Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hana and Zak are going to be a vampire princess and vampire. I wanted to get them early because you need to find a light weight outfit for FL (and sometimes that is hard). And let me say, I got Hana a 3T/4T size and it is almost too small! We have a multiples Halloween party to go to the weekend before Halloween and then on Halloween we are going trick-or-treating with my friends from work and their kids which are about my duo's age. Should be fun this year (especially once my two figure out they are getting chocolate -- they LOVE chocolate).

Hana and Zak are going to be a vampire princess and vampire. I wanted to get them early because you need to find a light weight outfit for FL (and sometimes that is hard). And let me say, I got Hana a 3T/4T size and it is almost too small! We have a multiples Halloween party to go to the weekend before Halloween and then on Halloween we are going trick-or-treating with my friends from work and their kids which are about my duo's age. Should be fun this year (especially once my two figure out they are getting chocolate -- they LOVE chocolate).

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm wondering if professor dad is still reading here. He'll be interested to learn that my friend's nine month old babyboy is walking..without previous walk training. He can stand up unassisted and just walks. Who would have thought it .... kids learn to walk without being tought..sensational.

LOL! When Ben was 14 months old and not walking, we saw a 9 month old at the mall who was walking around and half the size of Ben (he had 4 siblings). I couldn't believe it.

Jenn: wow you have been pumping for a year now!! That's awesome, that is a lot of work! What kind of pump do you have?

Kelly: yeah I never know if it's going to be warm or cold, so far we were lucky but I still have room for extra layers under his outfit (His costume is a 3T/4T) I can't believe this is Ben's 3rd Halloween!

I'm glad you all bought costumes, my family is making me feel bad for spending money on a costume when "everyone" is supposed to make their own... :hehe:

Vi: awww little red riding hood used to be my favorite costume as a kid until I just didn't fit into it anymore! I had the whole thing including the wig with the braids lol. That's a great deal, I wish I could find bargains like that, I couldn't find anything in a 2T last year before Halloween (he ended up in a 5T monkey costume that needed some changes)

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Vi: awww little red riding hood used to be my favorite costume as a kid until I just didn't fit into it anymore! I had the whole thing including the wig with the braids lol. That's a great deal, I wish I could find bargains like that, I couldn't find anything in a 2T last year before Halloween (he ended up in a 5T monkey costume that needed some changes)

I think we have talked about that costume before. My brother had the same one LOL. INcluding the braids haha. Too funny. I guess there were only so many apropriate east german Halloween (Fasching) costumes out there :).

I paid a lot of money for the costumes actually. Maybe I'll go and get outfits after Halloween but the kids' taste changes so quickly that I don't know what they wanna be next year.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Timeline

I think we have talked about that costume before. My brother had the same one LOL. INcluding the braids haha. Too funny. I guess there were only so many apropriate east german Halloween (Fasching) costumes out there :).

I paid a lot of money for the costumes actually. Maybe I'll go and get outfits after Halloween but the kids' taste changes so quickly that I don't know what they wanna be next year.

:lol: hahaha! Yeah, all I remember is a kitty cat costume, princess, little red riding hood, and a snow flake costume (my mom made it from her wedding veil and cotton balls, out of lack of choices). boys had even less options, that's so funny your brother wore that costume. Did you ever have "Matroschka Tag" in kindergarten? OMG I was only 5 but my mom made me look like a 90 year old.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

:lol: hahaha! Yeah, all I remember is a kitty cat costume, princess, little red riding hood, and a snow flake costume (my mom made it from her wedding veil and cotton balls, out of lack of choices). boys had even less options, that's so funny your brother wore that costume. Did you ever have "Matroschka Tag" in kindergarten? OMG I was only 5 but my mom made me look like a 90 year old.

OMG I'm cracking up here. I have pictures of me as a cat and also my mom made me a snowflake costume out of her wedding dress. Hilarious :). We never had Matroschka Tag in Kindergarden, at least I dodn't remember :).

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Timeline

OMG I'm cracking up here. I have pictures of me as a cat and also my mom made me a snowflake costume out of her wedding dress. Hilarious :). We never had Matroschka Tag in Kindergarden, at least I dodn't remember :).

OMG are you serious. I thought I was special! :lol:

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

OMG I just realized that the costume I got for Sam might be toooooo big for him!!!

I have no clue what's the T meant in 4T and that's what I got LOL!!! It just clicked after reading your guys post that T must be for todler, right? ARRRRR!!!!!!

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Timeline

OMG I just realized that the costume I got for Sam might be toooooo big for him!!!

I have no clue what's the T meant in 4T and that's what I got LOL!!! It just clicked after reading your guys post that T must be for todler, right? ARRRRR!!!!!!

yep. :lol: you bought your little Sam a big boy costume. T is for Toddler and the number is for age in years. LOL. It took me a while to figure that out when Ben was born. So you can either return it, make some changes (if possible) or save it til he's 3 or 4 years old, but by then he may be very opinonated on the way he dresses up.

Twila: oh boy *panic* I totally totally forgot about the candy part in Halloween. Ben is addicted to candy. I swear he has a built in radar for anything from bubble gum, chocolate to mentos or anything sugar-y! No matter how well we hide candy he WILL find it. I really need to have an eye on him or he will eat everything (including wrapper etc).

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline

Going to be a long night. It's Hana's first night in a big girl bed! :s

OUR VISA JOURNEY

10/17/08 - Approval date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi girls, thanks for answering my question from a while back...things are a little better now...hope it will stay that way...

On the other hand, something else changed in my life, i have to go in my home country for a whole year starting january because my husband is deploying! ARGHHHHHHH!!

I wanted to ask about traveling with a month old baby...he is not too young right? I mean ive been reading on Delta webpage and they said that you can start traveling with a baby when he is 7 days old... Can i do his shots when i get home?

I was planning on buying a ticket for me, one for my 4 year old and another one for the baby, so he can have his own seat and i can put the carseat there. My question is, do i have to bring the carseat base in the plane too, or i can ship it separately? Oh, and did i mention Im bringing my cat too on this trip?? :help::rofl::rofl::rofl: So, to all the girls worried about one trip with a 6 month old, believe me, it will be a piece of cake comparing what mine will be in January :rofl:

Also, somebody mentioned a while back that you can buy a playpen here and ship it with your luggage and you can pick it up at your destination?? Is that true? Or i better call the airline and double check?

Thank you for any questions you can answer, :help::)

Gabby

09/13/05 : AOS papers sent to Chicago

10/05/05 : checks cashed

10/05/05 : NOA 1 in the mail yehawwww !!!!!

11/29/05 : AP approoooooved !!!!!

03/06/06 : biometrics appointment

03/07/06 : touched

01/03/07 : interview letter in the mail

02/26/07 : interview finalllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

AAAPPPRRROOOVVVEEEDDD !!!!!!!!!!! STAMP IN THE PASSPORT !!!!

03/06/2007: RECEIVED GREENCARD !!! NO MISTAKES !!!!!

01/27/09 : I-751 package mailed to Vermont

02/05/09 : check cashed

02/09/09 : NOA received

02/21/09 : biometrics letter received

03/07/09 : biometrics appointment

03/09/09 : touched

03/10/09 : touched

06/16/09 : APROVVVVVEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!! letter from USCIS received

06/30/09 : Greencard received!!! NO MISTAKES!!!

04/12/2010 : N-400 package sent...fingers crossed for a fast approval.....

06/07/2010 : Biometrics in Orlando

08/09/2010: Citizenship interview - PASSED!!!!

08/13/2010 : OATH Ceremony - Finally a US citizen and DONE with USCIS!!!!

Timeline

Hi girls, thanks for answering my question from a while back...things are a little better now...hope it will stay that way...

On the other hand, something else changed in my life, i have to go in my home country for a whole year starting january because my husband is deploying! ARGHHHHHHH!!

I wanted to ask about traveling with a month old baby...he is not too young right? I mean ive been reading on Delta webpage and they said that you can start traveling with a baby when he is 7 days old... Can i do his shots when i get home?

I was planning on buying a ticket for me, one for my 4 year old and another one for the baby, so he can have his own seat and i can put the carseat there. My question is, do i have to bring the carseat base in the plane too, or i can ship it separately? Oh, and did i mention Im bringing my cat too on this trip?? :help::rofl::rofl::rofl: So, to all the girls worried about one trip with a 6 month old, believe me, it will be a piece of cake comparing what mine will be in January :rofl:

Also, somebody mentioned a while back that you can buy a playpen here and ship it with your luggage and you can pick it up at your destination?? Is that true? Or i better call the airline and double check?

Thank you for any questions you can answer, :help::)

Gabby

oh boy.. that sounds like a big trip. Yes most airlines will let you bring at least one or 2 baby items (playpen, carseat, stroller etc) and you can check it for free. Since your baby will have a seat she is also entitled to the luggage allowance (nowadays one 50lbs suitcase), just like you and the 4 year old. I don't know about the cat or the car seat base....

Yes you can start the immunizations when you get to your home country. Most pediatricians don't start the shots until the baby is 2 months old. Just be careful (hygiene wise) with an unvaccinated baby on a plane, there are always sick people flying with you and the recycled air- I would just be very careful with hand washing and hand sanitizing and it will be fine (at least the baby is young enough not to crawl around and touch everything). Just to be on the safe side, I would take both kids for a pediatrician check up before the big trip. Try to get a bassinet row when you book the flight. Your baby can sleep in the bassinet for most of the flight and you have your hands free. I think you will be ok, your 4 year old is old enough to understand a lot and the baby will sleep most of the time. It's just going to be a huge juggling act with all the stuff that oyu're going to have to carry.

I would really research all the airlines and fly with one that has the best luggage allowance policy/ will let you reserve a bassinet/will let you gate check a stroller (don't fly with air france!!)/ will have the least amount of layovers etc... Even if it means you have to pay more, you could sacrifice the extra seat that you want to get for the baby if you can reserve a bassinet and save money.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline

I thought I would post here as well what some of my local twin mommies turned me on to...Amazon mom www.amazon.com/mom You can order diapers online and have them shipped to your house for free for a fraction of what you pay locally. I just ordered Pampers with them and got a super gigantic box, shipped to my house, for $26. This box is $38 at my local Sam's and $40 at BRU. Yay for saving money!

As for Hana's first night in a big girl bed, she did ok. It took 45 minutes for her to finally go to bed and sleep. Then...she woke up at 5am. :blink: So...it wasn't as horrible as it could have been.

I thought I would post here as well what some of my local twin mommies turned me on to...Amazon mom www.amazon.com/mom You can order diapers online and have them shipped to your house for free for a fraction of what you pay locally. I just ordered Pampers with them and got a super gigantic box, shipped to my house, for $26. This box is $38 at my local Sam's and $40 at BRU. Yay for saving money!

As for Hana's first night in a big girl bed, she did ok. It took 45 minutes for her to finally go to bed and sleep. Then...she woke up at 5am. :blink: So...it wasn't as horrible as it could have been.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

10/17/08 - Approval date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Thank you Chnst. Why not fly with Air France?

Im afraid they will not let me book a bassinet seat if im flying with my cat. i know i tried before when Alex was 3 months old and a very nasty Delta employer said that you cant do that cause the cat has to be under the seat in front of you! Oh well...maybe i can get somebody to fly with me and get a seat behind me or something, and that way i can get the bassinet seat.

I was planning on flying Delta/ KLM through Amsterdam. Best airline/ airport ever!! (KLM/Shiphol)

I really wanted to buy a carseat/stroller/ playpen here and have them shipped with me when i go. And i was afraid if i hold the baby, they wont accept to ship the carseat, stroller and playpen.

09/13/05 : AOS papers sent to Chicago

10/05/05 : checks cashed

10/05/05 : NOA 1 in the mail yehawwww !!!!!

11/29/05 : AP approoooooved !!!!!

03/06/06 : biometrics appointment

03/07/06 : touched

01/03/07 : interview letter in the mail

02/26/07 : interview finalllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

AAAPPPRRROOOVVVEEEDDD !!!!!!!!!!! STAMP IN THE PASSPORT !!!!

03/06/2007: RECEIVED GREENCARD !!! NO MISTAKES !!!!!

01/27/09 : I-751 package mailed to Vermont

02/05/09 : check cashed

02/09/09 : NOA received

02/21/09 : biometrics letter received

03/07/09 : biometrics appointment

03/09/09 : touched

03/10/09 : touched

06/16/09 : APROVVVVVEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!! letter from USCIS received

06/30/09 : Greencard received!!! NO MISTAKES!!!

04/12/2010 : N-400 package sent...fingers crossed for a fast approval.....

06/07/2010 : Biometrics in Orlando

08/09/2010: Citizenship interview - PASSED!!!!

08/13/2010 : OATH Ceremony - Finally a US citizen and DONE with USCIS!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Gabby: Oh I don't know about the cat, call the airline about it... As for bassinet seats, with United I booked it, but didn't get it - the particular row has more legroom and is reserved for people with priority, and being old, having some sort of gold status with the airline tops being a mom. On my flight from SFO to Frankfurt were 7 infants, and none of them got the bassinet. They were overall rather anti-baby there. I just flew with American and they were so nice (flight attendants, both ways!). With all airlines you get to check a carseat for free or any other baby item, and a gate check stroller too. If you buy a seat for baby, you get to bring a stroller to the gate, a carseat for the plane and check the playpen for free. After all we have to pay a full fare for baby, it's only fair to bring so much stuff! I wouldn't worry about your baby's age, I flew a little later, but my SIL flew when my niece was only 3 weeks old. I'm not too paranoid about germs and such, just wipe down the seats with antibacterial wipes and wash your hands fine, take some extra vitamins maybe (will get to baby if you nurse, otherwise stuff like liquid vitamin D will do)... Good luck and it stinks that your DH is deploying...

We're back and I'm totally exhausted. The flight was good actually, Jona did great. I HATED Chicago O'Hare for the layover, it is ridiculously unorganized and busy. The international terminal is separate from the domestic, and after walking 1 mile (not kidding) from the gate to immigration, then picking up bags (nope, nobody around to help!) and clearing customs, I luckily got rid of the bags right there for the domestic flight, but had to leave the terminal completely, take 4 elevators to a train which took 20 minutes to the domestic terminal where they had a wonderful 800 yard long line at security (not kidding either). I approached an airport worker and said I wouldn't make my connection with that line and he took me to a special line for crew members and families only, so I "only" waited for 20 minutes. Just to open Jona's water and milk bottles to be tested for vapors (I guess bomb checks), having the guy look at all his food, then taking a filter paper over hands for something (either drugs or bomb dust I guess), which took lovely 15 minutes. Yeah bring it on to mom who just traveled 9 hours in a plane, 3 hours in a car and hurrying to a connection. They didn'd do that in Frankfurt nor Detroit nor SFO ever! So off I run, and since it's huge, it takes another 20 minutes to the gate so I arrived at my gate to Denver 15 minutes prior to boarding. I had an overall layover of 3 (!!!) hours in Chicago, yet everything took so frigging long!!! I will never use that place as a layover airport again. Atlanta and Washington Dulles were so much easier (special immigration and security lines for people with connecting flights!!!). So when we arrived in Denver, we had been on the road for 22 hours. Daddy was already at the baggage belt and had fished our luggage off of it (not knowing I had a third bag, well stuff just didnt fit!!!). ;) Another 2 hours on the interstate and we were home! I was soooo beat! Jona slept so bad the night before the flight and nearly cried when Opa left us at the gate (so so sad, we basically all cried) and slept 5 hours on the planes and 2 in the car, so he went straight to bed and slept on a normal schedule, so he isn't really jetlagged, luckily. I caught my nephew's cold though, and on the plane it turned into yet another sinus infection, my head is killing me!!!

Traveling really isn't easy, but it's so worth it. I wish I had too much money so we could fly 1st class, with room to relax and sleep! My sister will move to Shangai next Tuesday, and they always get to fly business class since VW sends them there for three years - so their son has his own business class seat - he slept perfectly in it, it is huge and completely down-foldable like a bed! They did fly Air France through Amsterdam with no complaints btw. My poor parents, one kid in the US, one in China, only one left in the neighbor county!

Edited by Anna C.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Timeline

Thank you Chnst. Why not fly with Air France?

Im afraid they will not let me book a bassinet seat if im flying with my cat. i know i tried before when Alex was 3 months old and a very nasty Delta employer said that you cant do that cause the cat has to be under the seat in front of you! Oh well...maybe i can get somebody to fly with me and get a seat behind me or something, and that way i can get the bassinet seat.

I was planning on flying Delta/ KLM through Amsterdam. Best airline/ airport ever!! (KLM/Shiphol)

I really wanted to buy a carseat/stroller/ playpen here and have them shipped with me when i go. And i was afraid if i hold the baby, they wont accept to ship the carseat, stroller and playpen.

Yes KLM is great, I used to go with that airline many times from Berlin-AMS-NYC. Don't book Air France, they are absolutely horrible from the minute you get to the airport. They are the only airline that will not let you gate-check a stroller. Which will be impossible with your kitty and 2 kids... They also have damaged/lost so much of my luggage and I got never reimbursed, just a nasty attitude...

I have also had a great experience with Swiss Air. They let you reserve a bassinet. Maybe you could see if they have a flight to your country and if it's ok to have the cat under your seat. Delta comes right after Air France in my opinion, they are almost as bad, so I wouldn't be surprised if other airlines handle a pet differently.

You will be able to gate-check the stroller (that means you can bring it to the door of the plane and it will be waiting for you in Amsterdam when you get off the plane so you have the stroller until you get on your connecting flight) . Then checking a playpen and another carseat should not be a problem at all, after all you're traveling with 2 children, so I'm almost 100% sure that it shouldn't be a problem at all.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008