Obama 2012

Immigrants heading to Washington to push reforms.

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

See, I look at this as an excellent opportunity to round 'em up and ship 'em out.

I mean, what better way to find a bunch of illegals than them walking right up to your front door.

The fact that they'll do this and not even be touched is infuriating in itself....

------------

http://www.wfaa.com/news/national/88444407.html

NEW YORK (AP) — Tens of thousands of immigrants are making their way across the country to the nation's capital to rally Sunday on immigration reform.

Organizers hope to see as many as 100,000 people. Mostly Hispanic, they include day laborers walking from Hempstead, N.Y., and Californians who sold tamales and fruit to pay for their trip. At least 700 buses are expected from 28 states.

They will likely have to share attention on the same day as a possible vote in Congress on health care reform.

That's one of the issues that has sidelined President Obama's campaign promise of reform and possible legalization for the estimated 12 million people in the U.S. illegally.

Reform advocates met with Obama last week. He also met with lawmakers who are drafting legislation. It's not clear if Congress will get him a bill this year.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

You still assume that anybody in power would have any interest in detaining undocumented immigrants.

Why is it so difficult for you to grasp that (a) this country (meaning big businesses as well as agricultural businesses, construction businesses and even small households) depend on these people in a big way, and (b) that no politician will do something that might not be popular as being voted for as a politician is nothing else than a popularity contest. He who gets the most votes wins, so why jeopardizing Hispanic votes by doing something that is unpopular among Hispanic voters?

Detaining undocumented immigrants and deport them is a fairly easy task as I outlined on another post. But only few people really want that, and politicians are not among those people.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

You still assume that anybody in power would have any interest in detaining undocumented immigrants.

Why is it so difficult for you to grasp that (a) this country (meaning big businesses as well as agricultural businesses, construction businesses and even small households) depend on these people in a big way,

Depend on them? Are you kidding me... Especially in the economy of today, Americans would gladly take those jobs that you THINK they won't do... Don't be foolish to think that Americans aren't willing to work the tough jobs.

and (b) that no politician will do something that might not be popular as being voted for as a politician is nothing else than a popularity contest. He who gets the most votes wins, so why jeopardizing Hispanic votes by doing something that is unpopular among Hispanic voters?

Because frankly, they shouldn't give a damn about the 'hispanic' voters and should give a damn about the country and the rule of law.

Detaining undocumented immigrants and deport them is a fairly easy task as I outlined on another post. But only few people really want that, and politicians are not among those people.

Not as easy as you think. Many law enforcement officials have laws in cities/states that prohibit them from looking into someone's legality or even detaining them if known to be illegal.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Funny how the word 'illegal' is left out of news stories.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

Funny how the word 'illegal' is left out of news stories.

They'd hate to offend the illegals in question.... :whistle:

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

If I drive without a license, am I simply an "undocumented driver"?

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If I drive without a license, am I simply an "undocumented driver"?

:rofl::thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Yes illegal is not politically correct. Remember that the government not only owns our bodies and tells us what we can put inside us or not in use but they alsp control what we can think and say.

1984-was-not-supposed-to-be-an-instruction-manual.jpg

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes illegal is not politically correct. Remember that the government not only owns our bodies and tells us what we can put inside us or not in use but they alsp control what we can think and say.

It has nothing to do with poltical correctness. It is just plain ignorant. Do you know that in fact they are all illegally here? I dind't think so, so stfu Archie Bunker.

Filed: Timeline

So Hispanic = illegal?

Don't be silly. The 'reform' being advocated here is reform that will legalize the illegal/undocumented. That kind of 'reform' does not apply to legal Hispanics. The Hispanic angle exists in this story only because Hispanics/Mexicans are such a large bloc of the illegal/undocumented.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing some form of amnesty given out to the illegal/undocumented, as long as beneficiaries of this amnesty were permanently disqualified from petitioning family members.

Also, before doing any of that I'd much rather see 'reform' targeted at fixing the broken legal immigration system. Everyone on this site knows it's a mess.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.