cfosterart

Not exactly sure about NVC

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So now that my K1 has been approved, I know the case goes to NVC but I don't exactly understand what to do now. Do I get a form to fill out and pay more money? Will my guy get something to complete and send back also? What exactly am I supposed to do next? :blink:

I know eventually it will go to the consolate and then the packet 3 is sent out. However, I'm totally clueless as to the NVC step.

Can anyone shed some light? I read the post that has the flow chart in it and I just don't get it at all. :wacko:

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

well, im sailing in the same boat.... since your file has just gotten approved wait for a couple of days... because NVC won't have your file .... but will receive it in 3-4 business days.... you can call them at 1-603-334-0700... to find out whether they have received your case, if yeah, they will give you a new case number ...

good luck !!

K-1 Journey....

05/15/2006 - Sent to TSC (Day 1)

05/30/2006 - NOA 1

07/21/2006 - NOA 2

08/23/2006 - INTERVIEW SUCCESSFUL!! (Day 99)[/b]

08/24/2006 - Visa Issued......08/30/2006 --- Visa in HAND !!!

09/02/2006 - REUNITED

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09/07/2006 - Married

09/07/2006 - Applied for SSN

09/13/2006 - Picked-up Marriage Certificate's from the COURTHOUSE

09/13/2006 - Vaccinations DONE !!!

09/21/2006 - SSN received

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09/21/2006 - Mailed out I-485 Package to Chicago.

10/02/2006 - NOA recevied

10/06/2006 - Letter Received for Biometrics

10/10/2006 - Biometric's Done !!! Appointment for Biometric's originally was on 10/14/2006

10/23/2006 - Case Transfered to CSC

10/27/2006 - Case received at CSC

11/09/2006 - E-mail recevied from CRIS saying AOS Approved and welcome notice mailed.

11/14/2006 - An approval letter mailed.

11/15/2006 - Green Card Received !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8/15/2008 - Mailed out I-751 Package to Nebreska. (mail fwd to Cali)

8/21/2008 - Package delivered.

8/25/2008 - Check Cashed/Cleared.

8/29/2008 - NOA Received.

So now that my K1 has been approved, I know the case goes to NVC but I don't exactly understand what to do now. Do I get a form to fill out and pay more money? Will my guy get something to complete and send back also? What exactly am I supposed to do next? :blink:

I know eventually it will go to the consolate and then the packet 3 is sent out. However, I'm totally clueless as to the NVC step.

Can anyone shed some light? I read the post that has the flow chart in it and I just don't get it at all. :wacko:

Thanks!

NVC will assign a case number and then forward this to the US Embassy. I am sure, the US Embassy will mail out the detailed instructions to the applicant. You can call NVC and try to speak with an operator live. The number is: 603-334-0700, then option 1 for English, then option 5 to speak with an operator live.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

They also run security checks on both petitioner and beneficiary. It may take a few weeks or a few months, depending on the hits they get and the country the beneficiary's from. You'll learn more about it here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...security+checks

Good luck!

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

The link on security checks refers to immigrant visa applications which I thought only referred to IR/CR-1. The I-156 completed for the K-3 is for a non-immigrant visa whereas the DS-230 completed for the IR/CR-1 is for an immigrant visa. Does NVC process both K-3 and IR/CR-1's as if there is immigration intent regardless of the application type?

They also run security checks on both petitioner and beneficiary. It may take a few weeks or a few months, depending on the hits they get and the country the beneficiary's from. You'll learn more about it here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...security+checks

Good luck!

I-130...CR-1

02/27/06 Filed CR-1, I-130 thru TSC

07/26/06 NVC assigns case #, Wife e-mails choice of agent to NVC

10/10/06 Receive, complete and submit I-864 and DS-230

04/02/07 Back to Taiwan for visit and Interview

04/06/07 Received CR-1 visa

04/10/07 POE through Detroit

04/30/07 2 Year Green Card Received

Lifting Conditions

01/10/09 File I-751 at VSC

06/24/09 Received 10 year GC

Citizenship

07/27/10 Filing Date for N-400

08/03/10 Check cashed - as of 8/26 never received NOA so made InfoPass

08/31/10 InfoPass for Biometrics

11/10/10 Interview Date, Passed

02/18/11 Scheduled oath ceremony

Timeline
The link on security checks refers to immigrant visa applications which I thought only referred to IR/CR-1. The I-156 completed for the K-3 is for a non-immigrant visa whereas the DS-230 completed for the IR/CR-1 is for an immigrant visa. Does NVC process both K-3 and IR/CR-1's as if there is immigration intent regardless of the application type?

Good luck!

I'm not sure I can answer your question (I wish aussiewench could step in and help). I know K1s are non-immigrant visas and they do run checks on them too...

Here, more info: http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/Secu...tiveReview.html

Timeline (incompleta)

Thanks!

NVC will assign a case number and then forward this to the US Embassy. I am sure, the US Embassy will mail out the detailed instructions to the applicant. You can call NVC and try to speak with an operator live. The number is: 603-334-0700, then option 1 for English, then option 5 to speak with an operator live.

Even though K-1 is a nonimmigrant visa, the beneficiary would come to USA, marry the petitioner, and adjust his/her status here. So yes, the ultimate intent is to stay in the USA with the US Citizen petitioner spouse. NVC can do background check on K1/K-3 and Cr-1/IR-1 visa applicants and petitioners which can delay the process. But usually, the K visa process at the NVC is aonly about within 3 weeks, whereas for CR-1/IR-1, it can take upto few months, (average time is 2-3 months) depends on how fast the petitioner/beneficiary replies.

NVC Process of I-130:

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Timeline

Actually what I am asking is:

1. Do I have to pay more money to NVC after the K1 approval?

2. Do I have to send anymore papers to NVC?

3. Does my fiance need to send anything to NVC?

Or am I totally out of the loop and this is just a security check area before the case is sent to the consulate?

Thanks!

Or am I totally out of the loop and this is just a security check area before the case is sent to the consulate?

Thanks!

I think, there is a K-1 Visa fee which should be paid prior to the interview. I am not sure, how much the fee is, maybe $100.00, someone can correct me, if it is not the right fee. NVC will forward your case, after they will assign a case number and then the US Embassy will mail the detailed instructions with forms to the beneficiary. The forms that need to be filled out are: I-134 (Notarized Affidavit of Support along with the required documents), DS 230 (Part I and II), DS 156, Ds 157, the Medical report, etc. Embassy's mail to the beneficiary will explain everything in details.

NVC Process of I-130:

Timeline

Thanks!

No, no and no. :)NVC will do their work, assign a case number and send it to the foreign consulate.

Then the info below is fairly accurate. Contents of packet 3 vary in different countries, so you may want to check this at the US embassy in your fiance's country. Also, the fee for the interview ($100 in Brazil) has to be paid before the interview. There will be other expenses, but not directly related to the consulate.

Thanks!

I think, there is a K-1 Visa fee which should be paid prior to the interview. I am not sure, how much the fee is, maybe $100.00, someone can correct me, if it is not the right fee. NVC will forward your case, after they will assign a case number and then the US Embassy will mail the detailed instructions with forms to the beneficiary. The forms that need to be filled out are: I-134 (Notarized Affidavit of Support along with the required documents), DS 230 (Part I and II), DS 156, Ds 157, the Medical report, etc. Embassy's mail to the beneficiary will explain everything in details.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Thanks Mew! That is exactly what I was thinking but I wanted to make sure. I'll worry about Packet 3 in a few days. In the meantime I'll concentrate on tracking my case thru NVC.

:luv:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I thought the DS-230 was only filled in for the CR-1 visa whereas the DS-156 was filled out for the K-3. Can somebody verify this please?

Thanks!

I-130...CR-1

02/27/06 Filed CR-1, I-130 thru TSC

07/26/06 NVC assigns case #, Wife e-mails choice of agent to NVC

10/10/06 Receive, complete and submit I-864 and DS-230

04/02/07 Back to Taiwan for visit and Interview

04/06/07 Received CR-1 visa

04/10/07 POE through Detroit

04/30/07 2 Year Green Card Received

Lifting Conditions

01/10/09 File I-751 at VSC

06/24/09 Received 10 year GC

Citizenship

07/27/10 Filing Date for N-400

08/03/10 Check cashed - as of 8/26 never received NOA so made InfoPass

08/31/10 InfoPass for Biometrics

11/10/10 Interview Date, Passed

02/18/11 Scheduled oath ceremony

Timeline
I thought the DS-230 was only filled in for the CR-1 visa whereas the DS-156 was filled out for the K-3. Can somebody verify this please?

Dude, I'm not sure about K3s and CR1s, but I'm pretty sure K1s have to fill out DS2330 *and* DS156.

no you dont have to pay more money.. it just processes there before it goes to the consulate. it doesnt take long. my petition was only there 3 days :)

You got lucky. Security checks might take longer, up to a few weeks.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.