az110965

Obama To Grant Immunity To Illegal Haitians

82 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I just want to point out that sending your money to build churches in impoverished countries does not qualify as providing humanitarian aid.

Just saying.

I'm not against missionaries or church-related charities (I have long been a member of and advisor for St. Vincent de Paul Society) nor am I opposed to churches or other faith-based organizations helping - however to the poster who implied that giving money to his church to build churches in 3rd world countries somehow negates the selfish comments about allowing Haitians TPS....well I don't follow your logic.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

As President Obama closes the books on his first year in office, his record, as opposed to his rhetoric, now defines his political agenda. During 2009, President Obama's record on immigration policy points to certain inescapable conclusions. The overriding objectives of this administration are to enact a massive amnesty for current illegal aliens and vastly expand future flows of immigration to the United States.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

TPS does NOT equal mass amnesty.

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Wow I am speechless you too are so Ignorant, do you guys have a heart I wonder if it was your beneficiary bodies under the rubbles would have say that Richard and AZ I hope you cases takes forever to complete. God is good Thank you Mr. Obama and the world for your support.

Remember” KARMA IS A ###### “

I-130 Timeline:

Sept. 04, 2008 : I-130 Sent to Vermont SC - filed for spouse based on greencard

Oct. 24, 2008 : NOA 1 Received from VSC

April. 30, 2009 : Become US citizen, called USCIS to upgrade I-130 from F2A to IR-1 category

April. 30, 2009 : send a letter with copy of certificate of naturalization to upgrade the petition.

April. 30, 2009 : Status is upgraded to CR-1/IR-1 category and case is pending.

Sept 30, 2009 : NOA2 - approval notice sent Thanx to the God almighty

NVC Journey

Oct 4, 2009 : Case Number Assigned - Received this by speaking to a live operator.

Oct 16, 2009:AOS and IV Fee bills generated and rec'd Invoice id number via e-mail

Oct 20, 2009 :AOS and IV Fee bills status - Paid (online)

RFE I lost at least two weeks

Nov 15,2009 :AOS and DS-230 package sent to NVC

Dec 08,2009 :case completed at NVC (checked through AVR) Merci Jesus

I am praying for a Jan Interview

2009-xx-xx : Forward the case to Embassy in PAP Haiti

Jan 04 2010 : Medical

Jan 27 2010 : Visa Interview

2009-xx-xx : Visa Approved

2009-xx-xx : Visa in Hand

2009-xx-xx : POE

Indeed God blessed us with a Jan 27 Interview what a birthday present

What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate. Mark 10:9

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
Fresh off the AP wire is that in light of the tragedy in Haiti, President Obama is granting illegal status Haitians immunity to stay in the USA. Obama's view was that it wouldn't be fair to send them back to Haiti because of the devestation that occured there.

I for one feel the deepest of sympathy for people of Haiti but REALLY???? Immunity from deportation because Haiti suffered an earthquake????

I personally feel like people from Haiti (and all over the world) are welcome to immigrate LEGALLY to the USA, but since when does an earthquake qualify somone basically for asylum in the USA?

There are natural disasters all over the world on a regular basis (ie: the tsunami which all but destroyed Indonasia several years ago) that are tragic in their occurance, but victims of THOSE disaters weren't afforded any special immigration status.

I'm waiting for my fiancee's visa to be LEGALLY processed (as we all are on this forum) and I'm just a little insulted by President Obams's actions.

Alan

Temporary protected status is a legal status addressed in 8 C.F.R. PART 244. It was granted by homeland security secretary Janet Napolitano. I didn't see that Obama commented on it, but whether or not you, I or Obama like or don't like it, it is the law. I'm not sure what the reason is to feel insulted because the Obama administration chose to follow the law.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Wow I am speechless you too are so Ignorant, do you guys have a heart I wonder if it was your beneficiary bodies under the rubbles would have say that Richard and AZ I hope you cases takes forever to complete. God is good Thank you Mr. Obama and the world for your support.

Remember" KARMA IS A ###### "

And your showing what kind-a KARMA?

Timeline
And your showing what kind-a KARMA?

Really? With all the nasty comments in this thread? Why don't you note the country flag on Marchlyne's post? I can't blame him/her for feeling angry right now.

penguinpasscanada.jpg

Temporary protected status is a legal status addressed in 8 C.F.R. PART 244. It was granted by homeland security secretary Janet Napolitano. I didn't see that Obama commented on it, but whether or not you, I or Obama like or don't like it, it is the law. I'm not sure what the reason is to feel insulted because the Obama administration chose to follow the law.

Politician don't follow the law, but follow the law that works best for their political agenda!

Obama's approval rating is down to 47%, the poll showed, a 14-point drop since the April survey. 45% disapprove, up 17 points from April. Only 41% say they trust Obama more than Congressional GOPers, while 33% pick the GOP over the WH. That 8-point gap is down from a 21-point edge Obama sported as recently as Sept.

Edited by sjr09

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
Politician don’t follow the law, but follow the law that works best for their political agenda!

Either they follow the law or they don't.

This time they did.

Why is it an issue? Maybe it has more to do with your agenda.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

I'm really not surprised at the attitudes of some people here.

This is not about Obama or about anything other than the suffering of hundreds of thousands of people in need. In need. Because of a natural disaster.

My word, is compassion such a foreign concept to some people?

penguinpasscanada.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Richard and AZ I hope you cases takes forever to complete.

That remark is so unnecessary.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

OMG.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Do you not understand how many people have died in the last couple of days there? Conditions you can't even possibly fathom? Temporary protected status doesn't mean they won't ever have to go back, but there isn't much for them to go back to now.

Yeah, I get it, follow the law, immigrate legally. I understand this. I followed the law too. But I also believe that we are tested in times of great tragedy and I fully subscribe to the belief that it is our duty to help those in need. If that means granting them temporary protected status because they can't get home anyway...

Being an open minded person is very seldom nowadays, Congratulations for being one of them. :thumbs::thumbs:

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

Wow. What about the Indonesian (tsunami disaster)?

Back then was George W. Bush, not Mr. Obama.

Chill out people, there's nothing wrong about what Mr. Obama did to these people, as of know they need a place to stay.

Edited by Lancelotte25

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...000082ca60aRCRD

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...000082ca60aRCRD

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

Sometimes, people who came to US with valid visa and they already have plane tickets to return because their purpose of visit is over or the visa is expiring. Those all law binding, legal people can find themselves difficult or extremely dangerou to return to their country as planned under the unforeseen situation in their country. If the country's situation is declared as Temporary Protected Status, those people can apply TPS by filing I-821 and I-765 to stay in US legally and work legally. Sometimes, immigrant law is not all about illegals. Just my opinion.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Maybe it would be helpful to see what TPS is and is not. It does not lead to legal permanent residence.

And citizens of several other countries have received TPS because of armed conflicts and natural disasters, some not even approaching what Haiti has experienced. A list from 2003 included Angola, Burundi, El Salvador, Honduras, Liberia, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Sierra Leone, Somalia, and Sudan. I haven't yet found a more recent list. In spite of armed conflict and numerous devastating hurricanes, including four in one year, Haitians have never before been granted TPS. They are not now receiving preferential treatment that was invented just for them. They are receiving humanitarian treatment as permitted by law.

nice post

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.