ScottThuy

Thuy's Interview @ HCMC

111 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Thanks everyone.. she is dealing with it better than I.. but my son is the one that is taking it hard... we had expected the possibility but he doesn't understand it.. We have everything they need already, but have to wait a month longer to give it to them...

If noted on your slip, you can try to submit the documents earlier...The police certs will take a little more time (a few days?!) but hopefully you have everything else ready to go.

...In our case, we took the time to compile the requested items and re-review everything before we submitted on the date listed on the blue sheet.

People have had success both ways, it all depends on how comfortable you are with the documents you plan on submitting.

...But if you'll be there next month you two might as well make a "mini vacay" out of your trip when you submit the docs...

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
If noted on your slip, you can try to submit the documents earlier...The police certs will take a little more time (a few days?!) but hopefully you have everything else ready to go.

...In our case, we took the time to compile the requested items and re-review everything before we submitted on the date listed on the blue sheet.

People have had success both ways, it all depends on how comfortable you are with the documents you plan on submitting.

...But if you'll be there next month you two might as well make a "mini vacay" out of your trip when you submit the docs...

Another woman there told her not to bring them early... she was really nice to Thuy and said bring the stuff back on the date on the paper to get the pink slip... her words not mine.. I think they are just buying time for some reason.. maybe to send some of those guys up to talk to the local gossip... she's on a flight back to HaNoi in a few hours.. she will have the new police cert by the end of the week.. no idea why they refused the one she had.. her family wanted her to spend new years there anyway so I am not sweating the extra month.. now if they say AP on the 23rd.. that could be a big mistake...

We have the vacay planned for mid March to go to Disney and then to cape canaveral to watch the shuttle go up...

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Sorry about that. I know that was hard interview for Thuy, i got before too but lucky i have baby and waited long time. Everything will be ok, PINK is still waiting for Thuy. Good luck to both you.

IR1 - processed from 02/12/2008 to 12/08/2009

INTERVIEW : JAN 21-2010- GOT PINK

VISA IN HAND : FEB 4,2010

MOVED TO USA : FEB 6,2010

10 YEARS GC IN HAND : MARCH 13,2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Another woman there told her not to bring them early... she was really nice to Thuy and said bring the stuff back on the date on the paper to get the pink slip... her words not mine.. I think they are just buying time for some reason.

We have the vacay planned for mid March to go to Disney and then to cape canaveral to watch the shuttle go up...

Scott who is this other women, Is she directly involved in the approval decision? IMO they were using "the good cop, bad cop senerio". Only the interviewing CO mindset should be relevant here. The other women probably felt sorry for her, and just sad whatever, so Thuy would leave the building. Ask yourself why was she being really nice for? First, not letting her conduct her Interview in English, tells me that this CO has personel issue towards you. And was takeing it out on Thuy, she didnt deserve that treatment. Second I have a feeling that the path your case was already decided during pre-interview review. Was there a green slip on the table already waiting? IMO they are setting her up to fail, make no mistake about it. As far as the acutal interview and demeanor of the persons involved, it just vaildates our opioion of why HCM consulate is an embarasment to the DOS. Im assuming that near the top of your green slip, there should be a paragraph that states the applicant and/or the petitioner may submit addition proof of bona fied realationship for review. Even though you have probably submitted in you intial filling, you must include EVERTHING again when she goes back(including all evideince that Thuy brought which the CO refused to look at). Make sure you intergrated in your timeline. If the evidence is submitted separtely, the intake personnel not acept it. They will only acept what was indicated on the green sheet. Lastly, prepare a well written Coverletter/REBUTTAL along with your green sheet. It should express your opioion as to why you felt Thuy did not recieve a proper interview in accordance with the F.A.M ( Foreign Affairs Manuel). Please read the sections in FAM regarding interview procedures, aplicants rights, and refussal procedures. If things start to go sideway, at least there will be evidence in your file of how the interview was conducted. Scott right now Mickey Mouse can wait, you got bigger fish to fry. Good Luck (L)

Round 1 (K-1)

Mar-16-09: interview (blue slip)

Mar-25-09: returned with blue slip denied, (white slip)

Jun-04-09: nvc received returned petition

Jun-08-09: nvc forwards to uscis

Jun-19-09: noa3 uscis received ( pending under review)

Sep-17-09 : touched!!!

Sep-21-09: Notice of Decesion, Expired free to file again

Round 2 (K-1)

(1st denied case received & forward dates at NVC,and 2nd refiling & noa1 at uscis are identical ....how ironic)

I-129F sent: Jun 04-09

noa1 recvd: Jun 08-09

noa2: Sep-17-09 APPROVED

noa2 Hard Copy: Sep 21-09 called CSC said not approved still pending in system (#######!!!!)

noa3 recvd: Nov 25-09 USCIS is reopening case NOA2 was issued in error.(Government Motion to Reopen)

RFE ( NOID) recvd: Dec 18-09 ask to give rebuttal on consulate finding regarding 1st petition

RFE sent: Dec 20-09 rebuttal submitted plus able to front load additional proof.

noa4 recvd: Dec 28-09 APPROVED FINALLY

NVC recvd: Jan 04-10

NVC left: Jan 12-10

Consulate Recvd: Feb 05-10

Packet 3 submitted: Feb 09-10

Packet 4 Recvd: April 16-10

Interview : May 12-10...PINK SLIP already on the table (2years 1week later)

Visa Pickup: May 28-10 In Hand!!

POE: May 29-2010 LAX

Feelinglucky Tonight

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I agree.. I may be there with her next month...

I think if you are there when she submits the info and tells them you are there she will get the visa. They might ask you a few questions and interview you both again seperate like they did with my wife and I but I think you will get the visa if you go there. If you don't I think it could end up in AP until you go there. You had a few red flags and by going there and looking them in the face be it durning the interivew or counsular hour will go further than any material proof.

Good luck

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-04

Interview Date : 2008-11-06

Interview Result : Denied 2008-12-05

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Marriage : 2009-04-13

I-130 Sent : 2009-04-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-04-29

I-130 Approved : 2009-09-09

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 4 Received : 2009-11-13

Interview Date : 2009-12-23

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2010-01-07

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

By my side happy everafter 02-19-10

Wow Scott, I am so sorry to hear this. I cannot imagine what that interview must have been like. I know you two were very thouroughly prepared. This just shows the inconsistency within this consulate. However I strongly believe that you two will percevere. I have heard of people being asked the "taboo" question and I really dont see the relevance or why they would ever even ask this question. I feel it is very rude and unprofessional. And the fact that they would not even allow her to answer in english. I mean that should be her option. I know some others have done some of both, like answering in english and or requesting a question to be repeated or something in Vietnamese. Anyway this whole think just stinks. I know from the time we have been aquainted that you two are the real deal without a question. I wish we could all come and picket the consulate!!!!!! We will be continuing to pray for you two every day. I know there is additional burden since Thuy has to travel all the way from Hanoi to HCMC. Will you be able to submit the info in person Scott? I still believe that there can be advantages to the USC going to the consulate and talking to someone. Our instance was very simple but when I went into the consulate the staff members were very polite and fully explained everything to me. I know this is not always the case and can be dependant on who you end up with but I have to think positive and believe for the best.

Our hearts and souls are big and now we join yours into ours and will keep you with us in our thoughts and prayers. I wish there was something more we could do but hopefully knowing that the support of all your friends here are with you can help in some small way.

We are with you brother!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Timeline

It was a blue slip... not a green.. We still have a great deal of evidence because they would not accept it from her... no doubt about the fact that the decisision was made already... we have already been through AP at NVC and they even called me asking for my exwife.. a great deal of the interview dealt with questions about our ex's... all answers were correct but the CO clearly did not like the answers...

What realy surprises me is that they are asking for evidence that they already have... stuff that was frontloaded that they can't deny having.

There is no rebuttal in the process we are going through.. we have to provide the evidence again along with everything else we have that they have not asked for in the blue slip...

What gets me is that they refused to accept an affidavit from the former mayor of our town who has known me for 7 years and who has known Thuy for 3... in his role as the Vice President of the University that I teach for working with VVienam National University... his affidavit detailed his knowlledge of the both of us and also our relationship as we individually have discussed it with him all along and have dined together with him in HaNoi in early 2009 as a family with my son.

What was done is so out of line that there should be some sort of accountability associated with her(the CO) actions...

I have a great many friends in government that I don't like to ask for favors or talk to about the ####### that we are going through... Mr Fairfax will have to defend his officers actions if not to me, to a great many that can hold him accountable through thier positions in the government.

The reasonable people that I deal with every day clearly see that our relationship is real and are speechless today... an unreasonable CO should not be making the decision... Only an unreasonable person would inquire about sexual relations between unmarried adults in a country/culture that frowns on it...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Thanks Bernie... Thuy said there was one point that the CO asked a question. Thuy understood and waited for the translator to say his part before she responded... then she answered and the translator left out a great deal of her response in the translation... when she tried to correct him, and talk directly to the CO in english, the CO yelled at her and was very rude stating that she must use the translator infering that Thuys english was not understandible.. Thuy has a bachelors degree in the faculty of english at the university in Hanoi... so this makes no sense to me... someone credentialed o teach english, not being allowed to inteview in english..

Timeline

I'm actually really calm compared to last night... She has everything already, aside from a new police cert... the one from last month was not acceptible for some reason... just trying to wrap my head around something that makes no sense when a logical mind is used...

Thanks Bernie... Thuy said there was one point that the CO asked a question. Thuy understood and waited for the translator to say his part before she responded... then she answered and the translator left out a great deal of her response in the translation... when she tried to correct him, and talk directly to the CO in english, the CO yelled at her and was very rude stating that she must use the translator infering that Thuys english was not understandible.. Thuy has a bachelors degree in the faculty of english at the university in Hanoi... so this makes no sense to me... someone credentialed o teach english, not being allowed to inteview in english..

I keep seeing so many inconsistencies between the CO's. I mean for example, if anyone should have been grilled about ex's it should have been us. I was married three times yet they asked hardly nothing. Only if she know how many. So there is inconsistency #1.

Not allowing Thuy to submit the timeline - this one I have seen many times and I dont get it at all. I email our about two weeks before the interview. I received a confirmation from a consulate staff member that they put it in out file. Then at the interview they never even asked for the original notarized copy (the one I email was a scanned copy of the notarized timeline). That is inconsistency #2.

Same with the police certificate. I have heard others state the same thing. Inconsistency #3.

The language thing and the rudeness!!! That is just somply wrong!

My god, we could keep going on and on. I just dont get it.

You are both educated people and have done everything by the book and addressed things. I think the system need an overhaul, but in the meantime, keep your strength and do your best to get some rest. I think that it will all work out in the end and I know that your love for each other will endure any challenge they put before you.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

In the end the birds will sing so happily - sometimes logic makes no sense at all!

When i was young

It seemed that life was so wonderful

A miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical

And all the birds in the trees

Well they´d be singing so happily

Oh joyfully, oh playfully watching me

But then they sent me away

To teach me how to be sensible

Logical, oh responsible ,practical

And they showed me a world

Where i could be so dependable

Oh clinical, oh intellectual, cynical

There are times when all the world´s asleep

The questions run too deep

For such a simple man

Won´t you please, please tell me what we´ve learned

I know it sounds absurd

But please tell me who i am

Now watch what you say

Or they´ll be calling you a radical

A liberal, oh fanatical, criminal

Oh won´t you sign up your name

We´d like to feel you´re

Acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

At night when all the world´s asleep

The questions run too deep

For such a simple man

Won´t you please, please tell me what we've learned

I know it sounds absurd

But please tell me who i am, who i am ,who i am.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

Timeline

long time since I heard supertramp... :thumbs:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

While I know nothing about your case, given that your case had red flags (I'm just going on what other members here have said) and HCM is known as tough consulate, I'm just wondering why you were not there at the interview to dispel any doubts? Vietnam is one of the high-fraud consulates and there's a reason why the COs do the job they do. Not that it excuses rude behavior but fact of the matter is places like Vietnam, China, India are deemed to be high-fraud countries. Thanks to a few bad apples, those with genuine relationships get caught up in the mess.

However, I hope you can overcome this obstacle and give them what they want. And hopefully, get what you want. Good luck.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.