SmallBoss

I sent our AOS to the wrong address

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I was reading the PDF and for some odd reason just kept reading it until I found what state we are in and where I should send it.

This was 6 weeks ago, I keep calling USCIS with no other info to share, then finally today the lady says you sent it to the wrong address, it should not have gone to the Nebraska Address, but to the

Chicago IL Locked Box.

So I continue to talk with her after arguing the fact that I did send it to the wrong place, and she said the Nebraska Service Center would forward it on.

So my Question today is this:

- Is there a way to contact this office (NSC) and let them know of my mistake?

I called USCIS again and they where telling me to prepare another document package without the check, kinda like an amendment package.

Thank You

Any Help would be appreciated

SB

Have you seen the size of these service centers? They're not likely to be able to track your misaddressed package (that may/may-not have a bar code on it yet) until it gets either sent back to you (which I doubt at this point) or forwarded to the correct service center. Once it is where it is supposed to be, you'll process like normal. Right now - USCIS is transitioning the AOS process and misdirected AOS-packages are specifically referenced (see news article link below). Do this after the end of March and your package would have gotten rejected back to you right away (that might actually have been better in your case) rather than forwarding them on.

Long story short - If it were me, I'd give it some more time before getting too panicky. It may actually be where it is supposed to be or at least on its way.

http://www.visajourney.com/news/

Timeline

Thank you for the quick reply.

The lady on the phone, really didn't see it as an issue, but then again, it is not her status we are dealing with, my Wife is upset and I have no answers for her, so maybe all things will fall into place.

Re creating the package would just be a hassle but I could do it if needed, it was a very detailed very large package with Tax returns, Sealed Medial, Shots History and all the other stuff that goes along with the 485.

Thank You

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It happened to me, I sent my AOS package to Nebraska instead of Chicago last Dec 2009 but they still processed my application...I worry also but after 2 weeks I received a letter from USCIS that they got my application and cheque...so don't worry too much!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was reading the PDF and for some odd reason just kept reading it until I found what state we are in and where I should send it.

This was 6 weeks ago, I keep calling USCIS with no other info to share, then finally today the lady says you sent it to the wrong address, it should not have gone to the Nebraska Address, but to the

Chicago IL Locked Box.

So I continue to talk with her after arguing the fact that I did send it to the wrong place, and she said the Nebraska Service Center would forward it on.

So my Question today is this:

- Is there a way to contact this office (NSC) and let them know of my mistake?

I called USCIS again and they where telling me to prepare another document package without the check, kinda like an amendment package.

Thank You

Any Help would be appreciated

SB

When did you mail your application?

Timeline

I sent the package on Feb 2nd of 2010, they signed it in at Nebraska on the 3rd, and I have been waiting every since.

My Wife's I-94 is expired ( around 3 months now) [From all my calls with the USCIS this isn't an issue]

Her Passport will expire March of 2011

Personal Check has not been cashed.

- I did however send an email to the Nebraska Office last night, I hope someone will see it and I send the US Postal Service Info along with the email, showing them the tracking number and who signed it in.

Thanks

• 7 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

To where should I mail the AOS package ?? I have everything done but cant find the address

Look up USCIS page and click on I-485 instructions which you should already have printed :whistle:

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

The instructions are here on page 5 (you are adjusting from K1 visa), the address is in page 6: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

For USPS Deliveries:

USCIS

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4107

For Couriers/Express Deliveries:

USCIS

Attn: FBAS

131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

To where should I mail the AOS package ?? I have everything done but cant find the address

If they can't find it, then it's unlikely they will return the package intact. Sadly, you will need to get it from the civil surgeon again.

I paid $150 for ours (that was $300 for my daughter and I), but they gave me one extra sealed envelope and one open one, just in case.

Anyone know if it is possible to get the "Sealed Medical" stuff again, I am going to start building my package today, just in case.

I assume I just go back to same doctor and pay again and get it.

ty

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Oh. My. God.

Just reading this thread and realised I've done the same thing and sent it to the wrong address. I could actually cry right now. In my rush to send the damn thing off I must have skim-read the instruction form and I've sent the ****ing thing to Phoenix! HOW COULD I EVEN MANAGE THAT?

Ahhh! Help! :crying:

Best you can do is monitor the check to see if it is cashed, and wait for the NOA1.

Oh. My. God.

Just reading this thread and realised I've done the same thing and sent it to the wrong address. I could actually cry right now. In my rush to send the damn thing off I must have skim-read the instruction form and I've sent the ****ing thing to Phoenix! HOW COULD I EVEN MANAGE THAT?

Ahhh! Help! :crying:

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Will they just forward it to the right place? I am completely freaking out right now. I'm such an idiot! I check our account daily anyway so I'll see if the cheque is cashed but I'm worried that it's lost forever in the vast bureaucracy of USCIS.

At least my husband isn't here to remind me of what an idiot I am. His reaction when I just told him was "Are you serious?" *straight back to sleep*

Once again, Aaaaahhhhhh!

As luck would have it, the whole package was sent back to me today. Woo! Now to spend the next hour removing the gigantic staples shoved through it and re-send it. I can deal with a few hours of panic. Such a relief!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.