic

You just filed in 2010! be happy you are even processed!

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm so terribly sorry, you are attempting to hijaak this topic with an unrelated question.

I strongly suggest you start yer own own topic in a K-1 forum, and stay OUT of the CR-1 forum.

in the meantime - K-1 petitions are totally different, when it comes to NVC processing. Suggest you have the USC person contact NVC via telephone, get a Human, and GET the NVC casefile number , also inquire for 'when it left NVC'. Then call DOS Hotline, get a Human, and inquire for casefile status using the NVC casefile number.

In the future, please - do NOT hijaak other topics with unrelated questions. This Visa Stuff is serious, and you've just created a medium sized faux paux.

Wow there is no need to be rude. I'm only human and made a mistake and posted on this forum. And yes I do understand that this visa stuff is serious and im taking it seriously. I"m not attempting to hijaack this topic either. All you had to say is go to a different forum and post on that side. People like me are new and need as much help as possible, no unnecessary comments like these. But thanks for the info though, next time I will go to the right forum.

01-28-10 : Sent I-129F

01-29-10 : Received at CSC signed by L. Fairbank

02-01-10 : NOA1

02-02-10 : Check was Cashed

02-02-10 : TOUCHED on USCIS website

02-06-10 : NOA1 HardCopy in the Mail

03-04-10 : TOUCHED

03-04-10 : NOA2 PETITION APPROVED

03-05-10 : Text Message & E-mail (wow that was quick, thank you Jesus) :) 31 days

03-05-10 : TOUCHED on USCIS website

03-08-10 : TOUCHED on USCIS website

03-08-10 : NOA2 HardCopy received

04-09-10 : TOUCHED again on USCIS website (Pls let them mail it out to NVC) 1 mth & 5 days NVC still does not have it :(

04-16-10 : E-mail from NVC that my approved petition is still at California Service Center :( (mail it already pls!!!)

04-19-10 : TOUCHED on USCIS website & called USCIS, they said its "AMENDED"

04-20-10 : TOUCHED on USCIS website (Dammit send it already)

04-21-10 : Got an e-mail from Congressman saying that USCIS mailed my petition to NVC (finally)

04-23-10 : Received "amended" NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

04-23-10 : NVC received

04-26-10 : Got MNL case # and petition left NVC to Manila Embassy

04-29-10 : Received by Consulate

05-04-10 : Medical Day 1

05-05-10 : Medical Day 2(PASSED)

05-26-10 : INTERVIEW DATE MAY 26, 2010

08-26-10 : WEDDING DAY, WE ARE NOW MR & MRS. STEPHEN AGUILAR PADUA

09-11-10 : MAILED AOS/EAD PAPERWORK

09-13-10 : RECEIVED AT CHICAGO OFFICE

09-20-10 : NOTICE DATE

09-23-10 : RECEIVED HARD COPY IN THE MAIL

01-07-11: INTERVIEW FOR GREEN CARD

01-14-11: APPROVAL OF GREEN CARD RECEIVED

01-15-11: RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

since you have GUZ # - yer WIFE should send in the OPT IN Email Now.

Prior to that 'other stuff' that you listed.

The OPT IN /DS-3032 'process' runs in parallel, not serial.

YOU DID WANT SOME SPEED, yes?

Do the DS-3032 NOW, err - SHE does the DS-3032/OPT IN - NOW.

FWIW - you can PAY with the GUZ # - but -

DO NOT SEND IN the 'sets' (I-864, DS-230 ) until the casefile has been converted at NVC (meaning a GZO number has been issued). Once it's converted and you have GZO #, send in via email those sets. There might be small confusion if the conversion happens between 'AOS paid' and 'IV fee bill ready to be paid' if the casefile is converted BETWEEN those two time ticks - and thats OK - simply log in to the portal with the GZO number instead of the GUZ number. IIRC, the IIN doesn't change, at all.

Good Luck !

Hey Darnell:

Do you know if the P3 Supplement Form should have the GUZ or the new GZO number as the case number?

Dan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Dan - it should have the GZO # on it. In fact, the other forms should have the GZO # on it, as well. (I think I missed that, writing on the wiki.. grrrr )

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Dan - it should have the GZO # on it. In fact, the other forms should have the GZO # on it, as well. (I think I missed that, writing on the wiki.. grrrr )

Thanks Again... I guess I'll have to redo those Forms when I get the GZO Number.. Thank Goodness I have a color scanner in home.. Response for another comment on this thread: As far as why my petition was done in the time frame it was done in.... You need to ask the USCIS this question, but I can tell you that sitting idle does not always help.

Dan

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Beneficiary: Get NVC# + receive DS3032 + send DS3032 + DS3032 accepted + IV fee bill available to be paid + pay & wait to show paid + print IV cover sheet + mail DS230 package with all original/certified documents

= wait for case complete + wait for interview to be scheduled.

Okay, I have to ask...

The part bolded and underlined above, that's a package that NVC sends to the foreign born spouse after I pay the AOS fee (which I've already done online), yes?

Also, from the look of how you typed it, it *almost* looks like it can be done all at once, but that doesn't seem right.

Can I assume that each item between the "+" symbols are all separate steps that actually happen spread out over time?

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Mike

Relationship Timeline:

07/19/2003 - Met here in the US and just clicked

05/2004 through 08/2009 - many trips back and forth by both of us, phone calls, care packages, etc.

02/14/2008 - Engaged (she was here in the US for Valentines Day so I figured make it official :))

11/21/2009 - Married with a few friends and some family in attendence.

CR1 Timeline:

01/12/2010 - I-130 Packet Sent

<interviening stuff deleted as signature is finite in length>

08/30/2010 - Interview completed, visa granted.

08/31/2010 - Visa in hand!

09/07/2010 - Arriving Seattle.

09/17/2010 - Received SSN.

10/01/2010 - Received green card.

Removal of Conditions:

06/06/2012 - Mailed I-751

06/12/2012 - Got back I-751 as "too early"

06/13/2012 - Re-mailed I-751

06/18/2012 - NOA1

07/13/2012 - Biometrics Appointment letter received (scheduled for 08/06/2012)

08/06/2012 - Biometrics completed.

Timeline

hey Mike - it's a math thing. each plus sign seperates a step.

But - specifically on the DS-3032 - the beneficiary has to 'get it', somehow.

PPL that want speed will either:

download the form, fill it out, mail it in to NVC or

email an ascii template thingie into NVC.

specifically on yer question - NO - NVC will not 'mail' that to the beneficiary AFTER the AOS fee bill is paid. But - if they do not have an DS-3032 after several months, they WILL send one out to the beneficiary, via postal mail. MOST PPL download the form, and use it, without waiting to be 'mailed' something.

Last month, I could say that a DS-3032 kit would be sent out, after that first convo with an NVC Human - see http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467 for those steps. Currently, that process on the DS-3032 kit is in flux - there's been some change at NVC, plus a slowdown.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Leaving to see the wife on Friday. As you know, no way I can really call the NVC while in China, would be nice though.

Actually there may be a way assuming your wife has internet access.

I did a quick check online and the Magic Jack appears to work in China according to what I found, so go down to your local big box electronics shop (best buy, or whatever's near you), activate it and bring your laptop computer and a cheap telephone to plug into it.

Once you've done that you can connect your notebook computer to the internet, plug in the Majic Jack and make "local to the US" calls.

If your wife has a computer in China with broadband (something above 128kbps) internet access, you can leave it with her (bring the installation CD if there is one), and then call each other to your heart's content.

My wife is in Japan and we have Vonage (same concept, it's an VOIP phone). A call to Hiroshima is simply dialing a Bothell, WA phone number. When she comes here, the Vonage phone will go to her parents and both of her daughters will get Majic Jacks (they're in college now).

If your wife's family has internet access and a computer, you could simply give the Magic Jack to them so they can be in touch without the high telephone bill costs.

Hope this helps!

Mike

Relationship Timeline:

05/2004 through 08/2009 - many trips back and forth by both of us, phone calls, care packages, etc.

02/14/2008 - Engaged (she was here in the US for Valentines Day so I figured make it official :))

CR1 Timeline:

Removal of Conditions:

06/18/2012 - NOA1

Timeline

hey Mike - it's a math thing. each plus sign seperates a step.

Thanks!

specifically on yer question - NO - NVC will not 'mail' that to the beneficiary AFTER the AOS fee bill is paid.

Good Luck !

That's interesting because the letter I received from the NVC says "when there is an immediate visa available or likely to be available within the next nine months, NVC will send a letter enclosing the Choice of Agent and Address Form (DS-3032) to all of the applications with a few exceptions." and then goes on to say if we have an atty, the atty will get it, or if the beneficiary is an adopted child.

Further on down it says that I can send her the form (or she can download it) if she doesn't eventually recieve one. Does this mean I can shortcut the process and have her download the form, fill it out, print it and send it in immediately?

Thanks!

Mike

Relationship Timeline:

CR1 Timeline:

Removal of Conditions:

06/18/2012 - NOA1

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

The DS 3032/ AOS link comes in the same email. At least it did for us and a bunch of other folks.

You pay the $70.

The beneficiary replies to the DS3032 via email using the VJ template.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline

The DS 3032/ AOS link comes in the same email. At least it did for us and a bunch of other folks.

You pay the $70.

The beneficiary replies to the DS3032 via email using the VJ template.

I hope I get this email with our Invoice ID Before I leave to see my wife. I guess I'll just gkeep checking. About 72 hours? If not, should I Call again?

Dan

Seattle

Timeline

Thanks!

That's interesting because the letter I received from the NVC says "when there is an immediate visa available or likely to be available within the next nine months, NVC will send a letter enclosing the Choice of Agent and Address Form (DS-3032) to all of the applications with a few exceptions." and then goes on to say if we have an atty, the atty will get it, or if the beneficiary is an adopted child.

Further on down it says that I can send her the form (or she can download it) if she doesn't eventually recieve one. Does this mean I can shortcut the process and have her download the form, fill it out, print it and send it in immediately?

Thanks!

Mike

You have a letter from the NVC? A Postal Letter? Oh My - you are in 'slow-mode' if you have a letter from the NVC. Yer not trying to bait me, right?

If you had some problem with my reply, to you, earlier, I'll ask that you go back to it, read it again, and go forth.

Good Luck !

Timeline

I hope I get this email with our Invoice ID Before I leave to see my wife. I guess I'll just gkeep checking. About 72 hours? If not, should I Call again?

Dan

Seattle

Yup - ask for 'AOS Fee Bill' .

Yer wife handle the OPT IN overnight? Happy Wednesday !

Timeline

You have a letter from the NVC? A Postal Letter? Oh My - you are in 'slow-mode' if you have a letter from the NVC. Yer not trying to bait me, right?

I'm not baiting you, I actually got a letter from NVC. And yesterday, Wednesday for her in Japan, Seiko got her copy of the DS-3032 with the barcode pre-printed at the top, so she'll be mailing it to the NVC tomorrow (her Thursday).

Not sure what "slow-mode" means, do you mean "not electronic processing"? If so then, yes we're in "slow mode" because Japan isn't on the list of locations that are participating in the "electronic processing" pilot program. Wish that they were, it would make things much easier.

:)

Thanks!

Mike

Relationship Timeline:

CR1 Timeline:

Removal of Conditions:

06/18/2012 - NOA1

Timeline

Mike - no - for 'slow mode' -

I mean -

one is WAITING on NVC to SEND THINGS to them.

Most ppl want speed, so instead of WAITING, they get pro-active and PUSH documents into NVC,based on certain time-ticks.

Have you reviewed LingChe's ShortCuts, at all ? You might want to take a look, at this point.

My comments to you have nothing to do with NVC Electronic Processing.

Edited by Darnell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.