Mansoor

Submission of Original Documents to NVC

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Yes, you can send in your certified copy to NVC. Honestly, I don't know what certified copies look like, I'm guessing similar to the original maybe with a stamp or something that says it is a certified copy but it is NOT a photocopy with a notary's attestation. I just explained what I understood. I sent in my originals and are counting on getting them back at the interview.

Good luck.

As you send your original birth certificate to NVC as you needs it at the time of interview in the consulate what if the documents comes late or after the date of interview if this thing happens how you gonna explain to consular officer about it and on ur explanation is he gonna satisfy.

One more thing how safe out of 100% when we send out original documents to NVC in USA any idea?.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

The thing is once you have a case complete and an interview date, it is assumed that all your documents were provided to NVC who will complete your case and forward it to the embassy. Even if it reaches the consulate late or later, it is assumed that I did provided them previously to NVC -- otherwise, they wouldn't have completed the case. You are only required to provide those documents to the embassy that WEREN'T previously provided to the NVC. I believe on the interview letter, recommended items are marked (those that were provided and those that need to brought in for the interview).

From what I see, most people get their originals back after the interview is over. I will take notarized copies of my birth certificate and marriage certificates for the interview, as a back up.

Look, I'm not here to convince you. You need to send them in despite whatever reasonable reservations you may have. PERIOD. You can try with photocopies if you want to waste a few weeks on a RFE.

Edited by sachinky

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline
The thing is once you have a case complete and an interview date, it is assumed that all your documents were provided to NVC who will complete your case and forward it to the embassy. Even if it reaches the consulate late or later, it is assumed that I did provided them previously to NVC -- otherwise, they wouldn't have completed the case. You are only required to provide those documents to the embassy that WEREN'T previously provided to the NVC. I believe on the interview letter, recommended items are marked (those that were provided and those that need to brought in for the interview).

From what I see, most people get their originals back after the interview is over. I will take notarized copies of my birth certificate and marriage certificates for the interview, as a back up.

Look, I'm not here to convince you. You need to send them in despite whatever reasonable reservations you may have. PERIOD. You can try with photocopies if you want to waste a few weeks on a RFE.

Well nice to see this so it means that more or less Original copies which were send to NVC will be back on time at the time of interview so no worries about the original documents being lost in the way, even if the dont come back at the time of interview they will reach after the date of interview and at the time of interview, consular officer will not ask you about your documents which you already submitted to NVC in original format.

Well I have one question out of this those documents which we send to NVC came back to us or directly to the consulate office?.

Timeline

Ideally, everything you send to USCIS, was forwarded to NVC who'll forward everything to the consulate. However, I doubt you get back photographs, affidavits and bills and other stuff that were submitted with the initial I-130 petition but I assume your original birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decrees etc. will be returned at the time of the interview.

And PLEASE fill in your timeline. :) Thanks.

Edited by sachinky

event.png

Timeline
Ideally, everything you send to USCIS, was forwarded to NVC who'll forward everything to the consulate. However, I doubt you get back photographs, affidavits and bills and other stuff that were submitted with the initial I-130 petition but I assume your original birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decrees etc. will be returned at the time of the interview.

And PLEASE fill in your timeline. :) Thanks.

So when NVC requested the DS-3032 Form Choice of an Agent then I only have to fill out that form and send it as I already send Photographs, Affidavits, Birth Certificates Notarized copy, Academic Details, Letter Envelopes and other documents which were necessary, so as I already submitted enough evidence to prove my bound and relationship with my parents so why will I also submit my original birth certificate again to NVC as they already have the notarized copy of that and of other documents.

Can I only show the original documents at the Consular office in Pakistan at the time of Interview is this possible that I only show them my original documents at the time of interview. Because sending original documents are very risky. And I personally don't think that it is necessary to submit original documents to NVC as they already have their attested copies which are pure and very authentic copies.

Edited by Mansoor

Timeline

In my case I am living in Pakistan and my father filed a petition for me and now my case is in NVC, when NVC asked for form DS-3032 for setting choice of agent in USA so at that time do I have to send my original documents to NVC as they already have my notarized documents which I send earlier to USCIS office and those transfered to NVC office after approving the petition.

Or I have to simply show my original documents at the time of interview which will be held in Islamabad Consulate Pakistan. Please help me in this by giving me the exact answer of my question.

Edited by Mansoor

Timeline

If you "personally don't think it is necessary to submit original documents to NVC," then DON'T instead of posting the same thing over and over again. Yeah, we get it that you're worried that they're going to lose your stuff, but guess what? we all are and we're all taking a chance. Try your luck with the photocopies if you feel like being stubborn.

And btw, you need to thoroughly read through the NVC guide as I don't think you understand the process AT ALL.

Ok, now I'm outta here.

event.png

Timeline
If you "personally don't think it is necessary to submit original documents to NVC," then DON'T instead of posting the same thing over and over again. Yeah, we get it that you're worried that they're going to lose your stuff, but guess what? we all are and we're all taking a chance. Try your luck with the photocopies if you feel like being stubborn.

And btw, you need to thoroughly read through the NVC guide as I don't think you understand the process AT ALL.

Ok, now I'm outta here.

So what if I send the original documents to NVC in USA and they didn't get back at all and at the time of interview in Pakistan Consular officer ask me about the documents then how I gonna explain to him and on my explaining to him is he gonna satisfy or decline the visa approval to me?.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

how many ways you gonna keep asking the same question?

Look - here's a really strong suggestion.

have your FATHER READ all at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

then your FATHER (the petitioner) TELL YOU what YOU need to do.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
So what if I send the original documents to NVC in USA and they didn't get back at all and at the time of interview in Pakistan Consular officer ask me about the documents then how I gonna explain to him and on my explaining to him is he gonna satisfy or decline the visa approval to me?.

First, you do need to read the information at the page Darnell has linked - in particular, click on Applicant's Civil Documents

For specific information on what you need with regard to YOUR documents, for instance your birth certificate - go here and chose your country from the drop down list.

When you get your interview letter there should also be a list of all documents NVC requires and it should indicate which ones they received - that is how you will know NVC got them. If there is some error and you get to your interview and a document has been lost in transit and the CO asks you for it - then you simply have to provide another one.

That does not mean you will be 'denied' completely - it means they will defer issuing you the visa until you provide them with any information and/or documents they request.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
Now my question is this as of now my petition recenly got approved and send to the NVC and in that petition I submitted all the attested photocopies of the documents with their translated copies too in english language, Do I also have to submit my original documents as my consulate in Islamabad Pakistan and If I also have to submit my original documents and can you please tell me when and where?.

Should I have to show the original documents at the consular office to the interviewing officer at the time of interview?.

that petition I submitted all the attested photocopies of the documents with their translated copies too in english language

You did __THIS__ for initial I-130 submittal, per the instructions.

Do I also have to submit my original documents as my consulate in Islamabad Pakistan

NO - not 'as my consulate in Islamabad' - INSTEAD - they must be submitted to NVC.

f I also have to submit my original documents and can you please tell me when and where?.

When? When your father tells you.

Where? to the NVC lockbox address.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline
In my case I am living in Pakistan and my father filed a petition for me and now my case is in NVC, when NVC asked for form DS-3032 for setting choice of agent in USA so at that time do I have to send my original documents to NVC as they already have my notarized documents which I send earlier to USCIS office and those transfered to NVC office after approving the petition.

Or I have to simply show my original documents at the time of interview which will be held in Islamabad Consulate Pakistan. Please help me in this by giving me the exact answer of my question.

when NVC asked for form DS-3032 for setting choice of agent in USA so at that time do I have to send my original documents to NVC

NO. Instead, you send in the DS-3032.

already have my notarized documents which I send earlier to USCIS office

you said you submitted photocopies on initial I-130 submittal.

now you are trying to claim that you sent in notarized documents , instead?

regardless of 'what you sent in' to USCIS -

NVC has seperate requirement - and the documents that you sent in for initial I-130 submittal will not be used for NVC processing.

Sorry.

Get a new set. Send them to your father (the petitioner)

simply show my original documents at the time of interview

no. original documents must be sent to NVC. I suggest you send them to your father, who then, in turn, sends them off to the NVC.

Please help me in this by giving me the exact answer of my question

This is difficult to do as you insisted on twisting language and being imprecise.

I asked you not to do that, earlier, and you insisted to still be imprecise.

Contact your father, show him the link for NVC, tell him to read it, then ask him to tell you what to do.

Please?

Edited by Darnell

Timeline
when NVC asked for form DS-3032 for setting choice of agent in USA so at that time do I have to send my original documents to NVC

NO. Instead, you send in the DS-3032.

already have my notarized documents which I send earlier to USCIS office

you said you submitted photocopies on initial I-130 submittal.

now you are trying to claim that you sent in notarized documents , instead?

regardless of 'what you sent in' to USCIS -

NVC has seperate requirement - and the documents that you sent in for initial I-130 submittal will not be used for NVC processing.

Sorry.

Get a new set. Send them to your father (the petitioner)

simply show my original documents at the time of interview

no. original documents must be sent to NVC. I suggest you send them to your father, who then, in turn, sends them off to the NVC.

Please help me in this by giving me the exact answer of my question

This is difficult to do as you insisted on twisting language and being imprecise.

I asked you not to do that, earlier, and you insisted to still be imprecise.

Contact your father, show him the link for NVC, tell him to read it, then ask him to tell you what to do.

Please?

Thanks for your reply I will surely gonna do that as you said thanks buddy for your help and concerns highly appreciated.

Timeline
Thanks for your reply I will surely gonna do that as you said thanks buddy for your help and concerns highly appreciated.

Hi Mansoor, it looks like Darnell and a couple of our really very valuable members are trying everything to help you.... I hope you carefully read everything they post and follow their instruction. Although no-one here is a legal representative, these seasoned members are very knowledgeable and can help you immensely if you don't wear them out asking the same thing too many times.

Every step of the process comes with detailed instructions from the government. All forms and instructions can be found at www.travel.state.gov. If you want to proceed in a timely fashion read the instructions very carefully one or two times before you even start filling out the application. Then check your application answers two or three times...every single field.

If the NVC asks for specific documents, then send them the very thing they ask for. Have your police clearance record and birth certificate certified at your local government office for authenticity. I have never heard of a case where petitioners have not received their original documents back from the embassy. I'm sure it can happen, but it is a very very rare occasion. Every form has instructions on where to send the completed form and required documentation...always follow the instructed mailing requirements and I highly recommend sending your packages in a way that can be traced, such as USPS express mail with signature required from receiving end. It costs more but it is worth your peace of mind.

You will send all of your documentation to the NVC in the US UNTIL THEY NOTIFY YOU that your case has been sent to Islamabad (if you live in Pakistan) or the local embassy in the country you reside. They will keep all of your originals until your interview date. Immediately after the interview they will notify you of how you will receive your originals back. My husband was handed all original documents back at the embassy after his interview, but they kept his passport for the visa.

There will be times the embassy will keep your originals for a little longer after the interview...rest assured that your originals will be delivered to you via the approved courier with your Visa and point of entry package.

Do not include additional documentation with your application if it is not specifically required. It can slow your process and you may need some of these (like your educational certificates) for personal use while you wait for your process to be completed.

I can't emphasize enough that it is simply reading the instructions, following the instructions carefully and triple-checking every detail that will help make your journey easier.

Good luck to you brother and I hope your journey goes well. Also, your timeline is very important here so other members can help you based on where you are at in your actual process. I highly recommend updating your timeline often.

07-24-09 : MARRIED!!!

08-17-09 : I-130 Sent

08-24-09 : I-130 NOA1

09-24-09 : I-130 Approved

10-06-09 : NVC Received

10-17-09 : We Received DS-3032

10-19-09 : Returned Completed DS-3032

11-04-09 : Received IV Bill

11-05-09 : Paid IV Bill online

11-05-09 : Received Instruction Packet

11-21-09 : Paid I-864 fee online

11-19-09 : Received I-864 Package

11-20-09 : FedEx del. DS-230

11-23-09 : RFE on I-864

11-23-09 : Letter of Explanation sent covering dependent issue for RFE on I-864

11-25-09 : Letter Received by NVC

11-30-09 : Return Comp. I-864 signed for by J. Desmond

12-07-09 : Called NVC and they do not show receipt of DS-230 even thought it "may be in the building"

12-09-09 : RFE DS-230-Called NVC and found out we have an RFE on the DS-230, line 30....

12-10-09 : Overnighted RFE requested documents to NVC

12-28-09 : Flew to Lahore...couldn't stand being parted this long...two weeks with the hubby!!

01-05-10 : LOGIN FAILED!!

01-11-10 : Interview scheduled for Feb 4th!!! (doing the happy dance)

02-04-10 : APPROVED...but placed in AP

06-02-10 : STILL WAITING FOR VISA...will this ever be finished and we can finally be together?

07-09-10 : Visa Received!!!

07-17-10 : Arrived in the US safely via Chicago :-)

Timeline
Hi Mansoor, it looks like Darnell and a couple of our really very valuable members are trying everything to help you.... I hope you carefully read everything they post and follow their instruction. Although no-one here is a legal representative, these seasoned members are very knowledgeable and can help you immensely if you don't wear them out asking the same thing too many times.

Every step of the process comes with detailed instructions from the government. All forms and instructions can be found at www.travel.state.gov. If you want to proceed in a timely fashion read the instructions very carefully one or two times before you even start filling out the application. Then check your application answers two or three times...every single field.

If the NVC asks for specific documents, then send them the very thing they ask for. Have your police clearance record and birth certificate certified at your local government office for authenticity. I have never heard of a case where petitioners have not received their original documents back from the embassy. I'm sure it can happen, but it is a very very rare occasion. Every form has instructions on where to send the completed form and required documentation...always follow the instructed mailing requirements and I highly recommend sending your packages in a way that can be traced, such as USPS express mail with signature required from receiving end. It costs more but it is worth your peace of mind.

You will send all of your documentation to the NVC in the US UNTIL THEY NOTIFY YOU that your case has been sent to Islamabad (if you live in Pakistan) or the local embassy in the country you reside. They will keep all of your originals until your interview date. Immediately after the interview they will notify you of how you will receive your originals back. My husband was handed all original documents back at the embassy after his interview, but they kept his passport for the visa.

There will be times the embassy will keep your originals for a little longer after the interview...rest assured that your originals will be delivered to you via the approved courier with your Visa and point of entry package.

Do not include additional documentation with your application if it is not specifically required. It can slow your process and you may need some of these (like your educational certificates) for personal use while you wait for your process to be completed.

I can't emphasize enough that it is simply reading the instructions, following the instructions carefully and triple-checking every detail that will help make your journey easier.

Good luck to you brother and I hope your journey goes well. Also, your timeline is very important here so other members can help you based on where you are at in your actual process. I highly recommend updating your timeline often.

Thanks for your reply and suggestions very useful and satisfying, I hope and pray your husbands process will be done in the fastest way possible asap.

Edited by Mansoor

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.