13 posts in this topic

These days my EAD has been finally approved; the last update on the case is from yesterday, and today we've received an e-mail update from USCIS stating that they sent an approval notice ( :huh: ?) to my address. Just wondering, does the "notice" contains the actual EAD card, or is it just another useless waste of paper and money? [i won't mention my exasperation about it...] Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

Stefano

qKC3Nua.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I don't think you will get anything until you get the card. My husband's EAD and AP were both approved last week. We received the AP pretty quickly but just got an update online saying they ordered production of the EAD. We still have not received a notice via mail that the EAD has been approved.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
These days my EAD has been finally approved; the last update on the case is from yesterday, and today we've received an e-mail update from USCIS stating that they sent an approval notice ( :huh: ?) to my address. Just wondering, does the "notice" contains the actual EAD card, or is it just another useless waste of paper and money? [i won't mention my exasperation about it...] Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

Stefano

When I got my approval notice, the EAD card was attached to it already.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
When I got my approval notice, the EAD card was attached to it already.

Ditto. When you receive the EAD,it will be attached to a piece of paper with some basic instructions on it (most of which apply to a green card, weirdly enough). The card mailer is labeled as an I-797D, just as your earlier NOAs were labeled I-797C, or sometimes just I-797. I-797 is the generic USCIS form number for any kind of notice they send out, so your card mailer is your approval notice as well, and was generated and mailed out the day you received your second "Card Production Ordered" email.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Timeline

When you get your green card, on the other hand, you will receive an I-797 "Welcome Notice", in addition to the I-797D with the card attached. The I-797Ds are identical for the EAD and green card, except that they're marked as being issued by different service centers, and use a slightly different font from each other. The Welcome notice will usually arrive 1-5 days before the green card itself, so you can start working yourself into a fit of righteous indignation over the bureaucratic waste now :)

I rather like my Welcome notice. It gives me warm fuzzy feelings. It was the first time anybody in the US government had actually said "welcome" to me, even if it was a few generic paragraphs in an anonymous form letter that were likely composed by a faceless bureaucrat (or worse, a committee thereof) decades ago :lol:

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

We got the card, then a week later, the notice saying the EAD was approved. "Well, thanks for letting us know!!!!!!"

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
We got the card, then a week later, the notice saying the EAD was approved. "Well, thanks for letting us know!!!!!!"

That is so funny!

Adjusting from H1B to GC

10/20/09 Got married after dating 6 years!

1/28/10 I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 sent to Chicago lockbox via USPS express

1/29/10 Package received by Chicago lockbox

2/4/10 NOA letter dated

2/5/10 Check cleared

2/8/10 NOA letter received

2/10/10 Biometric appointment letter dated

2/12/10 I-130 & I-131 touched

2/16/10 Biometric letter received (appointment for 2/24/10)

2/19/10 Biometric - early walk in

2/22/10 I-485 & I-765 touched

3/2/10 NOA letter for interview dated

3/6/10 NOA letter for interview received

3/11/10 Email - EAD card production ordered

3/12/10 I-765 touched

3/16/10 EAD approval letter dated

3/17/10 Email - EAD approval

3/18/10 I-765 touched

3/20/10 EAD card received

3/23/10 I-130 touched

3/24/10 I-130 touched

3/25/10 I-485 touched

4/8/10 Interview - APPROVED!!

4/12/10 Received the "Welcome to America" letter :)

4/13/10 Email - Green Card production ordered / NOA letter dated

4/19/10 Green Card received :)

433965qzur0la2nd.gif433967wefn0qprle.gif433964nztsbmvq0u.gif

Timeline

Interesting, I never got an EAD NOA2. Just the I-797D with the card. where was your EAD and NOA2 mailed from? Mine was Lee's Summit.

DON'T PANIC

-Douglas Coupland

Thanks everybody. :) I will let you know about my case history as soon as I receive something from these people; last letter I got was the transfer notice to CSC, which I received in my inbox just last week. Take care.

Stefano

qKC3Nua.jpg

Thanks again for your experiences! Here's the update. :) Last Saturday I eventually received the "approval notice" at home, and thank goodness, my beautiful card was attached to it. :thumbs: Today I could go to the local SSA office with it, and apply for my original card... this time everything should go smoothly, unlike the application I made in August with my then unexpired I-94. [ :ranting: ] Hope it's coming fast, I just can't wait to start working and getting a local driver's licence.

I just want to thank you all for making this site such a great resource when it comes to immigration knowledge. Best of luck to everybody for your processes.

Stefano

qKC3Nua.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Thanks again for your experiences! Here's the update. :) Last Saturday I eventually received the "approval notice" at home, and thank goodness, my beautiful card was attached to it. :thumbs: Today I could go to the local SSA office with it, and apply for my original card... this time everything should go smoothly, unlike the application I made in August with my then unexpired I-94. [ :ranting: ] Hope it's coming fast, I just can't wait to start working and getting a local driver's licence.

I just want to thank you all for making this site such a great resource when it comes to immigration knowledge. Best of luck to everybody for your processes.

Stefano

Good luck! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

I got my approval notice and the EAD was inside also...

GOD is Good,GOD is Great,GOD is Awesome!

*K1*(process time 7months & 13days)*

12.11.2007 -Filed I-129F

07.24.2008 -VISA interview. APPROVED!!!

*AOS*(process time 7months & 5days)*

11.26.2008 -Filed AOS,EAD,AP

02.09.2009- AP Received

03.20.2009-EAD Received

07.09.2009-2Year Green Card Received

*ROC*(process time 3months & 18days)*

04.04.2011-Filed ROC(I-751)

07.28.2011-10 Year GC Received

*NATURALIZATION*(process time 4months & 27days)*

04/02/2014- Filed N-400

07/08/14-Interview (Recommended for Approval)

08/29/2014-Oath Ceremony

as1cCDkFg000010OXNsenwxNjA0emx8V2UgaGF2Z

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.