disconnection

CAIRO'S FINAL REVIEW CLUB

1,191 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

this topic has been made especially for those who are in the final review step , and i only know 3 of them (aya&john) ,(nancy&ahmed) and I .plus Hot guy who is in his last days of AP isA to follow us to the final review .

let's hope this thread will stay alife until we all get our visas , and we hope we will have to know who else in the final review , lets share the news and keep our spirit high to pass over the waiting time which seems ENDLESS .

good luck for all of us and may God help us as he knows how much do we suffer .

Timeline

Good luck and my best wishes for everyone .

I hope that we all will hear good news soon .

My fingers crossed for all of you guys .

Mohamed

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Good luck and my best wishes for everyone .

I hope that we all will hear good news soon .

My fingers crossed for all of you guys .

Mohamed

thx man and we wish you will update us with good news from your side that you are finally out of AP :)

Timeline
this topic has been made especially for those who are in the final review step , and i only know 3 of them (aya&john) ,(nancy&ahmed) and I .plus Hot guy who is in his last days of AP isA to follow us to the final review .

let's hope this thread will stay alife until we all get our visas , and we hope we will have to know who else in the final review , lets share the news and keep our spirit high to pass over the waiting time which seems ENDLESS .

good luck for all of us and may God help us as he knows how much do we suffer .

:time:

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline
:time:

my interview was 4.5 months ago , and journey started in january 2009 so almost a year now .

Edited by disconnection

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

This is a great topic that you started. I emailed the embassy yesterday to find out if there is any change in the case status, but I havent heard back yet. I have a feeling that a lot of our cases in final review will be finished by the end of the month isa.

Embassy Journey

2009-11-15 : Case at US Embassy in Cairo

2009-10-26 : Medical Exam@4pm

2009-10-28 : Medical Exam results given

2009-11-09 : Interview Date @ 9am

2009-11-09 to 2010-01-21 AP

2010-02-02: Visa Issued

2010-02-06 : Visa in Hand

2010-02-11 : U.S. Entry

U.S. Journey

2010-03-01 : Social Security card received

2010-03-04 : Welcome to the US letter received in the mail

2010-03-11 : Green card received

2010-04-04 : Ahmad got a J-O-B (Alhamdullah!)

2010-05-22 : Ahmad got his DL

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Timeline
This is a great topic that you started. I emailed the embassy yesterday to find out if there is any change in the case status, but I havent heard back yet. I have a feeling that a lot of our cases in final review will be finished by the end of the month isa.

thank you , i really wish your feeling is true and all of them will be finished by the end of january isA :)

kindly inform us when you get the reply from them and isA the reply will come with a very good news for you .

Timeline

Thanks for starting this topic. I received email from the Consulate on January 12 saying.......

Dear Sir:

Thank you for your e-mail message.

We received the documents you sent to our office by the DHL. The case is pending the officer’s review. We will process the case to conclusion once that is completed.

Consular Sction

US Embassy, Cairo

(NI)

Timeline
Thanks for starting this topic. I received email from the Consulate on January 12 saying.......

Dear Sir:

Thank you for your e-mail message.

We received the documents you sent to our office by the DHL. The case is pending the officer’s review. We will process the case to conclusion once that is completed.

Consular Sction

US Embassy, Cairo

(NI)

This is the same reply that I have received from the embassy week after week. When was your interview at the embassy? I am praying that all our final reviews and APs will be finished soon so that we can be with our SO's in time for Valentines Day.

Embassy Journey

U.S. Journey

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Timeline

Hey my fellow Cairo waiting club. My husband and I have been waiting two months now and looking forward to the day they request his passport to receive the visa. Currently, we are still "pending the officer's review." Which means AP for who knows how long.

Anyhow, I was just curious about somthing that Ahmed told me about. During his interview he mentioned that the consulate officer had our case and on top of it it had a sheet of paper with the words, YES and NO and nothing else. He said after the interview was done that the officer circled yes and informed him that it would take 7+ months to get the visa. I was assuming the yes means he will get the visa (I could be wrong, it may not mean that at all). I just thought if they signed yes, why would it take so long? Honestly, I don't know.

Like everyone else I am tired of all this and miss my husband. I just want to start our lives together as I know all of us hope for. Anyhow, I pray that we all hear good news soon, inshaAllah.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Timeline
Hey my fellow Cairo waiting club. My husband and I have been waiting two months now and looking forward to the day they request his passport to receive the visa. Currently, we are still "pending the officer's review." Which means AP for who knows how long.

Anyhow, I was just curious about somthing that Ahmed told me about. During his interview he mentioned that the consulate officer had our case and on top of it it had a sheet of paper with the words, YES and NO and nothing else. He said after the interview was done that the officer circled yes and informed him that it would take 7+ months to get the visa. I was assuming the yes means he will get the visa (I could be wrong, it may not mean that at all). I just thought if they signed yes, why would it take so long? Honestly, I don't know.

Like everyone else I am tired of all this and miss my husband. I just want to start our lives together as I know all of us hope for. Anyhow, I pray that we all hear good news soon, inshaAllah.

That is interesting. Ahmad didnt receive any kind of paper after his interview so I dont know if thats a good or bad thing. Why dont they just email and say AP instead of final review because that really makes me feel that they are about to issue the visa. When I was i Egypt I called and a really nice lady answered and I asked her how long final review lasts. She said it depends from case to case and she also told me that we had just been put on final review since December 13th which is very strange to me since I have been receiving final review emails since November. That just makes me wonder if they just email that consular officer review email to anyone that sends them a message.

Embassy Journey

U.S. Journey

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Timeline
That is interesting. Ahmad didnt receive any kind of paper after his interview so I dont know if thats a good or bad thing. Why dont they just email and say AP instead of final review because that really makes me feel that they are about to issue the visa. When I was i Egypt I called and a really nice lady answered and I asked her how long final review lasts. She said it depends from case to case and she also told me that we had just been put on final review since December 13th which is very strange to me since I have been receiving final review emails since November. That just makes me wonder if they just email that consular officer review email to anyone that sends them a message.

The only paper they gave Ahmed was one saying that they will request his passport later. The one that said Yes or No was attached to the case and stayed with the officer on the other side of the glass. I agree with ya Nancy....they should just say AP instead of the "pending review/final review" BS!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Timeline

It's been 4 months 3 weeks and 5 days for us since his approval in the interview and they told him it wouldn't be more than 2-3 weeks for the visa in hand. If it's going to be 7+ months now then I'm really wishing I was there with him in Egypt. We've received various messages from the Embassy and DOS that we're either in AP or Consular Final Review. This has been going on since the beginning of the wait. One email said a second AP was ordered during the processing of the visa. There was no more information other than that. Then recently an email said we are now in consular's final review.

We have our Congressman making congressional inquiries and that doesn't seem to help much as they get the same info we get. Also something strange about that for us they asked my Husband to fill out the forum and sign it instead of having me do it when it's my Congressman or my Representative and my Husband is not even here yet. I'm the USC that filed the petition and my Husband is the beneficiary. I explained all that to them but they still asked for my Husband to do the paper instead of me because it was for his visa and some 1974 privacy act?

I'll let you all know more when I get more information even if it's the same dhl.com status update we've had every other week since then, "Scheduled for delivery as agreed." I found some others are updated the same day we are and that last week they didn't update because there was a holiday there Jan 7th and another on Jan 17th.

The only paper they gave Ahmed was one saying that they will request his passport later. The one that said Yes or No was attached to the case and stayed with the officer on the other side of the glass. I agree with ya Nancy....they should just say AP instead of the "pending review/final review" BS!

Here is something that happened to us once. At the interview they took his passport and once a reply to an email inquiry from us had them requesting his passport. We thought they'd lost it and we had a bit of a panic until DOS and the Embassy confirmed the passport wasn't lost.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

I had my Interview on December 6, but they requsted to send divorce decree from my husband previous mariage. it took 30 days to get all the docoment they needed Jan 10 2010. Then i sent email to consulate and their respond was we received the document and your case is waiting the officer's review. i am waiting respond from them a email i sent yesterday. i hope eveyone gets the visa soon

Timeline

I also sent a recent email to the embassy and am awaiting a reply from them. Flower, it seems we are in the same boat as your husband and you because at first they were saying final review and now lately they have been saying administrative process. About asking for the passport, I think that is something standard that they send out to everyone because they did the same thing with Mounir a few weeks before they sent him his visa. I hope and pray that we all hear some good news soon.

Embassy Journey

U.S. Journey

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.