dapobukola

PLEASE HELP

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks for your eply but you are talking about the AOS, we are not applying for AOS right now because we are not married, we just need EAD right now so he can get a job we are going to apply for the AOS after we get married.

While you are in the process of deciding when to file for AOS, you may go to the Social security office now and get him a social security number. Read from the following link about help others gave in the past regarding your case.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...Social+security

Just by showing your I-94 and valid passport, you should be able to obtain an SS card. Read and print this link to show the social security officer this regulation that she or he might not be aware of about k1 visa holder.

http://www.kamya.com/ssn/em00154.pdf

http://hubtvonline.blogspot.com/search/lab...;max-results=20

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Harlingen TX

Date Filed : 2009-12-10

NOA Date : 2009-12-22

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-01-07

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : April 27, 2010

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved : April 27, 2010

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received: May 28, 2010

Filed: Timeline
Hello all and Happy new year. My fiance came to USA on a K1 visa, we went to the social security office to apply for his social security card but the lady that helped us told us that we would need the employment autorization card before he could get a social security card so what i want to know is how long would it take for us to get theemployment autorization card back if we apply for it now because he needs a job ASAP. thanks for all your help in advance.

Which SSA office was this? If he just got here, no EAD is needed to be assigned an SSN. The Form I-94 showing K-1 status will take the place of the EAD card to be assigned an SSN. He needs to provide his unexpired passport and Form I-94. I would take his birth certificate if he has one handy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You should be able to get a SSN. Many people have gone in right after arriving and had success in getting a SSN but I have also heard it is good to wait a week or two to make sure you are in there system maybe this is why you were not issued one. .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

When you get your card it will say "Valid for work only with DHS authoriation" print out RM 00203.500 https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0100203500 in section C it list all visas that obtain SSN

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Hello all and Happy new year. My fiance came to USA on a K1 visa, we went to the social security office to apply for his social security card but the lady that helped us told us that we would need the employment autorization card before he could get a social security card so what i want to know is how long would it take for us to get theemployment autorization card back if we apply for it now because he needs a job ASAP. thanks for all your help in advance.
It took us exactly two months from mailing AOS got the green card today. No RFE or interview required. Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i suggest you go back to the SSA office on about 'day 13' of him being in the country.

The CBP computers don't sink up into SAVE immediately, and SSA checks the SAVE database.

If is any problem at SSA office, come back the next day.

re: EAD - sorry, it's not worth it - What ever you read, what ever you were told - is wrong. Suggest you find an I-9 form, and read it.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.