Alla

APRIL 2010 FILERS

2,490 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline

lol Sensii

I read the Q but i dont know the answer ;(

Well Im thhinking NO, cuz the EAD and Advanced Parole are all used before the greencard is approved and on the interview letter I believe it says bring all documents you got from USCIS. But do they take it? I dont know, maybe u should ask on the interview if they dont give u the stamp

Good Luck :)(L)

i hope they do

thnk uuuuuuuuuuu

i reallllly need to go see dad...i cnt wait anymore!!!!!!!!!!1

APRIL 19/10 - aos package sent

april 21/10- package received day 1

april 26/10- NOA S sent 5dys

april30/10- NOA S hardcopies received 9 dys

may 10th/10- got RFE ahhhhhhhhhh 19 dys

may 12th/10- sent evidence 21 days

may 17th/10-received 26 dys

may19th/10- I-485 touched 28 dys

may 24/10- got biometrics letter for june/17th 33 days

may 25/10- biometrics WALK IN done 34days

may26/10- i-131 touched 35 dys

june 7/10- 2nd RFE AHHHHHHHHHHHH 46dys

june 10-RFE response sent bck 49 dys

june 15- RFE RECEIVED 54 dys

june 16- EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED 55 dys

june 17/10- actual biometrics 56 dys

june 17- i131/ i130 touched

june 18-i485 touched 57 dys

june 22nd-AP RECEIVED N APPROVED!!!/765 touched 61 dys

june 24- 765 touched...again..?? 63 dys

june 25- INTERVIEW LETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTER! 64 dys

july 29th- INTERVIEW DAY at 14h30 san antonio tx DAY 99 AKA 3mnths 8 days approooooooovedddddddddddddd

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Adelvalle, good luck tomorrow... Hope the trrends coninues for you too.

APPROVED @ INTERVIEW IS WHAT WE WANT FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS from Canadian Visitor....

02/22/2010 - Got Married.

04/24/2010 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 to Chicago Lockbox

04/26/2010 - Package received in Chicago @ 10.16 AM by K Walker (Day 01)

04/30/2010 - Both cheques cashed / Entered in USCIS system (Day 05)

05/04/2010 - Received all 4 NOA's dated April 30, 2010 (Day 09)

05/24/2010 - Biometric letter received (FINALLY!!!)(Day 29)

06/02/2010 - Biometrics walk in DONE!!! (Day 38)

06/17/2010 - "Original" Biometrics appointment (Day 53)

06/21/2010 - Interview letter (dated June 17, 2010) (Day 57)

07/07/2010 - Approval AP (I-131) (Day 73)

07/09/2010 - 1st EAD (I-765) Card Production Order (Day 75)

07/14/2010 - 2nd EAD (I-765) Card Production Order (Day 80)

07/15/2010 - Received AP (where's my EAD??) (Day 81)

07/26/2010 - Received EAD (Day 92)

07/27/2010 - GC Interview @ 2.30pm APPROVED!!! (Day 93) (3 mths and 3 days)

07/27/2010 - Passport stamp received (I-551)

07/31/2010 - welcome letter and I-130 aproval (Day 97)

08/05/2010 - Received SSN card

08/07/2010 - RECEIVED GREEN CARD! (Day 104)

ROC

04/28/2012 - Removal of Condition window opens

07/02/2012 - Sent out ROC package

07/05/2012 - Package received @ VSC

07/06/2012 - NOA1 received

07/10/2012 - Chq cashed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yep Sensii

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?313385-Can-I-change-my-address-and-keep-my-EAD-after-the-interview

this forums talks about EAD but i would imagine AP would be similar.

The person on the forum was saying that if u dont get ur stamp ask them to keep the EAD. I would definitely ask the interview officer about it, what if u wanted to travel before u receive ur greencard, but then again I would also be paranoid that the USICS officer find that suspicious :( Ugh im sorry not sure what i would do. Maybe u will get ur stamp and all will be good.

:)

I would be a lil scared, especially for me since i am a overstay. I didnt even apply for AP.

http://www.***removed***/greencard/adjustmentofstatus/advance-parole.html

Advance Parole Document

Advance Parole (Form I-512) for adjustment applicants will be valid for a period which coincides with the time normally required for completion of an adjustment application not to exceed one year. (It means that it is valid for one year looking at the current status of adjustment of status processing.) It is usually valid for multiple entries. One copy for the applicant, one copy for the USCIS at the port of entry and one for the airline (so that they let you board the plane without other valid visa). First time you travel back to the US, you give the appropriate copies to the airline and USCIS, and USCIS will stamp your copy. Subsequent times, you can just show your copy and travel.

Form I-94 should be endorsed with the parole stamp. If Form I-512 indicates no specific authorization date, the parole should be valid for a maximum period of 1 year from the date parole was granted at the Port of Entry. Generally, for the I-485-based AP, the person is paroled in "indefinitely" for I-485 based advance parole.

Advance parole may be accepted by an airline instead of a visa as an authorization for the holder to travel to the US. It can't be issued to serve in place of any required passport. It can't be used to circumvent the normal visa issuingprocess neither is it a means to bypass delays in visa issuance.

Advance parole document earlier used to be a simple piece of paper which may be easier to counterfeit. Sample

Since Nov 24, 2003, USCIS redesigned the travel document and it incorporates increased security features aimed at eliminating a counterfeiter's ability to duplicate them, using the latest state-of-the-art technology. It adds security features that prevent the illegal production of these documents and improves production techniques and processes to shorten the processing times. Produced at the USCIS Nebraska Service Center, it utilizes the same patented personalization process as the currentU.S. passport. This includes a digitized integrated photo, which has proven difficult for counterfeiters to duplicate. It also features a number of covert or hidden features that require sophisticated forensic equipment to view. It is light green in color and resembles the size and shape of the U.S. passport. Refugee travel documents and re-entry permits currently in circulation will remain valid until the expiration dates printed on those documents. The use of new production equipment and techniques has increased the production rate by ten fold of the previous production rate.

Mere possession of advance parole does not guarantee admission into the U.S. as the alien is still subject to immigration inspection at a port of entry to determine admissibility into the U.S.. There also may be bars as described below. You may be subject to "secondary inspection" where you will be taken to a separate room and asked questions.

Travel Warning

If you have been unlawfully present in the US for more than 180 days but less than 1 year and you leave before removal proceedings are started against you, you may be inadmissible for 3 years from the date of departure.

If you have been unlawfully present in the US for 1 year or more, you leave regardless of before, during or after removal proceedings, are started against you, you may be inadmissible for 10 years from the date of departure.

Only unlawful presence that was accrued on or after Apr 1, 1997 counts towards the 3 and 10 year bar.

Certain immigration benefits and time spent in the US while certain applications are pending may place you in a period of authorized stay. e.g., a properly filed application for adjustment of status, Temporary Protected Status (TPS), deferred enforced departure (DED), asylum and withholding ofremoval. Bars to enter the US, as described above, may still be triggered if you accrued more than 180 days of unlawful presence BEFORE the date you were considered to be in a period of authorized stay. For refugees and asylees, the waiver may be granted for humanitarian reasons, to assure family unity or if it is otherwise in the public interest.

Waiver of inadmissibility on humanitarian can generally be applied only by those persons that can establish extreme hardship to their US citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse or parents, to assure family unity or when it is otherwise in public interest.

Timeline

Yep Sensii

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?313385-Can-I-change-my-address-and-keep-my-EAD-after-the-interview

this forums talks about EAD but i would imagine AP would be similar.

The person on the forum was saying that if u dont get ur stamp ask them to keep the EAD. I would definitely ask the interview officer about it, what if u wanted to travel before u receive ur greencard, but then again I would also be paranoid that the USICS officer find that suspicious :( Ugh im sorry not sure what i would do. Maybe u will get ur stamp and all will be good.

:)

I would be a lil scared, especially for me since i am a overstay. I didnt even apply for AP.

http://www.***removed***/greencard/adjustmentofstatus/advance-parole.html

Advance Parole Document

Advance Parole (Form I-512) for adjustment applicants will be valid for a period which coincides with the time normally required for completion of an adjustment application not to exceed one year. (It means that it is valid for one year looking at the current status of adjustment of status processing.) It is usually valid for multiple entries. One copy for the applicant, one copy for the USCIS at the port of entry and one for the airline (so that they let you board the plane without other valid visa). First time you travel back to the US, you give the appropriate copies to the airline and USCIS, and USCIS will stamp your copy. Subsequent times, you can just show your copy and travel.

Form I-94 should be endorsed with the parole stamp. If Form I-512 indicates no specific authorization date, the parole should be valid for a maximum period of 1 year from the date parole was granted at the Port of Entry. Generally, for the I-485-based AP, the person is paroled in "indefinitely" for I-485 based advance parole.

Advance parole may be accepted by an airline instead of a visa as an authorization for the holder to travel to the US. It can't be issued to serve in place of any required passport. It can't be used to circumvent the normal visa issuingprocess neither is it a means to bypass delays in visa issuance.

Advance parole document earlier used to be a simple piece of paper which may be easier to counterfeit. Sample

Since Nov 24, 2003, USCIS redesigned the travel document and it incorporates increased security features aimed at eliminating a counterfeiter's ability to duplicate them, using the latest state-of-the-art technology. It adds security features that prevent the illegal production of these documents and improves production techniques and processes to shorten the processing times. Produced at the USCIS Nebraska Service Center, it utilizes the same patented personalization process as the currentU.S. passport. This includes a digitized integrated photo, which has proven difficult for counterfeiters to duplicate. It also features a number of covert or hidden features that require sophisticated forensic equipment to view. It is light green in color and resembles the size and shape of the U.S. passport. Refugee travel documents and re-entry permits currently in circulation will remain valid until the expiration dates printed on those documents. The use of new production equipment and techniques has increased the production rate by ten fold of the previous production rate.

Mere possession of advance parole does not guarantee admission into the U.S. as the alien is still subject to immigration inspection at a port of entry to determine admissibility into the U.S.. There also may be bars as described below. You may be subject to "secondary inspection" where you will be taken to a separate room and asked questions.

Travel Warning

If you have been unlawfully present in the US for more than 180 days but less than 1 year and you leave before removal proceedings are started against you, you may be inadmissible for 3 years from the date of departure.

If you have been unlawfully present in the US for 1 year or more, you leave regardless of before, during or after removal proceedings, are started against you, you may be inadmissible for 10 years from the date of departure.

Only unlawful presence that was accrued on or after Apr 1, 1997 counts towards the 3 and 10 year bar.

Certain immigration benefits and time spent in the US while certain applications are pending may place you in a period of authorized stay. e.g., a properly filed application for adjustment of status, Temporary Protected Status (TPS), deferred enforced departure (DED), asylum and withholding ofremoval. Bars to enter the US, as described above, may still be triggered if you accrued more than 180 days of unlawful presence BEFORE the date you were considered to be in a period of authorized stay. For refugees and asylees, the waiver may be granted for humanitarian reasons, to assure family unity or if it is otherwise in the public interest.

Waiver of inadmissibility on humanitarian can generally be applied only by those persons that can establish extreme hardship to their US citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse or parents, to assure family unity or when it is otherwise in public interest.

omg im officially paranooooooooooooo

OHHHH LORdie

july 29th- INTERVIEW DAY at 14h30 san antonio tx DAY 99 AKA 3mnths 8 days approooooooovedddddddddddddd

Questions guys

After the interview, if you get approved: Do they stamp your passport and get the I-94 card?

ROC

04/27/2012 Sent ROC package to CSC

04/30/2012 Delivery Confirmed USPS

05/12/2012 NOA1 Received. Receipt Date 04/30/2012

07/05/2012 Biometrics Received

11/21/2012 ROC Approved (Thank you Lord!)

12/01/2012 Green Card Received

Stop ya whining ppl lol t1939.gif... had to wait for my internet access

So our appt time was to be at 11:05 am but dealing with my rush, rush hubby, we got to Philly at 9:45 and had to kill some time til at least 10:15. We entered and went through the security scan (joked a lil with one of the guards- she was a sweety) and made our way up to the waiting room on the 3rd floor. Of course there were no clocks so we didn’t have a clue how long we were waiting but the room was ¾ filled with AOS, ROC and Naturalization people. I walked to the front desk and handed the lady behind the glass window my interview letter and was told to have a seat and wait to be called.

At least 3-4 couples were, in my opinion, given the Stokes interview as the IO sent one spouse back to the waiting room while they interrogated the other spouse. Funny thing is, the ones who were given such treatments, had attorneys present while the others who didnt, including us, were never separated. We were the last to be called in before lunch (so to speak) at about 1. We were interviewed by an Asian lady, Ms. Cho. She was very polite yet got straight to the point since they were obviously runnin behind schedule.

She asked us if there were anything we wanted to add to the file and even though I had an enormous amount of stuff, I just let her look through our photo albums, joint bank accounts, lease, benefits enrollment form and pics (of which, only the photo albums were new evidence cuz she didn’t ask for any of our insurance cards since we already submitted info regarding the enrollment). She then went straight into questioning us.

Hubby’s questions

She spent a good 5 mins doing so and started to inquire about who went to the wedding (12). (Hubby named every single person but ticked me off by telling her how his mom didn’t approve even though she didn’t ask him all that lol)

When did we get married?

Where was it held?

What we did afterwards?

When did we start going out?

Where did we go on dates?

How long was it before we decided to get married?

Asked hubby visa am I on?

Where I lived in Detroit? (too many places so she by-passed it

What school I attend, and what school I got my degree from?

What is my major here and in my degree?

When was I last enrolled?

My questions

When and how did we meet?- Then if we still went to that church.

What did/do we have in common?

How often did we see each other during school?

What activities did we do when I visited?

Where hubby works?

How many times I visited the US? Too many to count

When did I enter on my student visa?

Has he ever taken time off to come to Detroit?

When did he visit and what did we do?

Oddly, will I go back to school in august?

What was our first movie? (too long ago) so she asked what was our last movie together? Made small talk as to her wanting to know about it.

Then asked about the I-130 questions

Both

And if we’re married?

What do we know about each other’s parents? Age, Job, Name, Address

Then, asked us to verify our own and each others’ Age, Job, Name, Address.

What do I want to do as a career?

After that, she asked, again, if I wanted in include anything. I gave her the most recent 3 pay stubs and employment letters from both jobs and to make a copy of my I-20. She then said thanks for coming in and that we’ll get the letter in about 30 days as they have cut down on giving out stamps (even though she said sorry and we‘ll have to wait to take hubby to JA). She asked us to stay in the wait room until she made copies and when she came out, I told her about my EAD touches and said if I get it I coud use it but I might get my GC before that.

God is good. t0820.gif

Congrats hon

I love u too mami... t4710.gif

BESOS (L)

I pick option B... Ur too excited for me lolt2709.gif

Awesome, Bes

Congrats!! :rofl: :rofl:

So happy to see that everyone is getting there.

Tibet.gifSouth_Korea.gif

AOS timeline

04/02/2010: AOS sent (I-130, I-485, I-765)

04/05/2010: delivered (day3)

04/12/2010: checks cashed (day10)

04/15/1020: 3 NOAs received (day13)

04/17/2010: biometrics notice(for I-485 & I-765) received (day15)

04/19/2010: walk-in biometrics done, I-485 & I-765 updated (day17)

04/20/2010: I-485 & I-765 updated (day 18)

04/27/2010: I-130 & I-765 updated (day 25)

05/11/2010: actual biometrics appointment day (day39)

05/12/2010: interview letter received, notice date on 05/07/10 (day40)

06/16/2010: interview day - APPROVED!!! (day75)

06/16/2010: I-765 updated, EAD & green card production ordered (day75)

06/17/2010: I-130, I-485, I-765 updated (day76)

06/21/2010: welcome letter & i-130 approval notice (day 80)

06/28/2010: EAD card received (day 87)

06/29/2010: applied SSN (day 88)

I have a question for you guys:

Does USCIS always review your application prior to interview? Cause mine haven't been touched after BIO.

Thanks!

In my case, they didn't touch until my interview day after bio but I think USCIS website online case is not so reliable.

When I had an interview, I felt like they already went through everything although website showed that no updates. Therefore, try not to rely on too much touched things on website. They are working on your case even if it doesn't show updates on uscis.

Tibet.gifSouth_Korea.gif

AOS timeline

04/02/2010: AOS sent (I-130, I-485, I-765)

04/05/2010: delivered (day3)

04/12/2010: checks cashed (day10)

04/15/1020: 3 NOAs received (day13)

04/17/2010: biometrics notice(for I-485 & I-765) received (day15)

04/19/2010: walk-in biometrics done, I-485 & I-765 updated (day17)

04/20/2010: I-485 & I-765 updated (day 18)

04/27/2010: I-130 & I-765 updated (day 25)

05/11/2010: actual biometrics appointment day (day39)

05/12/2010: interview letter received, notice date on 05/07/10 (day40)

06/16/2010: interview day - APPROVED!!! (day75)

06/16/2010: I-765 updated, EAD & green card production ordered (day75)

06/17/2010: I-130, I-485, I-765 updated (day76)

06/21/2010: welcome letter & i-130 approval notice (day 80)

06/28/2010: EAD card received (day 87)

06/29/2010: applied SSN (day 88)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Does USCIS always review your application prior to interview? Cause mine haven't been touched after BIO.

Thanks!

yes they do my is in the same situation that yours i had one touch on my i-130 for the hole time and two on my i-485 (one initial and one after bio appt.)but they have to go under review that's where some people get their RFEs they have to make sure that you have sent everything they need.

the on-line system is just not ready get probably still a beta test.

04/30/10 First medical appointment

05/03/10 Medical done

05/04/10 Send AOS to Chicago

05/05/10 Delivered at Chicago 10:25AM (day 1)

05/10/10 Receipt e-mail and text MSG :) 3:44PM (day 6)

05/11/10 Checks cash (day 7)

05/13/10 Hard copies of 3 NOA on the mail (day 9)

05/13/10 All forms "touch"(day 9)

05/24/10 biometrics appt letter, dated 05/14 appt 06/03 :) ( day 20)

05/26/10 Biometrics done via walk in 10:30AM (day 22)

05/27/10 Update on I-485 and I-765 (day 23)

06/11/10 Call USCIS for expedite EAD(day 38)

06/11/10 Update on I-765(day 38)

06/21/10 Update on I-765 Card production ordered (day 48)

06/25/10 Update on I-765 2nd Card production ordered (day 52)

06/29/10 Update on I-765 approval send (day 56)

07/02/10 EAD card received (day 59)

07/06/10 Interview letter on the mail!! (day 63)

08/10/10 Interview day APPROVED No USCIS until 2020!!(day 98)

07/10/10 SS card received

08/10/10 Update on I-485 Card production Ordered (day 98)

08/13/10 Update on I-485 2nd Card production ordered (day 101)

08/14/10 Welcome letter and approval notice received (day 102)

08/23/10 Green card received (day 111)

NwAAAD5-8F1w3eCzigCyZAklr2nKzRRQmhP6iF1bZRwJdz061pIHJjmgZ91uLJNTHYMLALebkzNY88dH1RQ87I4Gi-wAm1T1ULFqF6zy4JfqM16CoqotwBD7mFqp.jpg

Timeline

who s going to san antonio office??

i neeed to figure out this stamp thing

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Questions guys

After the interview, if you get approved: Do they stamp your passport and get the I-94 card?

Not always stamp your passport but often take away I-94 and EAD.

Thanks!

They always review your application twice before the interview. Local office can not give you an answer without prior consideration. They look for strong and weak areas and what is unclear for them.

A lot of people get touches but some don't (like choongchoong) may be the use different system or something.

Edited by Alla

Timeline

i need to figure out this stamp thingy

Edited by sensii

Timeline

It all depends on the local office! I still see people getting their passport's stamped.

Look for interviewers from your region and you will see if they stamp.

thnx alla

ima google it and see

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS BESA!!

April 19 - Mailed in AOS package to Chicago Lockbox

April 21 - AOS package received

April 27 - Check cashed

April 30 - NOA hardcopies received for I-485, I-765, I-131 (dated 04/27/2010)

April 30 - I-485, I-765, I-131 touched

May 5 - I-797C NOAs biometrics received for I-485, I-765 (dated 04/29/2010)

May 6 - Biometrics walk-in at St Paul, MN ASC

May 6 - I-485, I-765 touched

May 7 - I-485, I-765 touched

May 10 - Called in for I-765 expedite request

May 11 - I-765 expedite request denied

May 17 - Submitted second expedite request through local Congressman's Office

May 18 - I-765 Expedite request approved; I-765 in "Card Production Ordered"

May 21 - Second Card Production Ordered status update for I-765

May 27 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

June 1 - EAD card received with start date 05/18/2010 (expires 05/17/2011)

June 12 - Interview letter received for 07/16/2010 @ 2pm (dated 06/09/2010)

June 28 - Advance Parole (I-131) documents approved (expires 06/28/2011)

July 6 - Advance Parole (I-131) documents received (dated 06/28/2010)

July 16 - 2pm initial interview at USCIS Bloomington, MN - APPROVED

July 16 - Card production ordered

July 22 - I-485 touched, card production ordered on July 21

July 21 - Welcome letter received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.