disconnection

CAIRO'S FINAL REVIEW CLUB

1,191 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Today is the same as yesterday the DOS number is not working, no email are getting answered, i am sending emails to DOS and the Consulate now, will post as soon as i got answer. take care

hope to hear soon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I wanted to thank you all for sharing your stories and experiences here. My husband has his interview scheduled on the 22nd of February and I am going to be there with him for it, Insha'Allah. I figured I might as well go and be with him during this time since the possibility of having AP/AR afterwards is very strong. And hopefully it will help with the interview too! :thumbs:

I wish each and everyone who is waiting for their visa will get them really soon!

I am sure I will be coming back with a bunch of questions for you all!! :innocent:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Timeline

I wonder what is going on with the phone lines with DOS and the Embassy. I also have not received a response to my email to them. Well I just pray that they write back by tomorrow because if not then we will be waiting until at least next Tuesday since the embassy is closed for Police Day next week. This post has been wonderful and motivating to continue through the dark tunnel called AP. Best of luck on your interview AndSam.

Embassy Journey

2009-11-15 : Case at US Embassy in Cairo

2009-10-26 : Medical Exam@4pm

2009-10-28 : Medical Exam results given

2009-11-09 : Interview Date @ 9am

2009-11-09 to 2010-01-21 AP

2010-02-02: Visa Issued

2010-02-06 : Visa in Hand

2010-02-11 : U.S. Entry

U.S. Journey

2010-03-01 : Social Security card received

2010-03-04 : Welcome to the US letter received in the mail

2010-03-11 : Green card received

2010-04-04 : Ahmad got a J-O-B (Alhamdullah!)

2010-05-22 : Ahmad got his DL

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Timeline

Update

Well i called the embassy today .The man there was not friendly and he was not mean either but he was very straight .

Anyway i asked him to check on my case status .He says the case is still pending AP !

I was like well we really sick of hearing that .It has been almost 10 months and we don't hear anything from you but pending AP ! so we want to know whats going on ? why its taking you so long to issue us the visa ?

He was like nothing taking us so long to issue the visa. we are just waiting for the AP result and that AP started on Jan 13 .

I told him that when i called the embassy last week the woman there said it stared on Jan 5 .does that mean if i will call next week to check on my case status someone will tell me it start on Jan 25 or whatever .

He says i can see on the system it started on Jan 13.

I asked him what kinda AP ? for sure he did not tell me . but he says they are waiting for that AP result from USA ! I was like hmmmm so that kinda new AP is in USA not in Egypt ? he says yeah not in Egypt .'' I guess guys maybe its a name check !!!''

I told him that the woman there told me the other time its not approval or denial level .and they are just waiting for the the AP result so they can issue me the visa .He say yeah that's 95% right .we asked for that AP from USA so if they will say yes we will issue you the visa .and its kinda rare to deny you after 10 months of waiting .and if the CO wants to deny you she would do that long time ago .

I asked him how long its going to take ?! He says 1-3 months :(

I told him that my Med exam will expire soon '' in March '' and if i will have to renew it . he says well we still have some time .maybe your AP will be completed this month or next month so you will have to renew it .I told him but if not so i will have to renew it .He says unfortunately yes .

I told him well in fact it does not make any sense for me .It has been almost 10 months and you just started a new AP .why you did not do that AP during those 10 months ? why you did not do it before my second interview ? why even not before my fiancee's interview ? He says that they can not do that kinda AP before that .and that's the rules .'' i guess guys they waited for my second interview and for my fiancee's interview to see if they will give us the visa or not .if yes so they will start that new AP before they give me the visa . and if they will not give me the visa so they will not be need to start that AP. that's my thought ''

So guys i guess i will not hear good news soon . :( and i will try to call DOS to see if its name check or if the embassy doing their own verifications.?!!

Good luck everyone .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Finaly, I talked to someone at DOS call center, i asked them what was wrong with their phone system, and she said the sysmen was hacked with a lot of calls with Haiti issues that is why the phone is not working. when i asked here about my case she said it is still waiting the CO final review. She said there are a lot of cases waiting the final review because of the Holidays, so will take time to finish up the reiview. I hope things will smooth soon.

I will post if i got more info

best wishes

Timeline

Cairo, thanks for the update. You beat me to it, but I was thinking the same reason that the DOS told you, that they were unreachable due to all the Americans calling in request to seach for family/friends in the Haiti crisis. I am not sure why the embassy is not returning emails. As for us, I decided to only call the DOS every couple weeks. It's only been two months of the seven that they told us we have to wait....so I am trying to be as patient as I can but it's hard because I miss my husband terribly. InshaAllah, we will all hear something soon.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Cairo, thanks for the update. You beat me to it, but I was thinking the same reason that the DOS told you, that they were unreachable due to all the Americans calling in request to seach for family/friends in the Haiti crisis. I am not sure why the embassy is not returning emails. As for us, I decided to only call the DOS every couple weeks. It's only been two months of the seven that they told us we have to wait....so I am trying to be as patient as I can but it's hard because I miss my husband terribly. InshaAllah, we will all hear something soon.

I hope it doesn't take 7 months! This must be very hard on you. Are you planning a visit anytime soon?

Timeline
I wonder what is going on with the phone lines with DOS and the Embassy. I also have not received a response to my email to them. Well I just pray that they write back by tomorrow because if not then we will be waiting until at least next Tuesday since the embassy is closed for Police Day next week. This post has been wonderful and motivating to continue through the dark tunnel called AP. Best of luck on your interview AndSam.

the embassy will be closed only on moday , i guess they will work on saunday as it's a normal working day so i hope next week will carry good news or will carry visa in hand isA .

Timeline
Update

Well i called the embassy today .The man there was not friendly and he was not mean either but he was very straight .

Anyway i asked him to check on my case status .He says the case is still pending AP !

I was like well we really sick of hearing that .It has been almost 10 months and we don't hear anything from you but pending AP ! so we want to know whats going on ? why its taking you so long to issue us the visa ?

He was like nothing taking us so long to issue the visa. we are just waiting for the AP result and that AP started on Jan 13 .

I told him that when i called the embassy last week the woman there said it stared on Jan 5 .does that mean if i will call next week to check on my case status someone will tell me it start on Jan 25 or whatever .

He says i can see on the system it started on Jan 13.

I asked him what kinda AP ? for sure he did not tell me . but he says they are waiting for that AP result from USA ! I was like hmmmm so that kinda new AP is in USA not in Egypt ? he says yeah not in Egypt .'' I guess guys maybe its a name check !!!''

I told him that the woman there told me the other time its not approval or denial level .and they are just waiting for the the AP result so they can issue me the visa .He say yeah that's 95% right .we asked for that AP from USA so if they will say yes we will issue you the visa .and its kinda rare to deny you after 10 months of waiting .and if the CO wants to deny you she would do that long time ago .

I asked him how long its going to take ?! He says 1-3 months :(

I told him that my Med exam will expire soon '' in March '' and if i will have to renew it . he says well we still have some time .maybe your AP will be completed this month or next month so you will have to renew it .I told him but if not so i will have to renew it .He says unfortunately yes .

I told him well in fact it does not make any sense for me .It has been almost 10 months and you just started a new AP .why you did not do that AP during those 10 months ? why you did not do it before my second interview ? why even not before my fiancee's interview ? He says that they can not do that kinda AP before that .and that's the rules .'' i guess guys they waited for my second interview and for my fiancee's interview to see if they will give us the visa or not .if yes so they will start that new AP before they give me the visa . and if they will not give me the visa so they will not be need to start that AP. that's my thought ''

So guys i guess i will not hear good news soon . :( and i will try to call DOS to see if its name check or if the embassy doing their own verifications.?!!

Good luck everyone .

man don't be disappointed because his words carried some hope that they will issue your visa as soon as this AP ends so someday between 30 DAYS and 90 DAYS , and who knows it might be done before the 30 days . so you just relax because you are on the final step of your journey and soon you will be with the one you love :)

just keep on calling and sending mails , DON'T GIVE UP

Timeline
Finaly, I talked to someone at DOS call center, i asked them what was wrong with their phone system, and she said the sysmen was hacked with a lot of calls with Haiti issues that is why the phone is not working. when i asked here about my case she said it is still waiting the CO final review. She said there are a lot of cases waiting the final review because of the Holidays, so will take time to finish up the reiview. I hope things will smooth soon.

I will post if i got more info

best wishes

true , that's what they told me when i called .... holidays would cause a delay to the final review cases ...now holidays are over and back to work time so let's hope one of the ppl on the final review will get his visa so we know things are moving on .

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Disconnection, thank you for starting this thread!!

The number of people who are going through AP/AR/FR through Cairo Consulate is bigger than I thought... I know we haven't waited since most of you guys have waited, but it's still hard :( I really thought my interview went great...the CO was REALLY nice...I was told to expect my visa shortly after they receive the docs from John.. DOS told John that my interview review was perfect... But it's been 5 weeks now and the case is still pending the AR..

So from the previous posts...I understood that AR is a short AP.. Did I get right? Some of us or some posters spouses are under AP and they get the FR email... So that makes us all in a way or another under AP right?

We have emailed the Consulate once this week and still got no reply yet and DOS lines have been busy for the last two days...

I really hope all of us hear good news soon! :star:

Sharifah and Olivia, it's good to see the two of you post again! :luv:

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline
this topic has been made especially for those who are in the final review step , and i only know 3 of them (aya&john) ,(nancy&ahmed) and I .plus Hot guy who is in his last days of AP isA to follow us to the final review .

let's hope this thread will stay alife until we all get our visas , and we hope we will have to know who else in the final review , lets share the news and keep our spirit high to pass over the waiting time which seems ENDLESS .

good luck for all of us and may God help us as he knows how much do we suffer .

Hey dude

I hope u doing good and all is well with u i do remember your case was pretty much smiliar to my case cause they requested from u co-sponsor . i want u to be a ware of this point final review sounds promising could take 1 to 5 months before the consular completes all the action on your case

i waited 3 months .during this period all the e-mails which i got had only one response final review good luck dude

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hey dude

I hope u doing good and all is well with u i do remember your case was pretty much smiliar to my case cause they requested from u co-sponsor . i want u to be a ware of this point final review sounds promising could take 1 to 5 months before the consular completes all the action on your case

i waited 3 months .during this period all the e-mails which i got had only one response final review good luck dude

That's very encouraging..... :blink:

Well, at least Disconnection is done with most of the wait...

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline

It isnt encouraging but unfortunately it seems to be very true . We have been in final review since Nov 16th. On the day he had his interview which was Nov 9th he was told that he would have his visa in hand before the end of November. Here it is almost end of January and it seems that there is no hope for even a visa this month. I have been wondering if the new law that got passed allowing illegal Haitians to get temporary protection and visas will somehow impact the number of visas that are given worldwide?? Hot guy, I think you will be getting your visa in a few weeks max and definitely not months. Also I wanted to ask, when I call DOS and ask for an update would it possible to ask if the AP is internal or in DC or would they not answer something like that? By the way this is my favorite topic to get on and read!!!

Embassy Journey

2009-11-15 : Case at US Embassy in Cairo

2009-10-26 : Medical Exam@4pm

2009-10-28 : Medical Exam results given

2009-11-09 : Interview Date @ 9am

2009-11-09 to 2010-01-21 AP

2010-02-02: Visa Issued

2010-02-06 : Visa in Hand

2010-02-11 : U.S. Entry

U.S. Journey

2010-03-01 : Social Security card received

2010-03-04 : Welcome to the US letter received in the mail

2010-03-11 : Green card received

2010-04-04 : Ahmad got a J-O-B (Alhamdullah!)

2010-05-22 : Ahmad got his DL

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Timeline

I believe I once read that all AP is done in DC. I also wonder if the Haiti law is affecting immigration world wide. I haven't heard from my Congressman since 1/11 and the last time DHL updated was 1/4. There is another holiday at the Embassy next Tuesday for Police Day after two holidays this month already? What next Roller Skate Day? LOL!

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.