276 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Not yet... I am leaving in one day, so worse case I will have to wait until Saturday to email the DS-3032.. I know it delays things a few days but what Can I do now.. I am trying my best..

Dan

I just sent it to her.. So, She will be able to read these files

Dan

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yay !!!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Yay !!!

Really wish they would send me this Invoice ID Number. I will call and ask if they will send me the AOS Invoice. The people at NVC seem to me better than that of the USCIS.. Time will tell, and soon time for bed. I get up at 0330 for work everyday.. But one day and a wake up and I'll be heading to Beijing then to Guangzhou. I am flying Hainan Airlines.. Seattle Direct Beijing 9.5 hours later.. I'm there.. then 3 hours to Guangzhou.. Not bad on the price either 740 round trip. I'll get my frequent flyer miles here. Soon, I'll be going back for the wife's interview and then I'll need to buy her tickets.

With all that said, I will call now and see what they said. Also the last guy I spoke with said I can send the OTPIN email from my email address. Why should we send it from hers? Does it really matter?

Dan

Timeline

Really wish they would send me this Invoice ID Number. I will call and ask if they will send me the AOS Invoice. The people at NVC seem to me better than that of the USCIS.. Time will tell, and soon time for bed. I get up at 0330 for work everyday.. But one day and a wake up and I'll be heading to Beijing then to Guangzhou. I am flying Hainan Airlines.. Seattle Direct Beijing 9.5 hours later.. I'm there.. then 3 hours to Guangzhou.. Not bad on the price either 740 round trip. I'll get my frequent flyer miles here. Soon, I'll be going back for the wife's interview and then I'll need to buy her tickets.

With all that said, I will call now and see what they said. Also the last guy I spoke with said I can send the OTPIN email from my email address. Why should we send it from hers? Does it really matter?

Dan

the one she signed expired 12/31/2009, Also my name only has my middle initial.. is this a problem? on the email the NVC sent me it has my full middle name.. Perplexing...

Dan

Timeline

the one she signed expired 12/31/2009, Also my name only has my middle initial.. is this a problem? on the email the NVC sent me it has my full middle name.. Perplexing...

Dan

OK ... Just got off of the phone with NVC, they told me that the OPTIN can be sent from either my email address or hers.

So, before I send this, out.. I Will be sending the DS-3032 to the NVCElectronic@state.gov email address along with the DS-3032, Correct?

Timeline

yer prepping the opt in email, correct? Follow the template in the wiki.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

yer prepping the opt in email, correct? Follow the template in the wiki.

I followed the template from wiki, exactly with the OPTIN GUZXXXXXXXX case number in the subject line just like it shows to do.. Now time to wait.. then what? I'll get an email saying we have a new case number with GZO now..?? Still no Invoice ID Number.. Just called and forgot that it is three hours later on the east coast so I will need to call tomorrow again.. I hope I did this thing right.. Sure makes you nervous about this entire process....

Dan

I followed the template from wiki, exactly with the OPTIN GUZXXXXXXXX case number in the subject line just like it shows to do.. Now time to wait.. then what? I'll get an email saying we have a new case number with GZO now..?? Still no Invoice ID Number.. Just called and forgot that it is three hours later on the east coast so I will need to call tomorrow again.. I hope I did this thing right.. Sure makes you nervous about this entire process.... Just got this:

This is an automated response. Please do not respond to this email.

The NVC has received your e-mail. We are currently processing in the

order of receipt. Please allow 10 business days for a response.

Please be advised that sending duplicate emails for opt in and mailing

documents via delivery service may have an adverse affect on the amount

of time it takes for us to process your case.

So in Conclusion to this day..

Sent in the DS-3032 to the NVCElectronic@state.gov email address; Correct?

In the Subject Line I put the word OPTIN GUZ{CASE NUMBER}

The body of the email was exactly like that from the wiki.

Sound correct guys?

Dan

Edited by Djwalker60

Timeline

I followed the template from wiki, exactly with the OPTIN GUZXXXXXXXX case number in the subject line just like it shows to do.. Now time to wait.. then what? I'll get an email saying we have a new case number with GZO now..?? Still no Invoice ID Number.. Just called and forgot that it is three hours later on the east coast so I will need to call tomorrow again.. I hope I did this thing right.. Sure makes you nervous about this entire process....

Dan

After reading the DOS website and the WIKI again, I believe I have it right.. All except where the email came from. Three people at the NVC said either or email address. That it was not necessary for the OPTIN email to come from my wife's email address. But everything here says different.. Arguh...... I hope I didn't mess up.. I will call again tomorrow to verify..

Dan

Timeline

when yer calling next - bug them about 'AOS FEE BILL VIA EMAIL'

Or

Maybe you'll have nice email surprise in the morning with the AOS Fee Bill.

Don't bug NVC anymore about the OPT IN - you've gotten an auto-response - so for next - focus on the payment portal..

Good Luck !! (and Good Night ! )

Timeline

when yer calling next - bug them about 'AOS FEE BILL VIA EMAIL'

Or

Maybe you'll have nice email surprise in the morning with the AOS Fee Bill.

Don't bug NVC anymore about the OPT IN - you've gotten an auto-response - so for next - focus on the payment portal..

Good Luck !! (and Good Night ! )

Thank you for all of the help on this one. Even though I have read and read for the past three + months.. Seems like when it comes down to actually doing it, I had a bad brain fart.. :bonk: Sorry about that, maybe it's the fact I'm brain dead tonight.. whatever the case.. You are correct. I'll call tomorrow and bug them about the AOS FEE BILL via email..

Thank You very Much Again

Dan

Seattle, WA

Timeline

Thank you for all of the help on this one. Even though I have read and read for the past three + months.. Seems like when it comes down to actually doing it, I had a bad brain fart.. :bonk: Sorry about that, maybe it's the fact I'm brain dead tonight.. whatever the case.. You are correct. I'll call tomorrow and bug them about the AOS FEE BILL via email..

Thank You very Much Again

Dan

Seattle, WA

Oh I forgot.. I have been reading that their are additional documents for the DS-230. Can't seem to find any information on this.. any hints?

Dan

Timeline

Dan - yup - it's in the WIKI - but that was pulled from:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html (applicant = beneficiary = foreign spouse = yer wife, so don't get confused on the labels there )

Timeline

Dan - yup - it's in the WIKI - but that was pulled from:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html (applicant = beneficiary = foreign spouse = yer wife, so don't get confused on the labels there )

Greetings--------- Again;

I will research the wiki more today for the information. But I have also found the website that you gave me. Going to call the NVC today to see if they can send me a Affidavit of Support Processing fee email. Sure would be nice to get that out of the way before I go to see the wife. I am still a bit nervous about the emails I sent yesterday. A lot of information about sending the OPTIN emails from the wife's email address. But yet three people at the NVC say it can be sent from either email address. I will confirm with them once again about this too. Going to organize my thoughts and lists today.. Feel like I am loosing the grasp on reality here all of a sudden. While dealing with USCIS there is nothing but waiting, but then all of sudden things speed up. I'll be sure that the wife signs a few copies of DS-230 for me when I am with her, but only page 2 and not the rest of it.

Found the wiki reference:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/DS-230

Again, Thank You Very Much. I do appreciate all of the help

Dan

Edited by Djwalker60

Timeline

Research the Wiki? What ? there's only one entry on NVC Electronic Processing, and the document list was there. If you review it, instead, you'll see the Document list. Every document yer wife MIGHT have is tagged with (PRC ) .

only page 2 and not the rest of it ? I'm sorry - you got it backwards - she's NOT to sign part II, she's to sign only Part I. Don't get this twisted, ya ? (xie xie )

I'm a bit concerned now , that yer not actually CLICKING any links that I put here.

If you are trying to copy/paste - that won't work so well, the coding on the html is always wrong for a longish url here, so you don't ever (and I DO MEAN EVER ) get the right url.

However, if you CLICK a link, it should take you to 'that page'. I dunno, somethings wonky, it's not that yer using a MAC, right ?

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

Research the Wiki? What ? there's only one entry on NVC Electronic Processing, and the document list was there. If you review it, instead, you'll see the Document list. Every document yer wife MIGHT have is tagged with (PRC ) .

only page 2 and not the rest of it ? I'm sorry - you got it backwards - she's NOT to sign part II, she's to sign only Part I. Don't get this twisted, ya ? (xie xie )

I'm a bit concerned now , that yer not actually CLICKING any links that I put here.

If you are trying to copy/paste - that won't work so well, the coding on the html is always wrong for a longish url here, so you don't ever (and I DO MEAN EVER ) get the right url.

However, if you CLICK a link, it should take you to 'that page'. I dunno, somethings wonky, it's not that yer using a MAC, right ?

Sorry if my postings are confusing... As I reread it myself I am confuse too. Sorry about that. Yes I found all documents correctly and I am clicking on the links you provided. (thank you) As far as DS-230 goes, I wrote it back wards, Yes She will sign Part I only now.

Also here is an updated list of my events so far:

• Received our NOA2 email and text message notification one day after the I-130 petition was actually approved at the USCIS
  • 6 Days after the I-130 was approved, the National Visa Center received the case.
  • 7 Days after the I-130 was approved; one day after NVC received case, I called and received our GUZ case number.
  • 2 Days after I-130 was received at the NVC, I received an email. “EPOPT ACL COVER LETTER STD” was the heading of the email along with our new GUZ case number. Email contained information on filling in the attached DS-3032. I printed out this DS-3032, cut out the barcode on the DS-3032 then taped it on to the DS-3032 my wife signed. Scanned it in, saved as a PDF file. Then I email this form to NVCElectronic@state.gov with the OPTIN GUZ{CASE NUMBER} in the subject line. I also included all information as outlined in the Wiki about the OPTIN email.
  • I received an email, automated response from NVCElectronic@state.gov indicating that the NVC has received our email request.
  • 3 Days after the I-130 was received at NVC, I still did not have my Affidavit of Support processing fee. So I called NVC and requested that a AOS Invoice be generated, I was informed that this will be done. Oh, I also asked (again) if the OPTIN email can come from either my wife’s email address or my email address. I was told (again) that it can come from either email address. I honestly hope there are no issues.
  • Now waiting for the AOS Fee Bill, and then for the OPTIN acceptance email so I can send in our I-864 form and all supporting document and all other forms.

I only listed what happened to me hoping it may help someone else. I hope it was ok to do this? I have the list of documents for the DS-230 that she needs, and I have all of those already both in print form. I have copies and she has the originals. I have also scanned and converted all to PDF format ready to go. I hope I have not missed anyting.

Dan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.