ScottThuy

Thuy's Interview @ HCMC

111 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thuy said the CO acted as if she could not understand her.in either language. Could be due to the northern VN dialect.. the translation didnt reflect what she had said... it was compared to Thuy saying a story and then the CO saying 1 or 2 words.... I imagined those old kung fu movies where a guys mouth moves forever and you only hear two words..

I think the Black female CO is one of the big guns.. the other being that korean woman.. if they are the one doing the interview, then it will likely get ugly and take a long time... When I am there in a few weeks I will go in ahead of time and talk to the Consulate General. not as much to complain, but to inquire why documents were ignored that were in the initial filing as well as why documenst were refused at the interview... I want the CO's to be able to prevent visa fraud... I have seen far too much of it here... I also don't want to see families put through the pain that I have seen so many go through and am starting to feel myself...

The issue is that we were both legally married when we met..that is likely what they have a problem with.. most of the questions focused on that topic. had they accepted the notarized timeline she had with her and tried to give them, they would totally understand the relationship between us and our former spouses. If there is a political issue regarding her family or the north regarding what happened 40 years ago someone needs to grow up.. with all of the horror stories that Thuys grandmother told her growing up, it is amazing that she would even consider going to eat with an american, let alone marry one... they put it behind them and don't blame me for the actions of others...

I can address the issue with documentation and submit the documents that they refused to acceppt yesterday... IMO that, along with being there, and wanting to resolve any issues and take my fiance back to the US with me shows alot.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott, I believe Thuy was going to get this treatment regardless of anything you did or did not do in preparation for the interview. There is something about your case that they do not like and they tried to get her to make a mistake or crack. If that happened, they could white slip her without having to deal with the real issue, which you may or may not know about. We have all seen it many times here on VJ. Any interview that lasts more than 10-12 minutes is abnormal and is intentionally drawn out for a reason. Look back at the results of those interviews.

If there are some significant underlying negatives in the case, then that's the reason for the length and line of questioning. They already seriously doubt the case, and that's what they do when they doubt cases. If that's the case, then expecting a pink slip on the first try, especially in HCM, might be a bit unrealistic.

Timeline
If there are some significant underlying negatives in the case, then that's the reason for the length and line of questioning. They already seriously doubt the case, and that's what they do when they doubt cases. If that's the case, then expecting a pink slip on the first try, especially in HCM, might be a bit unrealistic.

One would think that if the issues were not addressed in the initial filing... buy I frontloaded documentation to address the issues.. they ignored it and are now asking for it when in fact they have these documents......

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

One would think that if the issues were not addressed in the initial filing... buy I frontloaded documentation to address the issues.. they ignored it and are now asking for it when in fact they have these documents......

The problem is that you are providing your own documents like timeline to go against legal, recorded documents. Which one holds more weight to the government? Which means you might actually need a lawyer.

Timeline

what are you talking about? I provided documents from the court showing my ex's address as well as my current address... along with notarized startements.. what was "my own" against recorded documents?

Timeline

Given the stress that I have gone through in the past 24 hours and the fact that you don't really understand the case that was presented.. no need to continue this...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
It was a blue slip... not a green.. We still have a great deal of evidence because they would not accept it from her... no doubt about the fact that the decisision was made already... we have already been through AP at NVC and they even called me asking for my exwife.. a great deal of the interview dealt with questions about our ex's... all answers were correct but the CO clearly did not like the answers...

What realy surprises me is that they are asking for evidence that they already have... stuff that was frontloaded that they can't deny having.

There is no rebuttal in the process we are going through.. we have to provide the evidence again along with everything else we have that they have not asked for in the blue slip...

What gets me is that they refused to accept an affidavit from the former mayor of our town who has known me for 7 years and who has known Thuy for 3... in his role as the Vice President of the University that I teach for working with VVienam National University... his affidavit detailed his knowlledge of the both of us and also our relationship as we individually have discussed it with him all along and have dined together with him in HaNoi in early 2009 as a family with my son.

What was done is so out of line that there should be some sort of accountability associated with her(the CO) actions...

I have a great many friends in government that I don't like to ask for favors or talk to about the ####### that we are going through... Mr Fairfax will have to defend his officers actions if not to me, to a great many that can hold him accountable through thier positions in the government.

The reasonable people that I deal with every day clearly see that our relationship is real and are speechless today... an unreasonable CO should not be making the decision... Only an unreasonable person would inquire about sexual relations between unmarried adults in a country/culture that frowns on it...

Scott,

I feel everything you are going through. You will have opportunity to submit your evidence if they place your case in Additional Processing. I don't have our blue slip available but I think it has something on it about failing to act or respond. This is what I quoted to them to get them to take more evidence after they place us in AP. I also was not divorced until after meeting Dao and I believe that was part of our problem. My Ex-wife did not did not transfer the house title or take me off the home bills so it showed my name on those things. If you have a like case, check into that stuff.

I also feel the translator played a big part in the process and that is not how it is suposed to be. Unless these interviews are attended by more than one person they can do whatever they want.

On my last trip in September I had opportunity to talk to Mr. Kenneth Fairfax and his wife. They were dedicating the new building across the street as I was exiting the Embassy after a futile attempt to get some action during one of those open window periods they try to contain complaints too. I found talking to him useless. He and his wife were all smiles until I mentioned my business at the consulate then the conversation blockers went up. He knows what is going on. They don't care. He tried to tell me that it is illegal for him to get involve with our case. I replied telling him I don't want him to get involved in my case. I wanted him to get involved in all the cases and make the playing field level and fare. He told me there is nothing he can do. I told him he should do something as US citizen's representative. I told him that for him and his wife to stand by and allow this to happen is wrong. I come from Delaware. Home of Vice President Biden I had someone close to him discuss our application and he bowed out.

I understand your frustration and I too am concerned. Save your efforts to concentrate on making your application undeniable. Some day when your best girl is all legal we will meet at the embassy for a rally and get our pictures and statements in the international news.

Good luck to all,

Fred

If you can't do what you want to do, do what you can do.

Timeline
Scott,

I feel everything you are going through. You will have opportunity to submit your evidence if they place your case in Additional Processing. I don't have our blue slip available but I think it has something on it about failing to act or respond. This is what I quoted to them to get them to take more evidence after they place us in AP. I also was not divorced until after meeting Dao and I believe that was part of our problem. My Ex-wife did not did not transfer the house title or take me off the home bills so it showed my name on those things. If you have a like case, check into that stuff.

I also feel the translator played a big part in the process and that is not how it is suposed to be. Unless these interviews are attended by more than one person they can do whatever they want.

On my last trip in September I had opportunity to talk to Mr. Kenneth Fairfax and his wife. They were dedicating the new building across the street as I was exiting the Embassy after a futile attempt to get some action during one of those open window periods they try to contain complaints too. I found talking to him useless. He and his wife were all smiles until I mentioned my business at the consulate then the conversation blockers went up. He knows what is going on. They don't care. He tried to tell me that it is illegal for him to get involve with our case. I replied telling him I don't want him to get involved in my case. I wanted him to get involved in all the cases and make the playing field level and fare. He told me there is nothing he can do. I told him he should do something as US citizen's representative. I told him that for him and his wife to stand by and allow this to happen is wrong. I come from Delaware. Home of Vice President Biden I had someone close to him discuss our application and he bowed out.

I understand your frustration and I too am concerned. Save your efforts to concentrate on making your application undeniable. Some day when your best girl is all legal we will meet at the embassy for a rally and get our pictures and statements in the international news.

I just got the blue slip and wentthrough each item.. pretty straightforward. the issues are our ex's ... we can document that they are no longer with us with government documents... her police cert was incomplete.. it had no criminal history or lack of one mentioned so it has to be redone.. simple.. and the timeline is spot on and already there.. I guess they want to keep it all very beurocratic... not my job and I can't help you kind of thing... but I know that when I go in for the USC hour, they must not everything we say in our file... found a ticket for 1200 so I will be there for the next appointment even if it is just to drop off papers....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Scott,

I am sorry to hear about what happened with Thuy at the interview. I like your approach. Just give them what they want in February and see where this goes. I am surprised that the CO asked such intimate questions but what surprised me even more is the fact that they asked for documentation that you had already front-loaded with your I-129F petition. I researched the archives on VJ and could not find a case where documentation that was already included in a petition by means of front-loading, was requested again during the interview. It appears that the CO's can still issue a blue slip for front-loaded documentation. In any case, I will be anxious to see what they will do next after you submit your documents in February.

I just got the blue slip and wentthrough each item.. pretty straightforward. the issues are our ex's ... we can document that they are no longer with us with government documents... her police cert was incomplete.. it had no criminal history or lack of one mentioned so it has to be redone.. simple.. and the timeline is spot on and already there.. I guess they want to keep it all very beurocratic... not my job and I can't help you kind of thing... but I know that when I go in for the USC hour, they must not everything we say in our file... found a ticket for 1200 so I will be there for the next appointment even if it is just to drop off papers....

1/10/2010-----> Mailed I-130

1/17/2010-----> NOA 1 - Hard Copy

3/28/2010-----> NOA 2 - Email

4/02/2010-----> NOA 2 - Hard Copy

6/14/2010-----> NVC Processing Complete

8/02/2010-----> Interview Date @ 8:00am - Result = PINK!!!

Timeline
Scott,

I am sorry to hear about what happened with Thuy at the interview. I like your approach. Just give them what they want in February and see where this goes. I am surprised that the CO asked such intimate questions but what surprised me even more is the fact that they asked for documentation that you had already front-loaded with your I-129F petition. I researched the archives on VJ and could not find a case where documentation that was already included in a petition by means of front-loading, was requested again during the interview. It appears that the CO's can still issue a blue slip for front-loaded documentation. In any case, I will be anxious to see what they will do next after you submit your documents in February.

Actually many times items are asked for that has been front loaded.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Scott,

Technically, they can't deny the visa for a reason which was known to USCIS at the time the petition was approved. This is the theory and purpose of frontloading - to make USCIS aware of the red flags so the consulate can't use them as an excuse to deny.

In Scott's case, they haven't denied the visa yet. They can ask for practically anything they want on the blue slip, even if it's something that's already been submitted. Many people have gotten blue slips for timelines, even though a timeline was already submitted.

If they do ultimately decide to deny the visa and send the petition back to USCIS, and if they cite reasons which were sufficiently covered in the frontloaded evidence, then USCIS will probably just reaffirm the petition. The consulate can play this game as long as they want, unfortunately.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

No worries.. all of the documents are going to be ready for them next week... exactly what they are asking for in the blue slip and very detailed in addressing each of the 4 items...A government certified copy of a Ho Khau should be sufficient proof of someones address right? and for my ex we have the quit claim of our old house from the clerk, along with a recent credit card bill, her property tax bill and an affidavit from me and two other people saying we dont live together and how long.

Timeline is a done deal and the police cert is no worries.. it was missing some info and just needs to be fixed and stamped..

There is no mention of lack of proof of bonafide...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Scott,

I see that you will have your documents prepared for the second interview. Just give them what they want. Make sure that you include documents like utility bills, mortgage bills, etc for both you AND your ex to prove without a doubt that you do not live together and that you do not share your married name anymore. Also, make sure that both you and your ex's addresses are properly updated in the US mail system with the US Postal Service. I am sure you know what to do here so I won't go into much detail. As for the proof of bonafide, I would bring it but dont give it to them unless they ask for it. I would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

No worries.. all of the documents are going to be ready for them next week... exactly what they are asking for in the blue slip and very detailed in addressing each of the 4 items...A government certified copy of a Ho Khau should be sufficient proof of someones address right? and for my ex we have the quit claim of our old house from the clerk, along with a recent credit card bill, her property tax bill and an affidavit from me and two other people saying we dont live together and how long.

Timeline is a done deal and the police cert is no worries.. it was missing some info and just needs to be fixed and stamped..

There is no mention of lack of proof of bonafide...

1/10/2010-----> Mailed I-130

1/17/2010-----> NOA 1 - Hard Copy

3/28/2010-----> NOA 2 - Email

4/02/2010-----> NOA 2 - Hard Copy

6/14/2010-----> NVC Processing Complete

8/02/2010-----> Interview Date @ 8:00am - Result = PINK!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.