akdiver

Should we close this thread?

62 posts in this topic

Ha! So only YK/CN people count? LaL did file through CN and she used to have the CN flag on her profile, so I think she sould at least half-count.

LOL@ me marrying a FSU girl if I was a man. I'm practically a man as it is, although Ammar recently told me to stop saying that as, he said, he has a vested interest that I am as female as possible.

yup. if i had a flag - it would be canadian, yet the immigrant in question is mena!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
i wonder which "group" i belong to then.. mena processed under canadian consulate! :o conundrum!

I think evil Canada because you used to hang in their forum and your husband filed through there (and doesn't he have legal status there?).

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

I think evil Canada because you used to hang in their forum and your husband filed through there (and doesn't he have legal status there?).

actually there were no regional forums when we were going through that stage of the journey, (they came later when we were in AR). There was a thread in the embassy section, but that was really it. I think I can count on one hand the amount of times I posted in the canadian forum :D .

(yes - he is a citizen there now - but wasn't when I met him!) so 27 years in MENA as opposed to 4 years in canada. My VJ profile flag (or lack thereof) makes all the difference though whether I am *in* or *out* of favor :P

Edited by LaL

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I don't think any threads in this forum should be closed until three members of this forum and/or the OP ask for it to be closed. I don't give two $#!ts what folks from other forums think.
And this is precisely why Slim should be the one and only MOD for this forum.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Timeline
actually there were no regional forums when we were going through that stage of the journey, (they came later when we were in AR). There was a thread in the embassy section, but that was really it. I think I can count on one hand the amount of times I posted in the canadian forum :D .

(yes - he is a citizen there now - but wasn't when I met him!) so 27 years in MENA as opposed to 4 years in canada. My VJ profile flag (or lack thereof) makes all the difference though whether I am *in* or *out* of favor :P

I guess I had better face the facts.. you are MENA and we're not really interlopers. :crying:

But, our stereotypes are more fun I think. Instead of being very polite and possibly clubbing seals, we're older, heavier women who look for boy toys half our age.

Timeline
Damn.. I better nix this conundrum and post that flag, STAT!

What, are you saying you don't like our stereotype? :innocent: I honestly wonder how some people on here picture me..us... Slim and Mox are not allowed to tell :)

What, are you saying you don't like our stereotype? :innocent: I honestly wonder how some people on here picture me..us... Slim and Mox are not allowed to tell :)

lol - I have a deficit in my humor nodule regarding being part of a collective that I find slighty disturbing! It just doesn't work. I would rather be known for eating whale blubber.

Timeline
lol - I have a deficit in my humor nodule regarding being part of a collective that I find slighty disturbing! It just doesn't work. I would rather be known for eating whale blubber.

Ahh, yes...although the thing is our stereotype can be either confirmed or denied in pics. The whale blubber/seal clubbing one cannot... only long-term surveillance. I personally find them both amusing though.

+0.5 interloper as per the flag in my profile.

As you were.

You've got to complain about what they talk about though. They make it work to interlope here.

PS--how is your citrus tree?

You've got to complain about what they talk about though. They make it work to interlope here.

PS--how is your citrus tree?

Alas, no amount of nurturing rejuvenated the tree. I'll be replacing it soon though with another lime tree. I'm spending my time nurturing another lovely thing I very much hope not to hurt at all -- the gorgeous Georgelington Flapford IV (aka George):

photo4-1.jpg

:luv:

Oh and uh, yeah! Although I find it fascinating to observe such discourse on women and womanliness as appears in this sub-forum, it's purely on a car-crash level. On the one hand, I have an immediate "ewwwwww" reaction but I just can't look away. I am conflicted. Who is worse -- them for expounding on what a woman should be/do/think/wear without considering that women can and do find happiness and self-actualisation in infinite permutations of internal and external expression (as much as men do) AND that there are "real men" willing to love any one of these phenotypes (including wearing high heels at all times and making oneself up just to go to the supermarket and cooking awesome man treats, all of which could be said about me); or me, for reading here and allowing myself to be goaded into knee-jerk disgust, when that is EXACTLY what certain posters want a woman like me to feel so that their perception of feminists is reinforced?

Hmmm, a real stumper.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

That's quite a hairy pussycat.

Edited by akdiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

That's quite a hairy pussycat.

I'll see if I can find a pic of my hairy pussycat on the toilet then. ;)

Edited by elmcitymaven

Timeline
I'll see if I can find a pic of my hairy pussycat on the toilet then. ;)
Hairy pussycats on toilet...now THAT'S a fetish.

Hairy pussycats on toilet...now THAT'S a fetish.

Ask and ye shall receive.

photo5-1.jpg

Sooooo dirty.

(So embarrassed you can see the loo brush there. :blush: )

Edited by elmcitymaven

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.