~Johnny~

ATT..you are the WORST...Dropped my call just when I was getting MNL number!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Arrrggghh... This iPhone has been wortless at bad connections for a year...and now I finally was get through to NVC...and talk to a person who confirms my email and specifics, and says the case was received Fri and just about to give me MNL case number.....BOOM...my ATT iPhone (like is has done so many times in a yr) drops the call....... :bonk:

Now...back to calling and getting busy signal.....

~Johnny~

Arrrggghh... This iPhone has been wortless at bad connections for a year...and now I finally was get through to NVC...and talk to a person who confirms my email and specifics, and says the case was received Fri and just about to give me MNL case number.....BOOM...my ATT iPhone (like is has done so many times in a yr) drops the call....... :bonk:

I don't have an iPhone but I've had similar situations with cell phones, regular wireless phones, internetetc, just at critical times the useful POS dies on you!!! I know how good it would feel to throw it out the window hahaha. I remember trying to get tickets to Elton John and I was on hold for a long time. This was in a smaller venue and I knew he would sell out in minutes. So I finally get a human, am giving out my visa number to pick up tickets and just as I go to read the last few numbers, the phone dies !!!!! So I frantically call back to get the busy signal for the next 20 minutes so I hung up and howled at the moon. Well it was daylight but you know what I mean. Needless to say, the concert sold out and we didn't get tickets.

But that's just on example.

Techology is superb but the ugly side surfaces. Won't talk about losing documents on my computer when I was working on my degree years ago. That'll make me nuts just thinking about it. Oh and I just lost my inbox a few weeks ago on outlook, so I'm thrilled about that. All my emails and contact information I had stored up in my inbox....all gone.

There, I've almost kinded of ranted on your thread. I think I feel better. Thanks.

Good luck.

2007 Nov 30: Met in Las Vegas, Nevada

2009 Jul 13: Proposed/Engaged in Sedona, Arizona

2009 Dec 26: Married in Tucson, Arizona

USCIS

2009 Dec 30: Filed I-130

2010 Jan 02: I-130 delivered

2010 Jan 07: NOA1 - email - CSC

2010 Jan 11: Received NOA1 hardcopy

2010 Mar 24: NOA2 - email & text - NVC

2010 Mar 29: Received NOA2 hardcopy

I-130 was approved in 76 days from NOA1 date

NVC

2010 Mar 30: NVC received - case# assigned - emails given to NVC

2010 Mar 30: Opted in - DS3032 emailed to NVC

2010 Mar 31: Received AOS bill & DS3032 - paid AOS

2010 Apr 05: Online payment portal confirms paid AOS(Apr 2 processing date)

2010 Apr 05: Sent I-864 package

2010 Apr 15: EP confirmation email

2010 Apr 15: IV bill generated & paid

2010 Apr 15: Email confirmation - receipt of DS3032

2010 Apr 16: IV bill confirmed paid - sent DS230 package

2010 Apr 19: NVC operator confirms I864 & DS230 documents have been received

2010 Apr 21: AVR confirms all documents received Apr 19th

2010 Apr 23: Email from NVC: case complete - confirmed by NVC - sign in fail

Completed in 24 days

CONSULATE

2010 May 27: Email from NVC - consulate received file - interview Montreal Jul 27th

2010 Jun 16: Medical @ Woking Medical Centre, Vancouver, Canada - APPROVED

2010 Jul 27: Interview @ US Consulate in Montreal, Canada - APPROVED

Your interview took 201 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

2010 Aug 13:POE Washington - APPROVED

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

2012 May 14 - mailed I-751

2012 May 16 - delivered @ CSC

2012 Jun 18 - I 551 stamp

2012 Jun 28 - biometrics appointment NOA notice date Jun 7

2012 Dec 20 - approved

Timeline

Rant Away!! I'm still trying to get through to NVC again...like an hour later... :angry::angry:

Ohhh yeah, feeling like tossing this electronic through the window! But I'll still be paying a data plan even if I don't have the phone....Worst part is that the signal was 5 bars when I called NVC...so no issues there....just POS phone and POS network.

~Johnny~

In my local area AT$T sucks too, I have Apple everything but phone, and I'm not going to while they are exclusive to AT$T.

T-mobile works best in my area, but their customer service blows chunks..... can't win either way...

I-129F Mailed 13DEC09
I-129F Received 16DEC09
NOA1 Dated 16DEC09
NOA2 Dated 18MAR10 Your I-129f was approved in 92 days from your NOA1 date.
Date Package Received By NVC : 27MAR10
Your interview took 153 days from your I-129F NOA1 date
Arrival in USA 06Jun10
Married 20AUG10
AOS File 19APR11

Son born 26NOV12

removal of conditions filed 11JUN13

Biometrics appt 09JUL13

Well my friend... to call NVC Monday sucks!!!

I've been calling all morning and just busy, busy, busy, busy....

Good Luck!

F1 Category USCIS

01-25-2006 Case Approved.

NVC

03-10-2010 Case completed

06-26-2010 Interview Date Assigned

Embassy :

07-29-2010 : Medical Exam

08-10-2010 : Interview Date @ 6: 15 AM. Approved

10-07-2010 : Visa Received

USA:

10/30/2010 : POE @ EWR

11/10/2010 Recieved auto SSN, 11 days after POE

12/07/2010 Welcome letter received

12/11/2010 Green Card on hand.

Naturalization:

03/26/2016 N-400 Filing Date (Sent package to Dallas, TX via USPS Priority Mail)

03/29/2016 N-400 package delivered

04/01/2016 Payment Charged to Credit Card.

04/04/2016 NOA Received via E-mail and Tex

t04/08/2016 NOA Received via USPS First Class mail (04/02/2016).

04/25/2016 Fingerprints. (Letter received on 04/15/16)

04/29/2016 In Line.

06/20/2016 Interview Letter

07/25/2016 Interview

08/01/2016 Oath Ceremony

that sucks!! I havent had a problem with AT&T dropping my calls...maybe a couple of times in the 2 years I have used them (they switched to AT&T here in alaska when they bought out Cellone)

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Don't blame the iPhone - it's AT&T that sucks & people have been trying to tell Apple that for a while...

There's a rumor that Apple's contract w/AT&T is going to end soon - Apple knows how much people hate AT&T (if you watched the keynote for the iPad, there were a bunch of GROANS from the audience when Steve Jobs announced that it would use 3G through AT&T).

I think that is why Apple also announced that the 3G version would be 'without a contract'. I think Apple is making plans for the iPhone and iPad to be available to other carriers as soon as their contract w/AT&T is over. Neither Apple nor AT&T will give specifics about when that contract is over, because I think most would wait to purchase one until then.

AT&T sucks.

Marriage : 2009-06-30

CSC: 155 days

I-130: 2009-10-01

NOA1: 2009-10-15

NOA2: 2010-03-05

I-129F: 2009-10-16

NOA1: 2009-10-23

NOA2: 2010-03-05

NVC: 60 days

Case #: 2010-03-11

AOS Paid: 2010-03-15

IV Bill Paid: 2010-03-24

Package Sent: 2010-03-29

AVR says received: 2010-04-02

RFE: 2010-04-13

Sign in Fail: 2010-05-10

CONSULATE: 17 days

Medical: 2010-06-04

Interview: 2010-06-15 - APPROVED!

Visa rcv'd: 2010-06-21

POE: 2010-06-29 LAX (286 Days from when we started this whole mess!)

CSC- ROC

Mailed 2012-06-05

NOA1 2012-06-07

Biometrics 2012-07-16

RFE 2013-02-06

Timeline

that sucks!! I havent had a problem with AT&T dropping my calls...maybe a couple of times in the 2 years I have used them (they switched to AT&T here in alaska when they bought out Cellone)

Well...actually, My ATT "everything" worked great in Alaska.. (my iphone and blackberry I had before iphone)...and it worked good when ATT was Alascom...as well.. I lived up there 17 years...but since moving to San Diego, which..you would think would have much more cell towers and better reception...but no... :angry:

What ticks me off most is that I finally got through to a person at NVC after 40 minutes of redials...then got almost a case number out of them before it dropped the call...I mean she was just about to give me the case number!! I just tried for the last hour and gave up on trying to get back in. Maybe I'll try later tonight or tomorrow, at least I know they have my case and it has a number and they have my email address.

Edited by ~Johnny~

~Johnny~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well...actually, My ATT "everything" worked great in Alaska.. (my iphone and blackberry I had before iphone)...and it worked good when ATT was Alascom...as well.. I lived up there 17 years...but since moving to San Diego, which..you would think would have much more cell towers and better reception...but no... :angry:

What ticks me off most is that I finally got through to a person at NVC after 40 minutes of redials...then got almost a case number out of them before it dropped the call...I mean she was just about to give me the case number!! I just tried for the last hour and gave up on trying to get back in. Maybe I'll try later tonight or tomorrow, at least I know they have my case and it has a number and they have my email address.

Congratulations! I am happy for you. CSC approved my K-1 petition on March 3rd. I called NVC, but they have not received my case yet. I am getting worried now.

Regards,

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

You have an approved case and you're grumping about your cell service instead of being happy? All cell providers have their moments. Just be glad your life is moving forward with or without a crappy cell service.

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

lol my friend if you have that many complaints with iphone no one gota gun on your shoulder that you have to use only iphone its your choice and as far as with a data plan you can tell att that you lost your iphone and you want to cancel the data plan they will cancel it now stop cryin abt your cell phone here.

Timeline

lol my friend if you have that many complaints with iphone no one gota gun on your shoulder that you have to use only iphone its your choice and as far as with a data plan you can tell att that you lost your iphone and you want to cancel the data plan they will cancel it now stop cryin abt your cell phone here.

Uhh my "friend" WALI.. :whistle: ...you must not know much about AT&T and 2 year contracts. You don't really think they care if you lost the phone? You gotta be joking??? This is AT&T!! Their customer service is known as being the worst. But in 11 months my 2 yr contract is up....and I will likely not be using AT&T. And for the record...I'm a bit ticked and NOT crying about it! So get off my back!! :bonk:

~Johnny~

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Uhh my "friend" WALI.. :whistle: ...you must not know much about AT&T and 2 year contracts. You don't really think they care if you lost the phone? You gotta be joking??? This is AT&T!! Their customer service is known as being the worst. But in 11 months my 2 yr contract is up....and I will likely not be using AT&T. And for the record...I'm a bit ticked and NOT crying about it! So get off my back!! :bonk:

[/quote

well i dono who you talk to but i hav been with att for 8 yrs no prob with customer service and i am using my 2nd i phone now its 3gs first one was 3g so the point is i went back home and lost my phone there then got back in the US couldnt get the iphone coz i had to wait for upgrade discount meanwhile i was using my old phone told att that i no longer have the iphone so i dont need the data plan they took the data plan off and im not on your back this website is about to guide ppl in their immigrant path not to hear you cryin abt your phone problems and verizon pays early termination for you if you switch so you dont have to wait that 11 mo too ok try to be little more smart for Godsake

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.