pgbeau1

KI-129F petition rejected for code PS 105????

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh dear, i used some white out, or tipex as we call it, on my DS-156.. I had put a telephone number in with 2 of the digits the wrong way round. I had decided that it was such a small mistake that it would be ok to tipex it out and correct the 2 digits.. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Have applications been returned on the basis of this? i hope not.. Im worried it might prolong my application now.. i think i need homer simpson here for his trusty DOH!!!!!!!!

I whited out some information on mine as well - I had put in an incorrect date and when I discovered it, corrected the error with whiteout. It was no problem for me. I doubt it will be a problem for you in this case, either.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I whited out some information on mine as well - I had put in an incorrect date and when I discovered it, corrected the error with whiteout. It was no problem for me. I doubt it will be a problem for you in this case, either.

Then they don't work under the same rules as we do. We would be in big trouble if we used white out because you cannot audit the changes. In government the only acceptable way to make a change is with a single line out so they can see what it was originally before the change. Most places also want initials as well so they can see who made the change.

The same thing happened to me when I mailed my petition out 5 months ago. Got it back a week later saying it was incomplete. As far as I and the other people who read through it could tell it was complete. Our only guess was that they wanted a new signature. I sent it back with new forms and new signatures and got an official NOA1 a week later. Now if they could only just send along that NAO2...

11/10/09 - K1 NOA1 date
4/22/10 - NOA2 mailed
7/21/10 - interview
8/27/10 - arrival in US
9/4/10 - wedding
10/2/10 - sent off AoS pack
12/27/10 - GC interview (approved)
10/09/12 - mailed application I-751
10/11/12 - NOA for I-175

4/23/13 - I-175 approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Oh dear, i used some white out, or tipex as we call it, on my DS-156.. I had put a telephone number in with 2 of the digits the wrong way round. I had decided that it was such a small mistake that it would be ok to tipex it out and correct the 2 digits.. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Have applications been returned on the basis of this? i hope not.. Im worried it might prolong my application now.. i think i need homer simpson here for his trusty DOH!!!!!!!!

As it's only a swapping of a few digits of your phone number I wouldn't worry about it at all. If you wrote your number as 12345678 but your phone number is more like 45689313 they would wonder who's number it WAS and who's number it is now. Identity theft (and unfortunately fraud) is so common.

The issue with white out/correcting/blacking out things arises more when it's done to something really important. For instance if you whited out your income on the I-134 or other they could think you've doctored it to make it look better. If you edit your birthday or the date of meeting they could think you're trying to change information after the forms been signed. These are all things they think you should be able to write out without mistakes so they wonder who filled in your form etc etc

The BONUS about white out is it's super easy to scratch off. I would expect that to ensure someone didn't change your number, they probably scratched off the whiteout to check what the error was, and then re-wrote your correction.. just to be sure.

Usually when making a correction you need to initial it too... I made a few mistakes on a form once and it was a form that didn't saved typed info. Because it was my birthday (writing it the Aussie way and not American) I decided it was worth the effort to make sure it was okay so I retyped the ENTIRE form. I also mucked up the years on my work stuff and I re-typed that too. I like my forms to look "pretty" so striking out the mistakes looked like I didn't know my own info (when really it was just done in a hurry :S).

Anyway, my point is, don't worry. :D

Then they don't work under the same rules as we do. We would be in big trouble if we used white out because you cannot audit the changes. In government the only acceptable way to make a change is with a single line out so they can see what it was originally before the change. Most places also want initials as well so they can see who made the change.

Didn't see this before I wrote my response. I agree.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.