disconnection

CAIRO'S FINAL REVIEW CLUB

1,191 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

dear all i feel like we are in the most boring step on the journey as i am sure no one of us had the same long waiting and worrying time but since the consular step started , everything was ok during the USCIS and the NVC but thigs started to be so bad since we all started to deal with the consular .

i am confused now and i hope hot guy will help us to tell what is the difference between consular review and consular's final review , as i know that the consular review happens when your case during the interview is missing something so then after this missing thing is being submitted to them the consular starts to review it , and when everything is ok then you are in the normal AP . and when AP is done the case starts to be in the consular's final review to check the whole case again for the last time before they print the visa .. now how come that some of you were in final review and went back to the AP ??

i am confused :S

Timeline
dear all i feel like we are in the most boring step on the journey as i am sure no one of us had the same long waiting and worrying time but since the consular step started , everything was ok during the USCIS and the NVC but thigs started to be so bad since we all started to deal with the consular .

i am confused now and i hope hot guy will help us to tell what is the difference between consular review and consular's final review , as i know that the consular review happens when your case during the interview is missing something so then after this missing thing is being submitted to them the consular starts to review it , and when everything is ok then you are in the normal AP . and when AP is done the case starts to be in the consular's final review to check the whole case again for the last time before they print the visa .. now how come that some of you were in final review and went back to the AP ??

i am confused :S

Well usually the CO final review its the last step before they issue the visa .but sometimes before they issue the visa a new AP will require .so they will put you again under AP .

I had my interview on March 26 and the embassy put me under AP .''BTW i asked the CO how long its going to take .she says 2 weeks !!!''

On July 30 i got an Email from the embassy and they asked me to send in my passport so they can issue me the visa and they sent the same Email to my fiancee .they asked her to tell me to send in my passport so they can issue me the visa .

So they meant to send me that email and they did not sent me that Email by accident . and it means the AP is complete that's why they asked me to send in my passport .

Since they got my passport i was under CO final review .everytime i send them an Email to check on my case status i get the same answer '' the case is under CO final review''!!

On Sept 16 i got a phone call from the embassy and they asked me for a second interview .

I had my interview on Sept 27 .and they put me again under CO final review .

On Oct 15 i got an Email from the embassy and they said '' the case is under AP ''

I sent them an email and i told them that i was under AP from March till July '' when they asked me to send in my passport '' and i was under CO final review till Oct 12 so why the heck you put me again under AP ? and why the heck you asked me to send in my passport if you were not going to issue me the visa ?!!

I got an Email from them and kinda it makes sense .they told me that when they were going to issue me the visa .a new AP was required !!!!so they put me again under AP .

I found out that the new AP was my fiancee's '' The USC'' interview in Dec.

I called the embassy last week and they told me that they got my fiancee's interview result . i thought its over but sadly they put me again under AP '' the new AP started on Jan 5 ''

Anyway i want to say yeah sometimes its normal you can be under CO final review and next day they can put you under AP still .

I sent them an email yesterday to check on my case status .and i called them today and they did not answer the phone .so i will wait and see what are they going to say this time ?!!

Good luck and my best wishes for all of us .

Mohamed

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Well usually the CO final review its the last step before they issue the visa .but sometimes before they issue the visa a new AP will require .so they will put you again under AP .

I had my interview on March 26 and the embassy put me under AP .''BTW i asked the CO how long its going to take .she says 2 weeks !!!''

On July 30 i got an Email from the embassy and they asked me to send in my passport so they can issue me the visa and they sent the same Email to my fiancee .they asked her to tell me to send in my passport so they can issue me the visa .

So they meant to send me that email and they did not sent me that Email by accident . and it means the AP is complete that's why they asked me to send in my passport .

Since they got my passport i was under CO final review .everytime i send them an Email to check on my case status i get the same answer '' the case is under CO final review''!!

On Sept 16 i got a phone call from the embassy and they asked me for a second interview .

I had my interview on Sept 27 .and they put me again under CO final review .

On Oct 15 i got an Email from the embassy and they said '' the case is under AP ''

I sent them an email and i told them that i was under AP from March till July '' when they asked me to send in my passport '' and i was under CO final review till Oct 12 so why the heck you put me again under AP ? and why the heck you asked me to send in my passport if you were not going to issue me the visa ?!!

I got an Email from them and kinda it makes sense .they told me that when they were going to issue me the visa .a new AP was required !!!!so they put me again under AP .

I found out that the new AP was my fiancee's '' The USC'' interview in Dec.

I called the embassy last week and they told me that they got my fiancee's interview result . i thought its over but sadly they put me again under AP '' the new AP started on Jan 5 ''

Anyway i want to say yeah sometimes its normal you can be under CO final review and next day they can put you under AP still .

I sent them an email yesterday to check on my case status .and i called them today and they did not answer the phone .so i will wait and see what are they going to say this time ?!!

Good luck and my best wishes for all of us .

Mohamed

hopefully we will hear some good news from you tomorrow when they reply your mail.

it doesn't make sense to me how some of our friends got their visa in hand after few days of final review while we are still waiting since over a month , do we have problems ?? so ok tell us what is it ?? we don't have problems ?? ok then why are we still waiting ??

i wish all of us will get to that point of visa in hand soon isA because weeks go by and each week is painful more then the week before , the situation of knowing nothing and can do nothing is horrible actually, but isA God will help all of us and our too long - too painful journey will be done so soon . AMEN

Timeline

Thank you for that explanation Hot Guy. When they were issuing the visa within the 2-3 week period post interview they gave us the same explanation that a second AP was ordered and that was the reason for the delay. We get different answers depending on who asks, he or I, and who we ask, the Embassy or DOS. That is the one consistency in nearly 5 months of waiting. We both feel it is close for us though like the movies say, "Coming Soon."

I hope for good news for all of us waiting as well.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello, just reading this just makes me feel for all of you. I am just waiting for my husband to finish his military which is in less then 40 days now. Im wandering this, did any of you attend the interviews with your S/O's. If yes or no just wandering if they seem to speed it up when you are there. I know I ran into Ronell when I was at the embassy with her husband when she was doing her interview with her husband and they recieved there visa within one month. Im sure there is no real reason but just curious if any of you attended with your spouses? Im sorry to all of you that are still waiting.

Timeline
Hello, just reading this just makes me feel for all of you. I am just waiting for my husband to finish his military which is in less then 40 days now. Im wandering this, did any of you attend the interviews with your S/O's. If yes or no just wandering if they seem to speed it up when you are there. I know I ran into Ronell when I was at the embassy with her husband when she was doing her interview with her husband and they recieved there visa within one month. Im sure there is no real reason but just curious if any of you attended with your spouses? Im sorry to all of you that are still waiting.

I attended the petition interview (DCF) with Wael Nov 06. We were approved the same day. Waited 6 months for his visa interview and another 6 months for the visa to be issued. As far as speeding things up....no.

It's rare to have a visa issued from Cairo in such a short time. Usually the process is 9 months-1 year.

Many people here from Egypt have been in AP/AR longer. Our time frame from beginning to end was 1 yr.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline
I attended the petition interview (DCF) with Wael Nov 06. We were approved the same day. Waited 6 months for his visa interview and another 6 months for the visa to be issued. As far as speeding things up....no.

It's rare to have a visa issued from Cairo in such a short time. Usually the process is 9 months-1 year.

Many people here from Egypt have been in AP/AR longer. Our time frame from beginning to end was 1 yr.

thank you Jeanne for your reply , we were dreaming of having a swift journey but hmmmm finally realized that we are stuck in that nightmare .

but anyways we have nothing to do but to wait and to pray and sharing our thoughts with those friends who are stuck in the same nightmare , it really helps alot when you talk with someone who feels the same like you do .

best of luck for all of us and isA sun will shine so soon, after a long time of gloomy weeks

Timeline
hopefully we will hear some good news from you tomorrow when they reply your mail.

it doesn't make sense to me how some of our friends got their visa in hand after few days of final review while we are still waiting since over a month , do we have problems ?? so ok tell us what is it ?? we don't have problems ?? ok then why are we still waiting ??

i wish all of us will get to that point of visa in hand soon isA because weeks go by and each week is painful more then the week before , the situation of knowing nothing and can do nothing is horrible actually, but isA God will help all of us and our too long - too painful journey will be done so soon . AMEN

Thank you and i hope that you will hear good news soon .

That's what the embassy is trying to find out . they are trying to find out if we have problems or not .they want to make sure that we are clear before they issue us the visa .

I know that the whole process is unfair at all i mean at all .some people get their visas a few days after their interviews and some people get their visas after months or years .

I hope that we all will hear good news soon .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Thank you for that explanation Hot Guy. When they were issuing the visa within the 2-3 week period post interview they gave us the same explanation that a second AP was ordered and that was the reason for the delay. We get different answers depending on who asks, he or I, and who we ask, the Embassy or DOS. That is the one consistency in nearly 5 months of waiting. We both feel it is close for us though like the movies say, "Coming Soon."

I hope for good news for all of us waiting as well.

You are more than welcome Olivia .i did not see you around for a while so welcome back .

I guess that's exactly what happened to me .when they asked me to send in my passport they were going to issue me the visa but a new AP was required .

Well when i call the embassy or when we call DOS they give us the same answer '' the case is still under BS'' LOL .

I hope that we will hear good news soon .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Thank you and i hope that you will hear good news soon .

That's what the embassy is trying to find out . they are trying to find out if we have problems or not .they want to make sure that we are clear before they issue us the visa .

I know that the whole process is unfair at all i mean at all .some people get their visas a few days after their interviews and some people get their visas after months or years .

I hope that we all will hear good news soon .

isA they will find out you have no problems and your visa will be issued within days , we all wish you the best man because you were always helpful to everybody :)

maybe that's why Obama is intending to reform the immigration procedures , bureaucracy and slow processing are keeping families apart and give ppl alot of hard time :S

may God help us .

Timeline

HG that information was very helpful and I have a feeling you will be getting your visa soon isa. I also was told by many people that since we were in final review that we would be getting the visa in 2 or 3 weeks, but of course until now we still havent gotten the visa. I am assuming that when they were about to issue the visa that an AP came up because now when I email them they say mandatory administrative processing. I emailed them about 3 or 4 days but still havent heard back from them. Has anyone written the embassy this week and received an email back from them? Also I called DOS many times today and it kept giving me the message that the circuit is busy. Did anyone have any luck getting through to DOS today?

Embassy Journey

2009-11-15 : Case at US Embassy in Cairo

2009-10-26 : Medical Exam@4pm

2009-10-28 : Medical Exam results given

2009-11-09 : Interview Date @ 9am

2009-11-09 to 2010-01-21 AP

2010-02-02: Visa Issued

2010-02-06 : Visa in Hand

2010-02-11 : U.S. Entry

U.S. Journey

2010-03-01 : Social Security card received

2010-03-04 : Welcome to the US letter received in the mail

2010-03-11 : Green card received

2010-04-04 : Ahmad got a J-O-B (Alhamdullah!)

2010-05-22 : Ahmad got his DL

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Timeline

I feel sorry for all of you who are waiting. Hope that all of you will get visas soon-good luck.

Best of luck!

06/29/2006-Met online(skype), start talking every day(5-6 hours a day)

07/01/2006 became bf & gf.

12/29/2006-flew to Egypt, met for the first time(happy time

01/06/2007-got married

01/15/2007- Flew back to Chicago(sad)

02/?/2007- hubby applied for Egyptian military

06/04/2007-2nd trip to see my love

06/07/2007-our honey moon in Sharm(7 amazing days)

06/19/2007-supposed to go back to USA, but called sick at work and got 12 more extra days.

08/?/2007- my honey went to serve for 2 years & 2 months(very-very sad)

01/30/2008-3rd trip to Egypt

02/20/2008-flew back

12/03/2008-4th trip to see my love

12/20/2008-found out than i'm pregnant(surprised and happy)

01/09/2009-left Egypt

02/10/2009-sent CR-1/IR-1

02/11/2009-reseived at Chicago

02/17/2009-moved to California Service Center

02/17/2009-check cashed

02/19/2009-NOA1 resived my mail

02/19/2009-touched

03/04/2009-touched

03/19/2009-approved

03/24/2009-received approval letter

04/27/2009-paid fee $70.00 on line

10/19/2009-paid IV bill

10/20/2009-shows IV paid

10/23/2009-I-864 sent

10/26/2009 @11:25AM NVC received I-864

10/31/2009-hubby finally finished his military

now waiting for his DS-230, sent it to me 01/09/2010

01/28/2010-finally sent DS-230 today @ 2:55 pm

02/01/2010-delivered @ 11:33am

02/11/2010-email from NVC,need to send original marriage certificate(arabic) and original military records

03/18/2010-case completed

03/23/2010-case sent to Cairo

03/25/2010-reseived by AE

05/09/2010-interview @ 9am(approved)

05/10/2010-visa stamped, 05/17/2010-visa in a hand, 06/04/2010-flying to Chicago

Timeline
HG that information was very helpful and I have a feeling you will be getting your visa soon isa. I also was told by many people that since we were in final review that we would be getting the visa in 2 or 3 weeks, but of course until now we still havent gotten the visa. I am assuming that when they were about to issue the visa that an AP came up because now when I email them they say mandatory administrative processing. I emailed them about 3 or 4 days but still havent heard back from them. Has anyone written the embassy this week and received an email back from them? Also I called DOS many times today and it kept giving me the message that the circuit is busy. Did anyone have any luck getting through to DOS today?

Thank you so much Nancy and i hope that we both will hear good news soon .

I sent 2 Emails to the embassy and i did not get any Emails back from them still .and i tried to call them and they did not answer the phone !!

My fiancee tried several times to call DOS yesterday but she did not get through either .even the only time she got through and it was ringing they did not pick up.

I feel sorry for all of you who are waiting. Hope that all of you will get visas soon-good luck.

Best of luck!

Thanks

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Thank you so much Nancy and i hope that we both will hear good news soon .

I sent 2 Emails to the embassy and i did not get any Emails back from them still .and i tried to call them and they did not answer the phone !!

My fiancee tried several times to call DOS yesterday but she did not get through either .even the only time she got through and it was ringing they did not pick up.

Thanks

Don't give up guys , keep on calling and mailing them every week . and isA we will have good news within the next few days . GOOD LUCK for us :)

Hello everyone, Your fiance is right yesterday DOS phone was out of service and their computer was down. that is why? The Consulate is not responding neither email nor phone calls i dont know why?..

:(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.