hmm6604

I-134, where does it go?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi, I received my NOA2 and now my fiance is just waiting to find out all the papers he needs to gather. I have finished the I-134 form and am just trying to figure out if I send it directly to my fiance or if I send it to the consulate. My NOA2 doesn't mention this form at all so I'm unsure. I think VJ says the I-134 and all of the accompanying paperwork gets sent to the fiance but does that make sense? Would he just forward that to the consulate along with the other papers he needs?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi, I received my NOA2 and now my fiance is just waiting to find out all the papers he needs to gather. I have finished the I-134 form and am just trying to figure out if I send it directly to my fiance or if I send it to the consulate. My NOA2 doesn't mention this form at all so I'm unsure. I think VJ says the I-134 and all of the accompanying paperwork gets sent to the fiance but does that make sense? Would he just forward that to the consulate along with the other papers he needs?

Send it to the foreign fiance. You're dealing with the Dept. of State now, not USCIS.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Hello,

I actually received an email from the consulate telling me I didn't need the I-134 form for the K-1 visa. And as I mentioned previously, none of my papers from the department of state indicate I need it. Have they eliminated the I-134 form as part of the K-1 visa requirements?? Has anyone heard?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I actually received an email from the consulate telling me I didn't need the I-134 form for the K-1 visa. And as I mentioned previously, none of my papers from the department of state indicate I need it. Have they eliminated the I-134 form as part of the K-1 visa requirements?? Has anyone heard?

requirements vary by consulate

YMMV

Timeline

I was wondering if that might be the case. I'm a little perplexed though, because the consulate has so far said we didn't need 2 papers that seem to be required by other consulates. I'm thinking we might bring it to the interview anyway if they end up wanting it. Does the form need to be notarized?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was wondering if that might be the case. I'm a little perplexed though, because the consulate has so far said we didn't need 2 papers that seem to be required by other consulates. I'm thinking we might bring it to the interview anyway if they end up wanting it. Does the form need to be notarized?

not anymore

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The latest I-134 form does not need to be notarized. This is because by signing it you are attesting to the truth under penalty of perjury. They explain this in the instructions.

You should have your fiance(e) take the I-134 to the interview to be on the safe side. In addition to the I-134 you should provide the evidence to show support such as paystubs from your employer, one to three years of tax transcripts and maybe six months to one year of bank statements if you want.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hello,

IF you are NOT attending the interview, you will need to send it to your fiance/e because they will ask for it at that time. However, IF you ARE ATTENDING the interview...you should just bring it with you and present it at that time. You can bring bank statements, pay stubs, etc. too....as mentioned by other responders to your post. Personally, I think the physical presence of the USC at the interview is very important. I plan to attend the interview with my fiancee' as a show of love and support. Plus, to have any additional back up information which might be needed.

Best Wishes,

Franc

12.31.2009 I-129F Visa Petition rec'd at CSC

01.04.2010 I-797 NOA Receipt Notice WAC1006xxxxxx

03.02.2010 Request for Evidence: CSC wanted copy of previous divorce decree. Arrived @ CSC 03.12.1010

03.16.2010 I-797 NOA-2 Approved and sent from California Service Center 71 Days from NOA-1

03.16.2010 USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center.

03.23.2010 NVC sent file to U.S. Embassy in San Jose, Costa Rica! SNJ2010XXXXXX

03.26.2010 Received NVC letter (hard copy) dated March 24, 2010 in the mail.

03.27.2010 File arrived @ U.S. Embassy.

04.07.2010 Embassy called for Elsie to come and get Packet #3. She will pick up April 13th.

04.08.2010 Embassy e-mailed Packet #3 to me today.

04.15.2010 Interview scheduled for 30 April 2010

04.30.2010 Visas approved...pick up everything on 5/4/2010 @ 3pm.

05.05.2010 Traveling together to the USA...POE Denver, Colorado

07.28.2010 Married today...end to a long journey with more to come!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.