Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Well I survived the 3 hour (which was actually 4 hours) glucose test. I will get my results monday. I stopped at Subway and got a footlong sub and a sprite. I ate the entire thing with ease. Amazing the appetite I have lately.

Stef, Zaids size concerns me too. I passed my 1 hour with him but was borderline as well. I agree on everyone being gestational. Or at least failing the 1 hour. Probably has a lot to do with all the artificial things we put in our bodies. I REALLY hope I pass this test. I want to enjoy Thanksgiving :)

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

LOL I was giving up but then my family now started to be so excited and voted for him - he now has like 70 votes I think lol.. now it's more fun :) I dont think I'm (he) going to win - and this is probably the only contest I'd ever put him through hehehe - it's just nice if we won to get the $25,000 collage fund ya know :)

I still cant see picture of Madeleine :( start to think I did something wrong?

Have a peek at: Madeleine :)

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Empress of Groovy: She is so cute! I hope you are healing well!

@ Jenn: I think that's ok. We do that too. Jona started to drink water at around 11 months and it's Brita filtered tap water. I'm sure our system has fluoride in it. But the issue on the CDC website was that if the water is used to prepare formula daily you see quite a different intake - I don't think your son drank that much water and used fluoridated toothpaste and mouth rinse (I was wondering anyways who would use that on an infant?!)... Jona drinks lots of water and sometimes juice water (7/8 water, 1/8 juice) and teas (fennel, chamomille, herbal teas) and his toothpaste is no fluoride at all, and hm no he doesn't use mouth rinse (I think that would be difficult for a toddler to rinse and spit?). So the water exposure is okay in my book, but I wouldn't start him on fluoridated toothpaste as long as there is F in the water already.

@ kelly: Oh sounds yummy. I recently developed an appetite too. Gosh I was about to die in the car to Denver to my appointment on Monday. I'm not a breakfast eater at all, I can't eat before 10am or I get nauseous. So there I sit in the car munching a bunch of Jona's bunny crackers, just a handful cause then it was time to drink the juice and no more food then... The nurse took the blood about 67 minutes after the drink, I was somewhat mad for 7 minutes cause I had a sandwich right there and reallllyyy wanted to eat it!!! I hope your results are fine... About the bad stuff we eat... I really stopped a lot of that stuff and the midwives had great nutritional advice. Like nothing with high fructose corn syrup (total sugar overload) and you know trying whole wheat instead of normal. I'm pretty good overall, now if I crave sugar, I eat an apple or carrots. But I still indulge in chocolate, but make sure it has no funny ingredients; like Lindt, all the German stuff I brought or Haegen Daz (sorry never know spelling, lol). DH got to eat all the Halloween candy cause it had bad stuff, and Jona and I traded it in for the better stuff (DH doesn't care, he believes he is invincible, but also in loads of stress right now, full time job and grad school, papers due in 2 weeks!)...

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

As for baby eating. If baby pushes the food back out and if the table, bib and dad/mom and baby have more food on them than actually went into the baby..it's just not ready. Just wait a little longer. You'll have enough dishes to wash later on.

As for crying it out to sleep...no way. I see it that way. Babies are designed to cry if something is wrong. They are so little, they don't know how to manipulate or play their parents. They cry cause they have a reason and they need something, be it a #######, a bottle or just a cuddle and reassurance. We're all mammals...nowhere else in nature baby sleeps alone in it's own 'cave'. All mammals stay together, huddled up, warming each other, being there for each other. Only humans teach their offspring right away to sleep in their 'cave' alone in a room, in their own bed. If baby sleeps better in the parent's bed then let them sleep there, for everybody's sakes and rest (or in a cosleeper for that matter). Also...when I'm old and in a nursing home and all I can do is cry for help, I'd like for someone to come check on me cause I'm probably crying for a reason. I don't want the nurse to say "Oh...Miss Evi, you just got fed two hours ago, you shouldn't be hungry...just go back to sleep".

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Timeline

Anna, I bet had my nurse waited 67 mins to draw blood I would have passed the test :( She drew me about 5 minutes early and Im convinved thats why i failed lol

I too have tried to cut out SO much bad stuff since becoming pregnant with Salma. I gave up pop almost completely (maybe one a week to ease nauseau) and started buying organic cereal and anything I love to indulge in that had high fructose corn syrup. Im guessing thats why ive lost weight this pregnancy, cant complain there

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I failed the one hour test when pregnant with the twins. Because I got put on bedrest soon after, they didn't want me to sit for the three hour so I did blood sugar testing for a month. Luckily, I was fine. Hopefully, you will be as lucky too Kelly.

Well...we survived the first night of Zak in a big boy bed. We have found out he doesn't like change. He cried about it for an hour and then went to his bed and slept the night. Hoping tonight will be a little easier.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Timeline

Allie moved into a toddler bed about a month ago. Two days later I sold her crib. I didn't think the transition would be that easy but it was. The first night she came running out a few times and Adam kept calling her to get her in trouble. AFter that though she pretty much stayed in her bed whenever we put he down.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Timeline

We have to put a gate up across their bedroom door. Hana is usually pretty good. Zak has been falling asleep by the gate. We put him to bed and he stays there all night. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be with him. He'll get the hang of it soon. Hana took about a week or two.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Timeline

As for baby eating. If baby pushes the food back out and if the table, bib and dad/mom and baby have more food on them than actually went into the baby..it's just not ready. Just wait a little longer. You'll have enough dishes to wash later on.

As for crying it out to sleep...no way. I see it that way. Babies are designed to cry if something is wrong. They are so little, they don't know how to manipulate or play their parents. They cry cause they have a reason and they need something, be it a #######, a bottle or just a cuddle and reassurance. We're all mammals...nowhere else in nature baby sleeps alone in it's own 'cave'. All mammals stay together, huddled up, warming each other, being there for each other. Only humans teach their offspring right away to sleep in their 'cave' alone in a room, in their own bed. If baby sleeps better in the parent's bed then let them sleep there, for everybody's sakes and rest (or in a cosleeper for that matter). Also...when I'm old and in a nursing home and all I can do is cry for help, I'd like for someone to come check on me cause I'm probably crying for a reason. I don't want the nurse to say "Oh...Miss Evi, you just got fed two hours ago, you shouldn't be hungry...just go back to sleep".

I would tend to agree with you here...I have read the same things all over the net. However, (and you all know what I'm talking about)...the older generations and parents who have older kids will give you all the 'old school' advice of how it was done 'way back when'.

I do pick up Nicholas any time he cries, and if I was being entirely honest, I can say I'm a little concerned that he is possibly becoming a little bit spoiled. My natural instinct of course is to pick him up and soothe him when he cries...then others say that if you do that all the time, you're not letting 'figure it out for himself'. Either way, I'm sure most, if not all parents, whichever method they take, are only trying to do the best thing for their children, but sometimes it's so hard to pick which way to go, because both sides do believe that *their* way is the way to a well adjusted child.

Saying that, Nick is only 2 mos old so I think it's still on the early side for me to start letting him 'cry it out', so I have a little time before I have to decide how we approach it in future.

*meh*

Thoughts, mommies?

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everyone, I just recently found out I was pregnant and popped my head in here. This is #5 for me although it feels like its all new since its been awhile since I had my last. Anyways I had no idea that ppl use bottled water for their babies. What ever happened to boiling the water from your tap. Other then paying tons of money for bottled water is their really any benefits to it? As for me I bottle fed my first one only, the other 3 were all breastfed. No solids till they where about the 9 months mark and that was pretty much just a taste of table food, mashed up. I never did feed any of the kids late at night to try and get them to sleep longer, its kinda pointless when you think of it. Your digestive system slows down at night, making it harder on them to sleep. Well I guess there is still lots to learn, good luck to everyone.

We boiled our water all the time for Enzo. We still boil it, but the tap water in Tallahassee has been voted the best in the state - so six of one half dozen of the other. The good thing about boiling our water was that we also used to make chamomille tea for Enzo and it helped to soothe his belly. :D

Timeline

I would tend to agree with you here...I have read the same things all over the net. However, (and you all know what I'm talking about)...the older generations and parents who have older kids will give you all the 'old school' advice of how it was done 'way back when'.

I do pick up Nicholas any time he cries, and if I was being entirely honest, I can say I'm a little concerned that he is possibly becoming a little bit spoiled. My natural instinct of course is to pick him up and soothe him when he cries...then others say that if you do that all the time, you're not letting 'figure it out for himself'. Either way, I'm sure most, if not all parents, whichever method they take, are only trying to do the best thing for their children, but sometimes it's so hard to pick which way to go, because both sides do believe that *their* way is the way to a well adjusted child.

Saying that, Nick is only 2 mos old so I think it's still on the early side for me to start letting him 'cry it out', so I have a little time before I have to decide how we approach it in future.

*meh*

Thoughts, mommies?

I don't think it's really possible to spoil an infant. A toddler, yes, but not an infant. I agree with Eveline on this one - responding to their needs is a mom's job. They cry because they need something, not to manipulate.

Edited by Jenn!

Timeline

We didnt let Zaid cry it out until he was a year old. By then it was very clear to us whether he needed something or just wanted to be held. Even when he did "cry it out" it was merely for 4-5 minutes and then he would either stop, or sleep. It worked good for us, especially to develop a good bedtime routine. I would never let a baby cry it out anytime prior to that. Letting an infant cry normally just leads to more crying.

Nervous as hell for my GTT results tomorrow. IDK why but my gut tells me its going to be positive. I was right about alot of gut feelings this pregnancy, call it maternal instinct but everytime something has been wrong, ive been right. I really hope im wrong but, well see. Hopefully they call first thing tomorrow morning.

I have a sore throat, still havent got my flu shot, still dont know if i want to. Nothing has made my mind up either way...baaah

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Have a peek at: Madeleine :)

Thank you!! I know why I couldnt see, the website is blocked by my work lol but I saw her from my computer home. She's beautiful :)

So I gave Sam some banana on Friday night and he loves it. The 3rd day of trying oatmeal he swallowed more than he spitted out so I tried banana (since he didn't like the taste of the oatmeal but still ate it anyway) and he ate it good. I gave him just a few bites every night now.. just get him used to eating from the spoon and be in the high chair. he doesn't really need more nutrition since he's still thriving from BF only.

I didn't get to let him cry much in the middle of the night... I did once and he was good and went back to sleep after a few minutes of 'talking' at midnight - that's only for one night then the next night I waited about 10 minutes and when I thought he fell asleep he made noises again so I gave up and nursed him back to sleep again. Last night he woke up 4 times.. i'm a zombie :crying: He's almost 5 months now and I think he's big enough to miss a midnight meal (he'll still get another at 3.30AM anyway) but I don't have a heart to listen to him making noises for more than 10 minutes, so the first time I heard him I jus got up and feed him.. easier for me that way. He doesn't cry - he just makes noises - I call it cry for the lack of word.

And his weird 'nightmare' is gone.. only happened twice..

Edited by anya-D

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Timeline

Anyone else see Desperate Housewives last night? It featured the 'cry it out' debate'!

YES...mee mee...and I was totally with Susan LOL. Even my husband agreed :D .

@Anja: The night nursings are what went last with my kids. Allie was totally off the ####### during the day but at night she always wanted to nurse. I always found it easier to daywean, before the nightweaning. I don't know about the 'missing a meal'. I guess when he's hungry, he's hungry right? Maybe a paci works for him or dad to calm him down at night if you don't want to nurse? I have usually given in and just nursed cause it is - like you said - easier and less hassle than carrying a crying infant for 30 minutes :).

Sleeping patterns, however, change all the time. Next week he might only wake up once for a few days and then again five times in one night. I remember those days, sleeping on the couch with a baby in your arm, still sucking :P , the loss of a sense of time when you get up every 30 or 60 minutes. Oh well...while I'm sad I'm not nursing anymore, I sure don't miss those days.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED