bluemist

help for my friend please

56 posts in this topic

Hello fellow VJ'ers,

My friend from the Philippines came here in the US on K1 visa last November 12,2009.Unfortunately,she is not getting marry with her fiancee (petitioner) anymore due to relationship problem.They have a daughter who is 9months old and a US citizen through CRBA.My friend arrived here in the US with her baby.Her problem is,her fiancee doesn't want her to go back to Philippines with their daughter.He said she can stay here in US and they can get marry,stay in the house to be with their baby and just treat each other like friends only..The guy (petitioner) has a girl and my friend found it out just lately.She want to go home as soon as possible before her I-94 expires with her baby.

My question is,how can she get the custody to have her daughter go back to the Philippines?Her fiancee told her that she can't leave with her daughter without custody and he even told her before that if they get marry,they have to do the pre-nuptial.

She told me that her fiancee is taking/using drugs.Her fiancee doesn't hurt him or anything but she doesn't want to stay with him anymore.She's in North Georgia (Flintstone) and don't know anybody who can help her.I told her to go to Atlanta to the Immigration,US Embassy or Phil.Consulate,but the Philippine Consulate that covers Georgia is at Washington,DC.

She don't know how to drive yet,no greencard,no license.She don't know what to do anymore.

Btw,her daughter has a Philippine passport too so her baby is dual-citizen.

Please I need some help or information for her.

Thanks for the advance and speedy answers!!!!!!

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

Hello fellow VJ'ers,

My friend from the Philippines came here in the US on K1 visa last November 12,2009.Unfortunately,she is not getting marry with her fiancee (petitioner) anymore due to relationship problem.They have a daughter who is 9months old and a US citizen through CRBA.My friend arrived here in the US with her baby.Her problem is,her fiancee doesn't want her to go back to Philippines with their daughter.He said she can stay here in US and they can get marry,stay in the house to be with their baby and just treat each other like friends only..The guy (petitioner) has a girl and my friend found it out just lately.She want to go home as soon as possible before her I-94 expires with her baby.

My question is,how can she get the custody to have her daughter go back to the Philippines?Her fiancee told her that she can't leave with her daughter without custody and he even told her before that if they get marry,they have to do the pre-nuptial.

She told me that her fiancee is taking/using drugs.Her fiancee doesn't hurt him or anything but she doesn't want to stay with him anymore.She's in North Georgia (Flintstone) and don't know anybody who can help her.I told her to go to Atlanta to the Immigration,US Embassy or Phil.Consulate,but the Philippine Consulate that covers Georgia is at Washington,DC.

She don't know how to drive yet,no greencard,no license.She don't know what to do anymore.

That is really avery sad situation. She can call an organization like church to help her. Wish someone can help her with this dilemma..really sorry for her.

That is really avery sad situation. She can call an organization like church to help her. Wish someone can help her with this dilemma..really sorry for her.

Yea.She doesn't know any organization at their area.She is trying to do some research.

N-400 Naturalization

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

Hello fellow VJ'ers,

yep agree!!, really this is a very bad situation.. sorry for ur friend.. but this situation also gave us warning... hope someone can help her there in her place.. no relatives there in USA?...

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Sorry to hear about this... I'm sure your friend feels helpless having no drivers license or any family or relatives close to her... try asking her to call the consulate...

7b5542f085.png

event.png

Adjustment of Status:

Approval: 2010-02-16

Greencard Received: 2010-02-25

Removal of Conditions:

1-07-12 Sent I-751 application to CSC

1-11-12 CSC received Application

1-13-12 check cashed

Thanks for all of you who replied.I feel very sad for her.I hope that her fiancee will just let her go home with their daughter.

N-400 Naturalization

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Her ex-fiance has a valid point. If she takes the child out of the US without his permission then she could be accused of kidnapping. It's very unlikely she'll get full physical and legal custody before her I-94 expires. She's only got a few weeks left, and the family courts in the US just don't move that fast. Even if she gets full custody, she'll probably still need his permission to take the child out of the US, unless the child's father gives up his parental rights or the court revokes them. Family courts rarely revoke a parent's rights, even if the parent is a drug addict and/or criminal.

Given the limited time she has left, I think your friend's best chance of getting out of the US with her child before the I-94 expires is to negotiate directly with the father. Perhaps she can persuade him to sign a quit claim by offering to give up her right to seek child support payments.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello fellow VJ'ers,

I think JimVaPhuong made a better point. Try to get the Father to just let her go back to the Philippines. Thinking about marrying the guy, in my opinion, may be frowned upon as consituting fraud, marrying for the sake of the child. VJers are not going to help someone by offering advice in that matter. Don't give up in trying to reason with the guy in letting her go back with the child.

qip3dmkzd14e.png

01/05/12 - Mailed I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions.

01/09/12 - Petiton arrived us VSC.

11/15/12 - Wife Received ten year PR Card.

Timeline

Hi, does she have enough money to buy a palne ticket? Buy a plane ticket and two days b4 her flight turn him in to police for the drugs and while his inside the jail she can leave and her baby and go back to the philippines. Dont let him know her plans though.

kenness

Timeline
Hi, does she have enough money to buy a palne ticket? Buy a plane ticket and two days b4 her flight turn him in to police for the drugs and while his inside the jail she can leave and her baby and go back to the philippines. Dont let him know her plans though.

So you're telling her to kidnap the child!!!!!! That's not good. We on this site are trying to help people do things legally.

Edited by Mike N Julie

qip3dmkzd14e.png

01/05/12 - Mailed I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions.

01/09/12 - Petiton arrived us VSC.

11/15/12 - Wife Received ten year PR Card.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

this is what i would do because i did this with a friend take the child and lady to a shelter for woman and show that the m,an brought her here and she found out that he uses drugs the police arrested him and the shelter ask a lawyer to help the woman and the woman got to stay here and raise her child

Timeline
So you're telling her to kidnap the child!!!!!! That's not good.

Thats not kidnapping who will take care of the child while his in jail. So you rather a drug addict raise the child? Well rather make a way to get out than stay with him miserable.

kenness

Hello fellow VJ'ers,

If she has the money, buy a ticket, pack her bag, call a taxi and board the plane. She is the mother. Also, they are not married. She could do anything she wants with the baby. She could leave anytime with the baby. She does not need to tell him that she is leaving him.

Edited by rheanick

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.