one...two...tree

California Pizza Kitchen reportedly up for sale

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The L.A.-based designer-pizza chain has put itself up for sale, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday, citing unidentified sources.

The report sent the company's stock soaring in the last few minutes of trading on Nasdaq. The shares closed up $2.56, or 14%, to $20.74, the best price since the stock's all-time high of $24.62 in 2007.

CPK, founded 25 years ago by two former criminal attorneys, has 253 restaurants nationwide and in nine countries overseas, and also sells it pizzas in supermarkets.The Journal said the company was soliciting interest from potential buyers including private-equity firms. That doesn't mean a sale will happen, but it's a start. CPK's stock market value is about $500 million; the chain has little debt.

http://latimesblogs....rosenfield.html

Filed: Timeline

You know what amazes me? TGI Friday's is actually open 7 nights a week!! :o :o

:rofl:

I took my wife to this restaurant called Spain 92 a few days ago. I showed up fully prepared with our Spanish visas, but they didn't even ask for them! :o

Oh and we've been discussing going to the Brasilia Grill but I don't think I can afford the airfare to Newark, Brazil.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

You must think Kentucky Fried Chicken only exists in Kentucky.

were you really born that stupid? or did you go to college to learn how to be that stupid?

years ago ... and another lifetime ago ... kfc was a customer. suffice to say i know where they have retail facilities. also have seen them in lots of other countries since then.

maybe you need to experience more than 2 countries ....

were you really born that stupid? or did you go to college to learn how to be that stupid?

years ago ... and another lifetime ago ... kfc was a customer. suffice to say i know where they have retail facilities. also have seen them in lots of other countries since then.

maybe you need to experience more than 2 countries ....

:rofl: you are so precious when drunk.

california is broke ... yet another example ...

California may be broke but this isn't an example. California Pizza Kitchen has locations nationwide and overseas as well.

Since hinting at the parallel with KFC didn't work, I figured I'd spell it out for you :)

Edited by w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Since hinting at the parallel with KFC didn't work, I figured I'd spell it out for you :)

Never hint about KFC. Always be literal. If you're going to eat this chazzerai, you should at least know exactly what's in it.

KFC introduces ‘Double Down’ sandwich

First came boneless wings; now comes a sandwich that uses chicken for the bun

9:04 p.m. CDT, April 11, 2010

First came boneless wings. Now KFC wants you to chow down on a sandwich that uses (what else?) chicken for the bun.

The KFC Double Down, which launches Monday, is essentially a sandwich with two chicken fillets taking the place of bread slices.

In between are two pieces of bacon, melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper Jack cheese and sauce.

How much will it cost? About $5 and 540 calories (460 for the grilled version), putting it on caloric par with fast-food standards like McDonald's Big Mac or a large order of french fries at Burger King.

But calories aren't everything. Nutritionists caution that consumers also should pay attention to the sandwich's salt and fat.

The Double Down has 1,380 milligrams of sodium (1,430 milligrams grilled). That's close to the American Heart Association's recommendation that adults eat less than 1,500 milligrams of sodium per day.

"This is not a healthy choice," said Walter Willett, chairman of the nutrition department at the Harvard School of Public Health.

While Willett said eliminating the white bread is a good thing to do, "what really sets this product apart is the incredible amount of sodium in one sandwich."

I haven't eaten at KFC in years. I like to get my chicken at our local "Portuguese" BBQ. It's actually owned and operated by Brazilians and I'm told it's Brazilian but for some reason out here in the burbs they feel the need to call themselves Portuguese.