Nina~

Canadians Fight Back

35 posts in this topic

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzJ2NKp23WU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzJ2NKp23WU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzJ2NKp23WU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
If you throw sand in a sandbox, you're going to get sand in your mouth.

What, you can't respect Paul McCartney without agreeing with his views? John Lennon was even more radical than Paul. Which one fits into your John Birch Society standard of goodness?

you still want to spew your beliefs fine ... have at it. enjoy digging your hole in the sandbox.

your choice to hero worship a musician is rather cute though ....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey now, don't disrespect Sir Paul. You can disagree with his views, but he's one of the greatest living legends of all time.

Michael Jackson was a legend to some as the "king of pop"....but look at his life.....a complete joke the last (I don't know how many years) of his life. Whacko-Jacko.

Sometimes (some) artists should just keep their views to themselves, instead of using their fame to speak out. They just look like idiots (in Paul's case esp)

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Michael Jackson was a legend to some as the "king of pop"....but look at his life.....a complete joke the last (I don't know how many years) of his life. Whacko-Jacko.

Sometimes (some) artists should just keep their views to themselves, instead of using their fame to speak out. They just look like idiots (in Paul's case esp)

Just because you don't agree with Paul McCartney's views doesn't make him a "fvckin moron." He's a brilliant and likeable man. Do I agree with with some of his views? No. Does that mean I can't still respect him as a person and an artist? No.

And as far as celebrities voicing their opinions...would you say the same about these fellas?

ted-nugent[1]-709168.jpgchuck_norris.jpg

you still want to spew your beliefs fine ... have at it. enjoy digging your hole in the sandbox.

your choice to hero worship a musician is rather cute though ....

Hero worship would be changing my display name to Paul McCartney.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

well, that's why I said (some) artists.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

seal_clubbers.jpg

sold only in canada

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Canada Parliament eats seal to defy "ignorant" EU

By David Ljunggren – Wed Mar 10, 3:35 pm ET

OTTAWA (Reuters) – Canadian parliamentarians tucked into a meal of seal meat on Wednesday to defy both animal right activists and the European Union, which has banned imports of seal products.

Some two dozen guests, surrounded on all sides by media, crammed into a small room off the main parliamentary restaurant to hear speeches backing the annual hunt off Canada's East Coast, which the EU says is inhumane.

"This support begins on the plates of Canadians," said federal Fisheries Minister Gail Shea as she prepared to eat three small medallions of double-smoked bacon-wrapped seal loin in a port reduction.

The EU imposed its ban last year after a decades-long fight by what Shea called "misguided and mean-spirited" anti-seal-hunt activists. The seals are either shot or hit over the head with a spiked club called a hakapik, which critics say is cruel.

All of Canada's major political parties say they are in favour of the hunt, which takes place on ice floes in March and April.

"The Europeans simply don't know what they're talking about. Since time began human beings have lived with animals and they have culled animals," said Michael Ignatieff, leader of the main opposition Liberal Party.

He spoke at an earlier reception where waiters passed through the room carrying platters of seal terrine snacks. Ignatieff ate several for the benefit of photographers.

"It tastes delicious, actually. It's a meaty taste, a little gamy," he declared.

The meal was arranged by Liberal Senator Celine Hervieux-Payette, who said the hunt provided income for fishing communities in the Atlantic.

"We're sending a message to the European parliamentarians ... we want to say something so that opponents do not take to the floor with lies," she told reporters.

The EU ban has slashed demand for seal furs, meat and oil. Poor weather conditions and a lack of ice mean this year's hunt could be scrapped.

What a hoot! Why are our politicians so boring? The UK and Canada have awesome politicians when it comes to stuff like this, their debates are much livelier and blunt...downright funny.

seal_clubbers.jpg

sold only in canada

OMG!!!!!!! :rofl:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Why don't they go for walruses instead of seals?

walrus.jpg

They do. They shoot them. No one could swing the clubs. Animal rights activists dont care about walruses because they are ugly.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
and yet you are an organizer on j ..what a waste for vj ...

you have no balls ... and blow the wind ....

Mister Hyde is out tonight....and it's not even Friday night yet.

(Dr. Jekyll from earlier today...before drinking the potion :rofl:)

NattyQuote.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
and yet you are an organizer on j ..what a waste for vj ...

i've stated before that i'm the one that nominated steven for organizer - perhaps you should take that issue up with me. :star:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!