RosaMystica7

Passport photos question - headscarves?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Why do you think it is everyone elses job to deal with your whims?

If wearing a headscarf was not of vital importance to you 3 months ago, why make a big deal of it now? For national security it is better if people do not cover anything in their pictures. In order to not slow down an already slow process for all of us, it would be nice if folks would just go with the flow.

Filed: Timeline

aselano,

Minor point - it's the petition, I-129f or I-130, that asks for the passport photos to be included. Note the following from the USCIS instructions for assembling petitions:

Pictures:

If pictures are required for an application, please place them in a separate envelope and attach the envelope to the relating application.

Not sure why people seem to think of them as going with G-325A.

Yodrak

I (the USC) was just gonna run out the door to get the passport photos done for my G-325A... .....
Edited by Yodrak

Filed: Timeline
Why do you think it is everyone elses job to deal with your whims?

If wearing a headscarf was not of vital importance to you 3 months ago, why make a big deal of it now? For national security it is better if people do not cover anything in their pictures. In order to not slow down an already slow process for all of us, it would be nice if folks would just go with the flow.

Said a bit harshly, but still true. 3 months is not long to be suddenly in need of a headscarf in your pics. If you are worried in ANY WAY, listen to this advice.

Edited by devilette

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

off topic: i'm just getting very very curious.. what is your religion? sorry for being so ignorance.. sometimes those thing confuse me! (F)

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Nah, I think it's ok to be free of religious expression! If you chooses to wear the headscalf, I think she is ready to deal with RFE and delay even denial during her application. USCIS is not all ignorance like it seems to be, but will you be willing to take a chance and accept a risk of being delay, rfe or denial, or maybe nothing will happen and you get approved. Eitherway, You're ready? Try it out and let us know how it turns out!

Cheers....

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

They're not going to deny her just for wearing a stupid scarf over her hair! Relax... at worst they'd tell her to get another picture minus the offending article. She's not going in in a full veil or something, just talking about one of those old-fashioned headscarves that EVERYONE used to wear!

To the OP, are you Orthodox btw? The only person I know whose religion says that the head should be covered in public (aside from moslems and male Jews) is a convert to Russian Orthodox...

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

My fiance and I will think about it and do whatever we think is best. Thank you for your opinions, and I would appreciate it if there were no more responses... this thread served its purpose and sat with no responses for a week until it was resurrected today. ;)

Edited by aselano

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Filed: Other Timeline
My fiance and I will think about it and do whatever we think is best. Thank you for your opinions, and I would appreciate it if there were no more responses... this thread served its purpose and sat with no responses for a week until it was resurrected today. ;)

Well sorry, I didn't see it until today or else I would have made my alternative suggestion before.

PS - Sounds like you might be a bit offended by people asking you your faith. I 'know' the posters who asked you these questions and I really think they are simply culturally curious and not being nosy. Remember you've got people from all over the globe reading this board and many just want to learn.

Kajikit - To add to your learning curve, Amish and Mennonite women also wear a headcovering. And no I'm not implying that is the OP's faith. Just adding the info as an aside.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Me too, and I'm sorry I didn't see the thread until yesterday. Ditto on the Mennonites and Amish! I live in Pennsylvania, 45 mins from Lancaster County, Amish country. If you've never had a Shoo-Fly Pie, come and get some... wonderful treats! :)

Best of luck to OP

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.