toystory

K-1 Affidavit of Support form

9 posts in this topic

I received the Affidavit of Support form from my fiancee. I found that he checked "Intend"for #11 question,but the example form of visajorney says "N/A ( K1 visa process for permanent residence )". Is this going to be a problem when I have an interview?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I received the Affidavit of Support form from my fiancee. I found that he checked "Intend"for #11 question,but the example form of visajorney says "N/A ( K1 visa process for permanent residence )". Is this going to be a problem when I have an interview?

If it was going to be a problem then it would not be sugegsted... 1000's have done it wexactly that way

YMMV

If it was going to be a problem then it would not be sugegsted... 1000's have done it wexactly that way

Thank you :) What I wanted to ask is on my form from my fiancee, he checked "Intend" for #11 question which is not suggested here,so I'm really confusing now.

Many people check do not intend and fill in as the sample form shows.

Many others have selected to check intend and put in some verbiage.

Everyone has their own opinion on this subject but I have not heard on any problems from chosing to do it either way.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Either way works, really.

Consular officers usually have a very good notion of common sense. Since this form is for a fiance(e) and they understand the intent is to immigrate and adjust status, they understand that either box can be checked.

You won't have any issues

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

This is a very good question and has been discussed many times on VisaJourney.

1) I do not see your Embassy listed for your fiance(e) but I have read that London wants to see the USC check intends and fill in some appropriate wording.

2) The last thread that discussed this extensively involved a USC with a Co-sponsor and the responses to #11 did not match. One checked Do not intend and the other checked intend. The consular officer did not deny the visa but did request two NEW I-134 filings from USC and co-sponsor (joint sponsor) with matching answers.

3) Many people have said this question is not applicable for a K-1 visa. So the answer should be N/A K-1 Visa or some such thing. I have seen postings where the Consular officer did not accept that response, but it is a case of consular officer preference, in that posting the person said it is not consistent for all officers in the Embassy.

To be safe, I recommend checking the box for INTEND to: and write something equivalent to saying that the USC intends to provide all necessary support for ... <list everything you can think of> then write "and anything else as needed."

Good luck

Naturalization N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I took the simplistic route with that question, I checked I intended to support her with room and board. No need to get all wordy with it.

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

To be safe, I recommend checking the box for INTEND to: and write something equivalent to saying that the USC intends to provide all necessary support for ... <list everything you can think of> then write "and anything else as needed."

Great way to phrase, that, Thanks, I was thinking the same thing but was worried it might sound unprofessional.

"and anything else as needed." We will definitely use that.

Our Timeline

June 13, 2009- We met in Honduras (mission trip for me, school for him)

June-July, 2009- Getting to know each other better via Skype & emails

August 2, 2009- Officially a couple

Dec 2009- Thanks to God, Allan visited USA, speaking at churches

Jan 09, 2010- Engaged!!

Jan 13, 2010- Allan returned to Costa Rica

K-1 TIMELINE

Feb 09, 2010 - I-129F sent I-129F via Express mail to VT center

Feb 11, 2010 - NOA1 approved

May 17, 2010 - Received email that NOA2 was issued! (95 days after NOA1)

May 22, 2010 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy

May 25, 2010 - Packet sent to Costa Rican Embassy

June 07,2010 - Phone call from Embassy, arranged to pick up packet

June 17,2010 - Pick up Packet 3

July 23,2010 - Liz travels to Costa Rica

July 26,2010 - Interview Date (70 days after NOA2- long paper chase in Central America)

July 26,2010 - K-1 Visa APPROVED!!!! Thanks to God!!!! \o/\o/

July 28,2010 - Liz returns to USA

July 29,2010 - Allan picks up Visa

Aug 11,2010 - Allan POE (Denver) NO PROBLEMS, it was easy!

Sept 25,2010 - Wedding Date

3Rj1m5.png

Sept 25-Oct 1 - Honeymoon away

Oct 2, 2010 - Begin honeymoon at home (for the rest of our lives)

AOS TIMELINE

Oct 13, 2010 - AOS & EAD Application Mailed

Oct 14, 2010 - Tracking number shows packet received at Chicago Lockbox

Oct 20, 2010 - Received Electronic Notice of NOA1 for AOS & EAD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.