lilacvioletiris

K-1 May interviews Montreal !!!!

227 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Leaving for the airport now with a bundle of papers and an excited attitude. I will definitely fill everyone in when my fiance' and I get out of the consulate on Monday!

Yeah I know, 12 more days til my interview.. I'm not ready at ALL. lol Well I have all the important papers, just need to print out some evidence of our relationship.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

I have a few things left to print off, but that's about it. I think the thing I'm most worried about right now is what I'm going to wear, lol. My fiance's mom and I are going to go shopping here in a few days so I can get something.

I'm amazingly calm about the whole situation right now. I suspect that the storm is brewing, and that come the 14th when we leave for Montreal, I'll be a spazzy, nervous wreck.

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

Timeline

Yeah I know, 12 more days til my interview.. I'm not ready at ALL. lol Well I have all the important papers, just need to print out some evidence of our relationship.

They didn't even ask for any evidence of ongoing relationship. We had some at our interview (pictures with captions like we had put in the original packet) but no consulate official asked for them ever. Granted I was there with my fiance' and held his hand through most of the interview so that may have been evidence enough.

Timeline

I have a few things left to print off, but that's about it. I think the thing I'm most worried about right now is what I'm going to wear, lol. My fiance's mom and I are going to go shopping here in a few days so I can get something.

I'm amazingly calm about the whole situation right now. I suspect that the storm is brewing, and that come the 14th when we leave for Montreal, I'll be a spazzy, nervous wreck.

I wouldn't stress too much about what you wear. My fiance' doesn't own any dress clothes except his church suit so he just wore a T-shirt and jeans (very casual) and I had on what I usually wear to work as a teacher (dress pants and a dressier t-shirt). Some other people there were in suits but most people were dressed casually like my fiance'. Note to self: must get my fiance' a pair of khaki pants for dressier occasions that aren't church related.

I think the worry has started to set in. I've got this knot in my stomach now whenever I think about it. :wacko:

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

ROC

The worry is DEFINITELY setting in. I'm wondering if they are going to throw us into AP... why? I don't have my grandfather's bank account information. I have his tax stuff, his home ownership information, employer information/letter, all that .... but no bank account information because he makes well over the required amount for 3 people, PLUS he owns his home, and so we didn't think it'd be necessary to use his bank information. GOD. Now I'm freaking out over this. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: I do not want to be denied or thrown into AP... I feel so stupid right now. :(

Are we totally screwed?

Edit: I'm reading through the instructions, and it does say "Evidence should consist of copies of any of the documents listed below that applies to your situation." That "any" leads me to believe that we MIGHT be okay... anyone have any other thoughts???

Edited by frenzyheart

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

ROC

Timeline

The worry is DEFINITELY setting in. I'm wondering if they are going to throw us into AP... why? I don't have my grandfather's bank account information. I have his tax stuff, his home ownership information, employer information/letter, all that .... but no bank account information because he makes well over the required amount for 3 people, PLUS he owns his home, and so we didn't think it'd be necessary to use his bank information. GOD. Now I'm freaking out over this. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: I do not want to be denied or thrown into AP... I feel so stupid right now. :(

Are we totally screwed?

Edit: I'm reading through the instructions, and it does say "Evidence should consist of copies of any of the documents listed below that applies to your situation." That "any" leads me to believe that we MIGHT be okay... anyone have any other thoughts???

I know the tax forms are necessary for the I-864. Montreal didn't ask for them, so my fiance' didn't give the tax forms to the visa assistant, because he had already given the deposits into bank account letter. Is it possible to get that kind of letter from your grandfather? If not, if his taxes prove his income, that may be enough (and I haven't completely started reading the I-864 affidavit of support documentation list yet but I know tax transcripts or taxes with all W-2's and attached schedules are needed).

Timeline

Ok so far we have:

Lilacvioletiris May 3 - Approved!

jasonandsarah May 4

corcor May 7

Kevbev09 May 12

Frenzyheart May 17th

Jay & Beverley (aka Bevie) May 19th

Supportgeek May 20th

Keep them coming Montreal! You have been making dreams come true!

I know the tax forms are necessary for the I-864. Montreal didn't ask for them, so my fiance' didn't give the tax forms to the visa assistant, because he had already given the deposits into bank account letter. Is it possible to get that kind of letter from your grandfather? If not, if his taxes prove his income, that may be enough (and I haven't completely started reading the I-864 affidavit of support documentation list yet but I know tax transcripts or taxes with all W-2's and attached schedules are needed).

At this point? Getting the letter from him would take too long. We've got the letter from his employer with all his employment info, plus all the documents from the past 3 years for his job AND his social security/pension. I guess we're just going to have to go on a hope and a prayer that it'll be okay. It'll be my own fault if it isn't. *sigh*

Thanks lilac.

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

ROC

Timeline

At this point? Getting the letter from him would take too long. We've got the letter from his employer with all his employment info, plus all the documents from the past 3 years for his job AND his social security/pension. I guess we're just going to have to go on a hope and a prayer that it'll be okay. It'll be my own fault if it isn't. *sigh*

Thanks lilac.

Hopefully it will be enough. It took my bank a week to print out a list of deposits that they developed in excel, then they signed it and stamped it with the bank stamp and wrote their phone numbers on it. Montreal seemed happy with that. I will be glad when you hear the Magic Words in Montreal.

Timeline

We have just added another lucky Montreal interviewee!

Lilacvioletiris May 3 - Approved!

jasonandsarah May 4

corcor May 7

Kevbev09 May 12

Frenzyheart May 17th

Jay & Beverley (aka Bevie) May 19th

jennie1921 May 19th

Supportgeek May 20th

Looks like two VJers will be at the Montreal consulate on May 19!

Keep them coming Montreal! You have been making dreams come true!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.