XnY

Got an RFE yesterday as well

6 posts in this topic

Got an RFE yesterday too...

We sent copies of:

Permanent Resident Card

Our Marriage Certificate

Joint Residential Apartment Lease (2009-2010)

Joint tax returns transcripts for the tax years 2008 and 2007

Joint savings and checking account statements 2007-2009

Joint Credit cards statements 2007-2008

Two original affidavit letters (Not notarized)

Recent Energy bills

Recent Phone and Internet bills

Photo Album with about 10 pictures

Several misc. bills (2007-2009)

I didn't send a tax transcript for 2009. We did our taxes (Married filing jointly) late in January and to my shock got a several thousand dollars bill instead of a refund from some issue back in 2007. Our economic situation is not good at this time and we don't have insurance of any kind or any joint assets, only joint debt.

Does anybody know if I still can get a tax transcript for 2009 even though I got no refund, just a huge bill?

Thanks in advance...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

It's odd that with such evidence you get RFE, but again this maybe a random selection and usually a step towards an approval (God Willing).

As for your question for including the tax transcript, they don't care if you get a refund or a bill...just as long as it shows you filed as married (regardless of filing jointly or separately)

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

There shouldn't be any reason you can't get a 2009 tax transcript - whether you paid in or got a refund is of no consequence for ordering one.

You didn't say, but I presume the RFE was asking for more evidence of a legit marriage?

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We sent copies of:

Permanent Resident Card

Our Marriage Certificate

Recent Energy bills

I didn't send a tax transcript for 2009. We did our taxes (Married filing jointly) late in January and to my shock got a several thousand dollars bill instead of a refund from some issue back in 2007. Our economic situation is not good at this time and we don't have insurance of any kind or any joint assets, only joint debt.

Does anybody know if I still can get a tax transcript for 2009 even though I got no refund, just a huge bill?

Thanks in advance...

You mention Recent above? They are looking for bills throughout the marriage. You also state Misc bills? Such as ? What about credit card bills for 2009??

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

We sent copies of:

Permanent Resident Card

Our Marriage Certificate

Recent Energy bills

Thanks in advance...

I agree with others on the tax transcripts. You should be able to order them from the IRS, and it makes no matter that you owe instead of being due a refund. The filing status is what matters here. As for the RFE...it seems that you haven't provided enough (to USCIS' satisfaction at least) evidence of co-habitation. You included a joint lease for 09-10, and recent energy and phone bills...but nothing showing joint address going back to the beginning of your marriage. Do you have copies of joint lease from earlier? Bills? What about drivers licenses/ID cards, showing the same address? It seems, to me, that there is sufficient evidence proving the joining of financials, but not enogh evidence showing co-habitation. Perhaps you can focus on gathering that evidence to satisfy the RFE. Good luck...

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is from our cover letter. It includes every thing we sent, including an explanation of a strange arrest for my wife. We were approved in exactly 3 months!

Enclosed also please find the following documents in support of this petition. We have not included a lease or rental agreement. Nor, have we included a joint mortgage document, as I purchased our current home long ago. And, there is no mortgage on our house.

· Check in the amount of $545.00

· I-751, with attachment to explain Part 3, number 7

· 2 passport style photos for, my wife, ..........

· Copies of passport and Permanent Resident Card of ....................

· Marriage License of .................and ..................

· IRS copy of Joint Tax Return of ...................and ................ for year 2008

· Copies of Columbus Bank and Trust, CB&T: Bank statement, check order receipt and

debit cards in both our names

· Copies of AMAZON credit cards with Chase Bank in both our names

· Copies of Military Retired ID card for ................ .............., and Dependent ID card for .................., as

an official spouse, eligible for military and medical care

· Copy of a Tricare benefits explanation showing that ...................... is listed as a beneficiary of

retired Army member, .................

· Copies of BCBS Medical Dental Insurance cards showing both our names

· Copy of Veterans Life Insurance designation showing wife as primary beneficiary

· Water, Power and Gas Utility bills

· Copy of AT&T online account, showing both our cell phones listed on the same account

· Copies of .................... and .....................'s Driver Licenses

· Two sworn affidavits by U.S. citizen neighbors, attesting to our relationship and marriage

· Multiple photographs showing us together and with members of my family through various

holidays and vacations since the time of our marriage. There are many more!

Good Luck!

Shirley n Jim

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.