276 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

DJ - these are labels.

EP NVC - Electronic Processing @ NVC

non-EP NVC - paper filers at NVC - the majority of members here at VJ with I-130 petitions in play.

non EP NVC noob - a newbie. One who just left the pain and suffering of USCIS processing, and is edging up to the start line at NVC. Will be handling all via paper and postal submittal to NVC, hopefully after monitoring the online payment portal.

SachinKy has a good form and format for 'the steps' - but is non-EP specific for NVC. I was 'dinging' her, here, as there is huge propensity that you will NOT be a 'non-EP NVC noob' soonish, but instead, soonish, you'll be an 'EP NVC noob'

I've written a wiki page to handle NVC Electronic Processing Issues, Steps, and Concerns over at

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing

If you have any questions about the steps, feel free to post them over at

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/244011-nvc-electronic-processing-for-i-130-petitions/page__p__3746853__fromsearch__1entry3746853

and I'll follow up soonish (I swear ! )

We'll in that case I WILL Be Filling via the Electronic Process. I need to have our process streamlined as much as possible. Trying to get the wife here before her 8th month of pregnancy. If she has to give birth is China, my life just got a lot more complicated. :wacko: Seeing that having a baby is complicated enough, especially since it is my first, ever !!! So I guess I am a

EP NVC Noob.. :thumbs:

Dan

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey Dan - for now -

you need that GUZ #. It's on the AVR - WHEN NVC is ready to start processing as a non-EP case (that's the first assumption, always, don't sweat this) .

So - keep calling the NVC AVR thingie, and ON THE DAY you have a GUZ casenumber, call back to NVC, get a Human, and with luck you'll get at least an AOS fee bill emailed to you as part of the 'DS-3032 kit' . Once you have that fee bill, you can rock and roll with the EP world.

For now, though , have yer wife fill out that DS-3032 listed in the wiki, and get prepped to make an OPT IN email (you can help her with that, all that you need (more) is the GUZ casefile # )

For THAT DS-3032, it's -

fill it in with some acrobat reader program

print it out

sign in

rescan it back in, convert to PDF

re: streamlining - OH MY ! If Only there was such a thing ! I swear to God, on each step of NVC Proccessing, it feels like one is circling the flush hole of an ancient toilet, waiting for things, swirling around in constant motion. Grrrr.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Whoops, I forgot to notice that the OP is eligible for EP.

Listen to Darnell. :thumbs:

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline

Question:

While reading the Department of State "Check list" web page, it says to:

• Complete Using all Capital Letters: Is this True?
  • To Staple all forms together? Necessary ?

What did you do?

Oh just called the NVC Voice System, still nothing :blink: I guess I will be dialing for donuts. How far does the rabbit hole really go? :hehe:

Dan

Edited by Djwalker60

Timeline

Question:

While reading the Department of State "Check list" web page, it says to:

• Complete Using all Capital Letters: Is this True?
  • To Staple all forms together? Necessary ?

What did you do?

Oh just called the NVC Voice System, still nothing :blink: I guess I will be dialing for donuts. How far does the rabbit hole really go? :hehe:

Dan

There are no staples to be used for NVC Electronic Processing. ;)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

How do you "Register to view the new invoices/payment receipts" ??? The more I read.. :wacko: my brain begins to melt.. :bonk:

Back at the online payment portal - when you 'get there' for the first time, because you've received the AOS fee bill via email -

you enter the GUZ casefile # and the IIN (Invoice ID Number)

The IIN is IN the emailed AOS fee bill, which is part of the 'DS-3032 kit' that you'll receive, via email - sometime, soonish.

Whenever you get the GUZ Casefile # from the AVR, call the NVC Hotline, get a Human, then tell them you are ready to start NVC Processing (note I did NOT say EP here). They will confirm yer identity, and gather yer email address and yer wife's email address, then you'll be sent a 'DS-3032 kit' via email.

I've some detailed info on 'that', here -> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467

Good Luck !

ps - SHE can send the OPT IN Email the same day that you receive the GUZ Casefile number, btw.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

Back at the online payment portal - when you 'get there' for the first time, because you've received the AOS fee bill via email -

you enter the GUZ casefile # and the IIN (Invoice ID Number)

The IIN is IN the emailed AOS fee bill, which is part of the 'DS-3032 kit' that you'll receive, via email - sometime, soonish.

Whenever you get the GUZ Casefile # from the AVR, call the NVC Hotline, get a Human, then tell them you are ready to start NVC Processing (note I did NOT say EP here). They will confirm yer identity, and gather yer email address and yer wife's email address, then you'll be sent a 'DS-3032 kit' via email.

I've some detailed info on 'that', here -> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467

Good Luck !

ps - SHE can send the OPT IN Email the same day that you receive the GUZ Casefile number, btw.

Leaving to See the wife on Friday. As you know, no way I can really call the NVC while in China, would be nice though. Especially if we get the GUZ number while I am with her. Then we can send the email while I am with her. Any way to do this from China? Wish there was, but unfortunately do not know anyone who would dial the number for me while I was in Guangzhou with the wife. So, if no number by Friday then I'll have to wait until I get back. Say, if we get the GUZ number while I am in china, and I do not get back for 14 days, is there going to be any issues OPTIN after I get back?

Dan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My petition got approved on March 4, 2010 and until now NVC does not have my petition. I checked USCIS website yesterday and there was an update on April 9, 2010. So its been 1 month and 8 days since I got approve and still hasn't hit NVC yet. :(

01-28-10 : Sent I-129F

01-29-10 : Received at CSC signed by L. Fairbank

02-01-10 : NOA1

02-02-10 : Check was Cashed

02-02-10 : TOUCHED on USCIS website

02-06-10 : NOA1 HardCopy in the Mail

03-04-10 : TOUCHED

03-04-10 : NOA2 PETITION APPROVED

03-05-10 : Text Message & E-mail (wow that was quick, thank you Jesus) :) 31 days

03-05-10 : TOUCHED on USCIS website

03-08-10 : TOUCHED on USCIS website

03-08-10 : NOA2 HardCopy received

04-09-10 : TOUCHED again on USCIS website (Pls let them mail it out to NVC) 1 mth & 5 days NVC still does not have it :(

04-16-10 : E-mail from NVC that my approved petition is still at California Service Center :( (mail it already pls!!!)

04-19-10 : TOUCHED on USCIS website & called USCIS, they said its "AMENDED"

04-20-10 : TOUCHED on USCIS website (Dammit send it already)

04-21-10 : Got an e-mail from Congressman saying that USCIS mailed my petition to NVC (finally)

04-23-10 : Received "amended" NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

04-23-10 : NVC received

04-26-10 : Got MNL case # and petition left NVC to Manila Embassy

04-29-10 : Received by Consulate

05-04-10 : Medical Day 1

05-05-10 : Medical Day 2(PASSED)

05-26-10 : INTERVIEW DATE MAY 26, 2010

08-26-10 : WEDDING DAY, WE ARE NOW MR & MRS. STEPHEN AGUILAR PADUA

09-11-10 : MAILED AOS/EAD PAPERWORK

09-13-10 : RECEIVED AT CHICAGO OFFICE

09-20-10 : NOTICE DATE

09-23-10 : RECEIVED HARD COPY IN THE MAIL

01-07-11: INTERVIEW FOR GREEN CARD

01-14-11: APPROVAL OF GREEN CARD RECEIVED

01-15-11: RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL

Timeline

Leaving to See the wife on Friday. As you know, no way I can really call the NVC while in China, would be nice though. Especially if we get the GUZ number while I am with her. Then we can send the email while I am with her. Any way to do this from China? Wish there was, but unfortunately do not know anyone who would dial the number for me while I was in Guangzhou with the wife. So, if no number by Friday then I'll have to wait until I get back. Say, if we get the GUZ number while I am in china, and I do not get back for 14 days, is there going to be any issues OPTIN after I get back?

Dan

Can't call NVC in China ? I call B*LLSH|T on that one, sport, sorry.

At a minimum, you can purchase an IDD/IID card at a street vendor stall / hawker, then USE it to make long distance calls from China to USA. IF you've NO IDEA what that is, then suggest you get a skype account today, prepay for unlimited somethings for 3 months, and use skype in China to call NVC. But - get skype now, before yer trip. There is special 'chinese' version of skype, do not use it on yer american laptop ;)

The OPT IN Email Must COME FROM YER WIFE's email, btw.

re: issues - no. But - if she has her white books, tis time to scan them, whilst yer in China.

Good Luck !

Timeline

My petition got approved on March 4, 2010 and until now NVC does not have my petition. I checked USCIS website yesterday and there was an update on April 9, 2010. So its been 1 month and 8 days since I got approve and still hasn't hit NVC yet. :(

I'm so terribly sorry, you are attempting to hijaak this topic with an unrelated question.

I strongly suggest you start yer own own topic in a K-1 forum, and stay OUT of the CR-1 forum.

in the meantime - K-1 petitions are totally different, when it comes to NVC processing. Suggest you have the USC person contact NVC via telephone, get a Human, and GET the NVC casefile number , also inquire for 'when it left NVC'. Then call DOS Hotline, get a Human, and inquire for casefile status using the NVC casefile number.

In the future, please - do NOT hijaak other topics with unrelated questions. This Visa Stuff is serious, and you've just created a medium sized faux paux.

Timeline

I'm so terribly sorry, you are attempting to hijaak this topic with an unrelated question.

I strongly suggest you start yer own own topic in a K-1 forum, and stay OUT of the CR-1 forum.

in the meantime - K-1 petitions are totally different, when it comes to NVC processing. Suggest you have the USC person contact NVC via telephone, get a Human, and GET the NVC casefile number , also inquire for 'when it left NVC'. Then call DOS Hotline, get a Human, and inquire for casefile status using the NVC casefile number.

In the future, please - do NOT hijaak other topics with unrelated questions. This Visa Stuff is serious, and you've just created a medium sized faux paux.

I hope it was not me.... Yesterday got our "Official" I-797 I-130 Approval Notice for My Wife. I'll keep calling the NVC, as it says on the notice. Once NVC get's it, I'll get the NVC GUZ # then after that I call NVC, talk with a human give our emails and then we should get notification to pay the $70.00 the the $400.00 for the CR1 Visa, then on to Guangzhou.. I really hope the horror stories coming out of Guangzhou are "exaggerated". The more I read about GUZ, the more nervous I get. I just printed out 3 more months of emails, so I have about 1,000 pages of emails. They asked for it, we'll I give it to them.. They want proof...... I have it.. You think the US Government thinks our wifes are.......... We'll do not get me started on that one.

At any rate.. I'll get the card you suggested so when i get to Guangzhou on Saturday, I'll just keep calling. What are "white papers"?

Thanks again, and sorry to be such a pain in the *&^& about all of this. On the CFL site I did make a list of everything I have in the hopes it would help someone else out. You think posting my list on Vj would be more helpful? Just trying to payback the help I have recieved.

Dan

Timeline

I hope it was not me.... Yesterday got our "Official" I-797 I-130 Approval Notice for My Wife. I'll keep calling the NVC, as it says on the notice. Once NVC get's it, I'll get the NVC GUZ # then after that I call NVC, talk with a human give our emails and then we should get notification to pay the $70.00 the the $400.00 for the CR1 Visa, then on to Guangzhou.. I really hope the horror stories coming out of Guangzhou are "exaggerated". The more I read about GUZ, the more nervous I get. I just printed out 3 more months of emails, so I have about 1,000 pages of emails. They asked for it, we'll I give it to them.. They want proof...... I have it.. You think the US Government thinks our wifes are.......... We'll do not get me started on that one.

At any rate.. I'll get the card you suggested so when i get to Guangzhou on Saturday, I'll just keep calling. What are "white papers"?

Thanks again, and sorry to be such a pain in the *&^& about all of this. On the CFL site I did make a list of everything I have in the hopes it would help someone else out. You think posting my list on Vj would be more helpful? Just trying to payback the help I have recieved.

Dan

Just called NVC, Got our GUZ #..... Yeah... So Now I am on the phone, on Hold waiting to give email address.. I hope that I am doing the right thing.... Took about 6 Calendar Days from the NOA2 date..

Dan

Timeline

FWIW - a white book is a 'notarial translation' document.

Usually prepared (on the beneficiary) for the 'document set' for the DS-230 - which will consist of

--birth certificate

--police clearance certificate

--marriage certificate

--any divorce certificate(s)

There's one 'white book' per 'item' in the document set. The thing I like about 'white books' is that it is a 'certified copy' of the Chinese Document, plus the translation plus the translation attestation, all inside of a 'book'. GUZ knows about these, expects to see them.

You might have some already, or can get all when yer in China. These need to be scanned/converted to PDF .

GOOD NEWS you got the GUZ # - now have yer wife send in the OPT IN email from her email account IN CHINA. DO NOT EXPECT instant response on it - be prepared to wait up to 15 days before hearing back (via email) on the acceptance and conversion.

For now - you are waiting on the AOS fee bill to be emailed to you. The IIN will be inside of that email.

When you are IN the online payment portal, though - pay all that you can , on the GUZ # .

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

I hope it was not me....

Dan

No , yer golden - it IS yer topic, after all.

That was specifically directed to 'yokogurl99' member, she attempted to hijaak yer topic with an unrelated question. The only thing that was common was 'NVC' - the rest of it so off topic, I had to spit in a bucket to calm down ;)

Edited by Darnell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.