lilacvioletiris

K-1 May interviews Montreal !!!!

227 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hehe! I can only imagine!! I hope you guys celebrated properly!

what's your plan now? when are you POEing?

Congrats to everybody else who got approved!

Yes, did anybody hear of Jennie1921?

KevBev, any news?

I am flying out the 5th of June. I am guessing my POE will be Halifax airport. When i fly out of there i always do US customs there. We're planning on getting married the 28thish of June.

Timeline

and it looks like my xpresspost mailer went out today!

That's awesome! That is soon!!

So in a little over a month you will be Mrs. Jay ;) ... cant wait to hear more about it!

Interview is now in about 3 weeks... getting pretty nervous!

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Timeline

I was quite shocked to see it had been accepted at mtl post office Friday morning. I didnt expect it but it was a nice surprise, now that Monday is a holiday though.. i may have to wait until Tuesday/Wednesday... which is okay because i am not heading straight home. I'm still in Ottawa with Jay ( last few hours together for a couple weeks) and some friends then i am off for a few days with another friend before i return home. It wont be long, it's hard to believe that this huge road block is over!! (:

I bet, but like everyone seems to say it's really painless. Is Matt going to be there, too? I think they asked Jay more questions than they asked me. Which is fine because i was just holding my sh!t together. Then when she said she was happy to approve us it was a huge release of tension.

Sorry, I haven't been on here much, kind of depressed to be the only one not approved. I did call DoS last Wed (after a week) and they just said, everything is in order but they're still processing it. I check my xpress tracking number several times a day.

I have been at my parents' house since we left Montreal, I addressed the envelope here expecting to get it quickly but now I feel like I've outstayed my welcome. Don't wanna go home.. my living situation was pretty bad and I already said goodbye to everyone. Kevin keeps telling me, just hang in there, it will come soon. Sucks that tomorrow's a holiday and an extra day of not knowing. Should I even bother trying to email the consulate? Running outta options at the moment. :(

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Timeline

I can totally see me feeling the same way. If something had gone wrong i would be crushed. It does suck that tomorrow is a Holiday. I'd email them, it's worth a try.. though i did hear they are backlogged on their email much like their mail.. but you might get a quick response.

I cant even imagine what you are feeling. I've got my fingers crossed for you for this week!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I can totally see me feeling the same way. If something had gone wrong i would be crushed. It does suck that tomorrow is a Holiday. I'd email them, it's worth a try.. though i did hear they are backlogged on their email much like their mail.. but you might get a quick response.

I cant even imagine what you are feeling. I've got my fingers crossed for you for this week!

Did Kevin try to call his congressman? I mean, the ambassy is holding your passport, and it's been a week. They told you a week, and even though you shouldn't take what they say for granted, they have your passport, which in my book they should hurry up and send back... With the Visa!

I don't know, but if I were you, I'd get Kevin to call this week...

Hope this gets resolved soon!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So when are your POE's scheduled and weddings planned? It will be interesting to see how many of us go through AOS together. Do I have the information straight that I pulled from this topic or your timelines? Thankfully we got our interviews before the visa fee increase. Just saw a posting about that in the K-1 forum.

Lilacvioletiris May 3 - Approved! (POE planned July 1, Wedding planned July 11)

jasonandsarah May 4 - Approved!

corcor May 7 - Approved! (POE May, wedding May 23)

WF & TS May 7 - Approved!

Arcadia May 11 - Approved!

Kevbev09 May 12 - Administrative Processing

Frenzyheart May 17th - Approved! (POE planned Aug. 22, wedding planned 10/10/10)

Jay & Beverley (aka Bevie) May 19th - Approved! (POE June 5, wedding planned June 28)

jennie1921 May 19th - unknown

Supportgeek May 20th - Approved!

Did Kevin try to call his congressman? I mean, the ambassy is holding your passport, and it's been a week. They told you a week, and even though you shouldn't take what they say for granted, they have your passport, which in my book they should hurry up and send back... With the Visa!

I don't know, but if I were you, I'd get Kevin to call this week...

Hope this gets resolved soon!

He wanted to avoid contacting a congressman unless necessary, said it would probably take a long time as well, but if we don't hear anything tomorrow I will ask him to. I think he looked into it the first week and said there was a form he'd have to fill out to send a request to the senator. Not sure about calling.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Thankfully we got our interviews before the visa fee increase. Just saw a posting about that in the K-1 forum.

Where did you see that exactly? When is it gonna increase? Not by my interview on june 1st i hope?? :blink:

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

He wanted to avoid contacting a congressman unless necessary, said it would probably take a long time as well, but if we don't hear anything tomorrow I will ask him to. I think he looked into it the first week and said there was a form he'd have to fill out to send a request to the senator. Not sure about calling.

Yeah, there is a form he needs to fill in and fax back... I was just thinking that if someone if calling Montreal about this it might get the ball rolling for you... Don't forget that Kevin's congressman is being paid with Kevin's taxes, so you guys shouldn't feel bad about getting someone in his office involved...

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Timeline

Where did you see that exactly? When is it gonna increase? Not by my interview on june 1st i hope?? blink.gif

there is a thread about it on the K1 progress forum.

You're good for sure, as it takes effect on june 4th.

I have my interview on june 14th, so Im not sure what will happen. :( grrrr.

Im thinking I might be ok, since it says 131$ on my interview letter. It wouldnt be fair to say I owe 350$ when I show up if they have told me it was 131$ already.

The wording is funny, t could mean when we apply, at the interview, or when we apply, thruoght the ds-160 form.

So I'll be curious to see what happens after the 4th....

AoS Process

event.png

Timeline

Sorry, I haven't been on here much, kind of depressed to be the only one not approved. I did call DoS last Wed (after a week) and they just said, everything is in order but they're still processing it. I check my xpress tracking number several times a day.

I have been at my parents' house since we left Montreal, I addressed the envelope here expecting to get it quickly but now I feel like I've outstayed my welcome. Don't wanna go home.. my living situation was pretty bad and I already said goodbye to everyone. Kevin keeps telling me, just hang in there, it will come soon. Sucks that tomorrow's a holiday and an extra day of not knowing. Should I even bother trying to email the consulate? Running outta options at the moment. sad.gif

Im sorry this is happening. I keep checking to see if you have gotten any news.

I hope this gets resolved very soon for you. It just sucks to be in limbo once again.

AoS Process

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

there is a thread about it on the K1 progress forum.

You're good for sure, as it takes effect on june 4th.

I have my interview on june 14th, so Im not sure what will happen. :( grrrr.

Im thinking I might be ok, since it says 131$ on my interview letter. It wouldnt be fair to say I owe 350$ when I show up if they have told me it was 131$ already.

The wording is funny, t could mean when we apply, at the interview, or when we apply, thruoght the ds-160 form.

So I'll be curious to see what happens after the 4th....

I would make sure you have $350 just in case. I put the link in the June thread.

Timeline

I was quite shocked to see it had been accepted at mtl post office Friday morning. I didnt expect it but it was a nice surprise, now that Monday is a holiday though.. i may have to wait until Tuesday/Wednesday... which is okay because i am not heading straight home. I'm still in Ottawa with Jay ( last few hours together for a couple weeks) and some friends then i am off for a few days with another friend before i return home. It wont be long, it's hard to believe that this huge road block is over!! (:

I bet, but like everyone seems to say it's really painless. Is Matt going to be there, too? I think they asked Jay more questions than they asked me. Which is fine because i was just holding my sh!t together. Then when she said she was happy to approve us it was a huge release of tension.

that's awesome. What a great way to distract yourself while you are waiting for your visa too.

Yeah... I hope it is painless for me too. Matt wasnt sure he was going to be there for the interview, but Im not giving him a choice! ;) He is great in that sort of situations whereas I get super nervous and frazzled. I hope they ask him all the questions! Hearing about kevbev's story makes me nervous too... you just never know.

I would make sure you have $350 just in case. I put the link in the June thread.

Yes, of course we will.

But I dont think it would be right. Not everybody is on VJ or stalking the DOS website. It isnt even on the Montreal consulate website.

AoS Process

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.